Highlighted
Rookie

Unable to have remote shipped to us for 1.5 months and 5 phone calls to customer service

We have tried to order a new universal remote since March 11th and it has still not arrived. We have made 5 phone calls about this and every time we call in it is a new excuse for why it hasn't arrived. We first ordered the remote March 11th and the CSR said it would arrive in 3-5 business days. We did not recieve the remote after a week and called again to ask the status of it.. This new CSR said it takes 7-10 days for the remotes to ship so give it a few more days and it will arrive. We did not receive the remote a still so on March 29th we called again and this CSR said that there is no record of a remote being ordered. We stated well this is the 3rd time we called about it. This CSR told us she would order us a new remote and assured us it would arrive in 5-10 business days. We said "5-10?" You guys have told us 3 different ranges for when it should arrive. She assured us it was 5-10 business days. The remote did not arrive again within the time frame we were told. Therefore on April 13th (well past the time the 3rd CSR told us it would arrive) we called for the fourth time. This 4th CSR stated that she didn't see a record of a remote being shipped from 3/29. We said this is our 4th time calling. That there should be an order from 3/11 and again 3/29. She stated she saw the one from 3/11 after looking in a different location but didn't know why it didn't ship. She ordered a new remote for us and told us "I guarantee it will arrive by 4/17. We told her we have heard this song and dance 3 other times and still no remote and that it was becoming extremely frustating. She assured us it would arrive 4/17. Alas, que to to today 4/19 and still no remote. We called customer service for a 5th time and demanded to speak with a manager. This manager, Patrick, was not helpful and gave no answers for why a simple task of sending a new remote cannot be accomplished. We stated it is ridiculous that it has now taken over 1.5 months and 5 phone calls to get a new remote. Why is it that everytime we call the CSRs tell us, "we have no history of a remote being ordered. And that they are placing an order for one now" and then they  "assure us the remote was ordered now and that it will arrive"? The manager, Patrick, extremely rude, told me he couldn't speak to why the system isn't indicating a remote was ordered, nor could explain why CSRs were telling us different time frames  (2-3days, 3-5 days, 5-10 days) for when the remotes ship, and he could not tell me where the isssue is rooted in for why we are unable to get a remote. I asked if he could assure me this remote ordered, now for the 4th time, 4/19, would arrive in 2-3 days as he told me remotes ship within and he told me he could not assure me. I asked if you are a manager and cannot tell me the remote would ship who the heck would be the one to tell me? He told me FedEX is the one to determine when something ships and they need to wait to receive comfirmation from them. I said, well clearly there lies your issue. Your computer system keeps showing no record of us ordering a remote but we have now for a 4th time and everytime CSR tells us they have no record of a remote ordered (minus 1 lady saying she saw a remote ordered 3/11, but never shipping) and every time CSR assures us they are placing an order. I told him we no longer have faith that a remote will arrive as this is the 5th time we have heard the same story. We said we will most likely be switching providers as customers (especially ones of  10+ years) we shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get things vital to watching the services we are paying $215/month for. I told him that when this remote that was supposedly ordered again today 4/19 doesn't arrive in 2-3 days I will again call and this time ask for a district manager because he has done nothing to help assure, me-the customer, is helped to resolve an issue that they have caused for the last month and a half. We cannot keep waiting for this remote to arrive as the current one is so worn out half the buttons do not respond any longer. 

Very disappointed in the poor customer service this company provides for its customers. No wonder people are ditching cable and going with streaming services. 

4 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Unable to have remote shipped to us for 1.5 months and 5 phone calls to customer service

kmo1 wrote:

We have tried to order a new universal remote since March 11th and it has still not arrived. We have made 5 phone calls about this and every time we call in it is a new excuse for why it hasn't arrived. We first ordered the remote March 11th and the CSR said it would arrive in 3-5 business days. We did not recieve the remote after a week and called again to ask the status of it.. This new CSR said it takes 7-10 days for the remotes to ship so give it a few more days and it will arrive. We did not receive the remote a still so on March 29th we called again and this CSR said that there is no record of a remote being ordered. We stated well this is the 3rd time we called about it. This CSR told us she would order us a new remote and assured us it would arrive in 5-10 business days. We said "5-10?" You guys have told us 3 different ranges for when it should arrive. She assured us it was 5-10 business days. The remote did not arrive again within the time frame we were told. Therefore on April 13th (well past the time the 3rd CSR told us it would arrive) we called for the fourth time. This 4th CSR stated that she didn't see a record of a remote being shipped from 3/29. We said this is our 4th time calling. That there should be an order from 3/11 and again 3/29. She stated she saw the one from 3/11 after looking in a different location but didn't know why it didn't ship. She ordered a new remote for us and told us "I guarantee it will arrive by 4/17. We told her we have heard this song and dance 3 other times and still no remote and that it was becoming extremely frustating. She assured us it would arrive 4/17. Alas, que to to today 4/19 and still no remote. We called customer service for a 5th time and demanded to speak with a manager. This manager, Patrick, was not helpful and gave no answers for why a simple task of sending a new remote cannot be accomplished. We stated it is ridiculous that it has now taken over 1.5 months and 5 phone calls to get a new remote. Why is it that everytime we call the CSRs tell us, "we have no history of a remote being ordered. And that they are placing an order for one now" and then they  "assure us the remote was ordered now and that it will arrive"? The manager, Patrick, extremely rude, told me he couldn't speak to why the system isn't indicating a remote was ordered, nor could explain why CSRs were telling us different time frames  (2-3days, 3-5 days, 5-10 days) for when the remotes ship, and he could not tell me where the isssue is rooted in for why we are unable to get a remote. I asked if he could assure me this remote ordered, now for the 4th time, 4/19, would arrive in 2-3 days as he told me remotes ship within and he told me he could not assure me. I asked if you are a manager and cannot tell me the remote would ship who the heck would be the one to tell me? He told me FedEX is the one to determine when something ships and they need to wait to receive comfirmation from them. I said, well clearly there lies your issue. Your computer system keeps showing no record of us ordering a remote but we have now for a 4th time and everytime CSR tells us they have no record of a remote ordered (minus 1 lady saying she saw a remote ordered 3/11, but never shipping) and every time CSR assures us they are placing an order. I told him we no longer have faith that a remote will arrive as this is the 5th time we have heard the same story. We said we will most likely be switching providers as customers (especially ones of  10+ years) we shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get things vital to watching the services we are paying $215/month for. I told him that when this remote that was supposedly ordered again today 4/19 doesn't arrive in 2-3 days I will again call and this time ask for a district manager because he has done nothing to help assure, me-the customer, is helped to resolve an issue that they have caused for the last month and a half. We cannot keep waiting for this remote to arrive as the current one is so worn out half the buttons do not respond any longer. 

Very disappointed in the poor customer service this company provides for its customers. No wonder people are ditching cable and going with streaming services. 

Hey,

That's a terrible situation, just to get a new remote.  Contact the Direct Help forum or one of the mods with your account information.  Let them know your story, and they can escalate this, and get a remote to you once and for all.  Don't call Spectrum.  Use the PM method on our forum to communicate with the mod team until this is resolved.

Satch

Expert

Re: Unable to have remote shipped to us for 1.5 months and 5 phone calls to customer service

if there's a twc/specrum store nearby, get one there

Established Sharer

[ Edited ]

Honestly, if *I* were you, I'd forget getting one from Spectrum, and just buy a new one on Amazon.

Cost is just $14 (OR less).

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-5-Device-Control-1056B03-UEi/dp/B01AQ7IVE8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1...

I apologize for the issues and the bad experience. You are always more than welcome to take the current non working remote to any of our locations and swap it out for a new one free of charge. If you personally are not able to go then anyone would be able to go on your behalf to do the swap. 

Tyleen
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator