Observer

Re: Arris TG1672 and Netgear WNDR3700 Problem

Hello,

My power went out yesterday due to a storm and so my cable was out all night.  Well, everything is back up and running but now i can't get to the outside.  I went into the Arris and it's still in Bridge mode and my WIFI is turned off but nothing seems to work.  I've lost power before but everything worked once it came back on.  Any ideas?

Established Sharer

Perhaps the head end system is still without power.  If your cable modem  doesn't have all of the usual lights (it keeps trying to lock onto the downstream signal), that could be it.  Give Spectrum a call and see if they get a "living" indication from your cable modem.

Observer

They were able to get into my cable modem and showed that it was in bridge mode and all wireless was turned off. The lady did seem to understand that I was trying to see a port from canyouseeme.org when I was originally able to see it before. Any other ideas?
Established Sharer

[ Edited ]

Can you get to well-known sites with a web browser, like google.com?  If you can't, can you get there by providing one of the Google IP addresses (such as 172.217.6.110)?  If the first fails and the second works, you may have a DNS problem.