Contributor

What Channels Did You Loose

I keep reading in various forums people lost channels when they converted to Spectrum. What channels were these? Local, Upper level, Sports, etc.

5 REPLIES
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: What Channels Did You Loose

[ Edited ]

Achilles77 wrote:

I keep reading in various forums people lost channels when they converted to Spectrum. What channels were these? Local, Upper level, Sports, etc.

For the best answer, users please compare TWC Variety Pass/Preferred TV plan to Spectrum Gold.  Each has some stations that the other does not.  I don't have a list, but there are something like 5-8 small channels that are on one tier, but not the other.

In other words, TWC has a few channels that Spectrum does not, and Spectrum has a few channels that TWC does not.

Satch

Sharer

When I switched I gained a few channels that I didn't have previously and didn't lose anything I ever watch.

Boz
Sharer

reds91185 wrote:

When I switched I gained a few channels that I didn't have previously and didn't lose anything I ever watch.

I think you were VERY lucky!  What TWC package(s) did you have?  What Spectrum package do you now have?

If I were to switch from my current TWC Starter TV/Standard TV/Variety Pass/EPIX to the similarly priced Spectrum Silver, I would lose several stations that my family watches, including MTV, Spike, and Nickelodeon.  I'm sure there are lots of other differences, but these are the ones that jumped out to me.

Sharer

Boz wrote:

reds91185 wrote:

I think you were VERY lucky!  What TWC package(s) did you have?  What Spectrum package do you now have?

If I were to switch from my current TWC Starter TV/Standard TV/Variety Pass/EPIX to the similarly priced Spectrum Silver, I would lose several stations that my family watches, including MTV, Spike, and Nickelodeon.  I'm sure there are lots of other differences, but these are the ones that jumped out to me.

I went from the TWC Preferred with Epix and Showtime to Spectrum Silver (no Epix but gained HBO which is a big plus for me).  Spectrum Silver in my area includes MTV, Spike, and Nickelodeon.

Sharer

I had some loose channels but I tightened the coax on the back of the cable box. Everything is fine now.