When "Upgrade Your Service" means "I cannot and do not want to help you"

I logged into my TWC account yesterday and noticed an option to "Upgrade My Service".  I clicked on it and on the next page there was a button that said "See Available Upgrade Packages".  I clicked on the button and was taken to another page where there was one Upgrade package available.  

The available upgrade package is TV Select and Spectrum Internet.  The details describe it as TV, 125+ Channels, Internet Up to 60 Mbps.  $59.98 per month for 12 months.  Free TV apps, Free Internet with unlimited usage, NO modem charge and NO data caps!  

I clicked on Select Offer, completed the order process and submitted.  I received a Confirmation email immediately and said my Self Install Kit would be mailed out within 3-5 business days.

Today, I received another email stating "Thank you for your order. We need additional information before we can complete your order." Please call  1-855-889-4113 and provide the order number, pin, etc to complete the order.  

I called the number and after 20 minutes was told it was the wrong department.  They told me to call 1-855-243-8892 instead.  After another 10 minutes I was told wrong department again and I was transferred to a different department.  Finally, I was told they could help me, but they didn't see my order.  They then proceeded to try and sell me a different package for twice the price.  I told them I just wanted the package I ordered, to no avail.  I then tried online chat, and low and behold, they found my order!   However, they told me that I would have to be migrated to Spectrum and that the new package would be $115 per month.  No, again, not working.  I said I wanted the package as advertised and that I already ordered it.  Apparently, the chat person was not able to help, so they told me to call 1-800-892-2253.  No thanks- I am sure it will be just another hour of wasted time like the 4 previous attempts.

Seriously, Spectrum- what is wrong with your organization?  I never liked TWC's customer support- it was usually a nightmare similar to AT&T.  However, at this pace Spectrum will be quickly out doing TWC in terms of absolutely horrible and disgraceful customer no-service.

My real hunch is Spectrum just does not want to honor their posted offer.  Perhaps it is incorrectly posted- well just say so then!  Fix the offer!  Stop pushing your customer around to various departments with no success causing hours of frustration!  Or how about this idea, maybe actually honor the offer???

4 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: When "Upgrade Your Service" means "I cannot and do not want to help you"

Exact same thing happened to me when my area switched to Spectrum. There was an offer on the My Account page that kept getting canceled. Turns out the package isn't available to existing customers and no matter how much the customer service rep would like to honor it, they can't. I eventually went to my local TWC store and they were able to get me a package that was close. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

kenlockewi wrote:

I logged into my TWC account yesterday and noticed an option to "Upgrade My Service".  I clicked on it and on the next page there was a button that said "See Available Upgrade Packages".  I clicked on the button and was taken to another page where there was one Upgrade package available.  

My real hunch is Spectrum just does not want to honor their posted offer.  Perhaps it is incorrectly posted- well just say so then!  Fix the offer!  Stop pushing your customer around to various departments with no success causing hours of frustration!  Or how about this idea, maybe actually honor the offer???

The problem boils down to the fact that their automated web-ordering system / pages of offers cannot differentiate between an existing customers and brand new customers.

I will never take an advertised price off their web-site at face value, becuase I know that their web site is driven to NEW customers, not existing customers.

TWC / Spectrum....  Fix your web sites...

Maybe one can file a claim with the BBB to get them to honor prices their faulty web site dishes out.  Maybe then they will correct the problem.

Spectrum Employee

@kenlockewi If you don't mind me asking, what is your regional market? If it happens to be Northeast areas such as New York state (not City, thats a separate market unto itself) and Maine, or the Carolinas regions, you may have seen a Spectrum package being offered before it was actually available. We had plans for the Spectrum packages to be available to customers this month, but had to push it back, but the package offers were going to be available about 2 weeks prior to release, to allow customers to order ahead, and have their new plan start on the day of release. Its very possible that you signed up for a package that won't be available until a later date (currently slated for mid-March, but subject to change again)

BUT, from what I can see, the current TV Select + Internet package is $118.98. So if there was a package being offered for almost half that, most likely it was a New Customer promotion. But even reviewing those offers, I'm showing TV Select and Internet for $79.98 + $5 for every cable box. That plan will include free DVR service for 1 TV though for the first year as well. So really not sure where a $59.98 package would have came into play. Even if you were in New Jersey or NYC with the EDLP internet available (which is not 60mbps), the double play for that is still $64.98

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions
nh_
Rookie

Have received two offers from Spectrum by mail that my account (existing) is qualified for better service at better rate.  That my upgrade would cost $89.97 per month.  Called the number to redeem offer.  Switched to three different departments, all acting as if they did not know of such an offer.  Read it to her over the phone at which time she offered the package at a significantly higher price.  After re-reading it to her,  she said it would be close to that price but would I would have to turn in current internet modem and get spectrum modem and until that time remains an open work order.  Told her the flyers do not state anything of the kind.  Didn't get anywhere.  This is nuts.  Have her name and confirmation number for my call.  She wasn't exactly rude but not friendly or helpful.  I could hear another customer service person arguing with a customer in the background.  Initially was happy to receive offer as I was starting to look for other service.  Guess that is what I will do.  This sure seems like a bait and switch to me.