Highlighted
N/A

Warning for customers submitting service requests

Recently I submitted a transfer service request which initially I thought processed okay. I had access in my new home but after 7 days I received a phone call from 740-236-4638 no message was left. I get home to find my internet service was canceled on the same day I received this phone call. I called TWC/Spectrum about my service being canceled to be told that I made a call canceling service. This number has been calling other customers pretending to be TWC/Spectrum. Some how they are getting service logs of recent requests submitted. I just want everyone to be careful don't give out personal information. Again the number is 740-236-4638. My account is completely messed up and now i have to enter as a new customer.
6 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Warning for customers submitting service requests

Direct Call Number Lookup Location Area Code NXX Phones Country Major City Time Zone Phone Owner Name

+17402364638
740-236-4638 & 7402364638
Level 3 Communications
United States
Marietta
GMT-05:00
Trish
Expert

Level 3 is the primary transport/ backbone carrier that TWC/RR/ spectrum switched back to on Nov 7 2016 creating a lot of throttling issues.

N/A

Thank you. It just stinks that I lost my service now I have to go through the registration process all over again.
Expert

Smells of someone hacking Level 3 traffic, possibly of an overseas fraudster spoofing ANI/ALI caller ID numbers. I doubt it had anything to do with your service being cancelled

What are you trying to register? was this on a website?

How far did you move? Did you simply connect the old equipment at the new place?

Were you a TWC legacy subscriber at the old address?

If so, the move forced you to change to Spectrum, turn in/ exchange all the old equipment

N/A

I had been with TWC for a year and yes I will be turning in my equipment. I moved 10 miles from my previous address. It says in my service log that I called and canceled service but I placed no call.
Expert

You have to cancell service at the old address then get new service at the new place

Problem is that now requires you to switch providers.

Ok, a 10 mile move may have put you on the same head end but probably a different node, TWC's fraud division caught it and turned all the equipment off.

Or they got around to reading the cancel/ move request and acted on it. Did this get turned off after your monthly payment ran out?