Rookie

UNAUTHROIRIZED PAYMENT SUBMITTED 4 TIMES by TWC! HUGE OVERDRAFT CHARGED BY BANK!

[ Edited ]

UNAUTHROIZED PAYMENT SUBMITTED WHILE ON PHONE WITH CUSTOMER REP. I WAS TOLD BY THE REP THAT SHE WOULD CANCEL IT RIGHT THERE AND THEN. 3 WEEKS LATER MY BANK ACCOUNT IS OVERDRAWN OVER 400 IN  OVERDRAFT FEES BECAUSE THE PAYMENT WAS NOT CANCELLED AND  TWC KEPT RE- SUBMITTING IT EVERYTIME THE BANK RETURNED IT 4 DIFFERENT TIMES AS WELL AS SUBMITTING A 25 DOLLAR RETURN FEE EACH TIME THAT ALSO  CAUSED MORE  OVERDRAFT AS WELL AS MAKING OTHER BILLS RETURN THAT I AM NOW DELIQUENT IN PAYING AS WELL!  I HAD TO CLOSE MY BANK ACCOUNT  AND GET A NEW ACCOUNT AND  TWC IS FORCING  TOTAL BALANCE  OF MY ACCOUNT  AT ONE TIME.  UNFAIR  WHEN ITS A NOT A ERROR ON MY PART! VERY UNHAPPY! TWC NEEDS TO  WORK WITH ME NOT AGAINST ME! NOW MY SERVICE IS GOING TO BE DISCONNECTED OVER $166.00 MY HUSBAND IS IN THE ARMY AND WAS DEPLOYED TO GERMANY 3 WEEKS AGO AND HAD TO  SIGN  PAPERS TO HAVE HIS MILTARY PAY TRANSFERED TO OUR NEW ACCOUNT. THE FUNDS WONT BE TEHRE UNTIL NEXT WEEK BUT THAT DOES NOT MATTER TO TWC THEY ARE STILL DISCONNECTING ME. THIS STOPS  MY ACCESS TO EMAIL FOR WORK AND  EMAIL AND COMMUNICATION WITH MY HUSBAND WHO IS  ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD PROTECTING  OUR COUNTRY!  WAY TO GO TWC SEPCTRUM  WHOMEVER! IM OUTRAGED!

19 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: UNAUTHROIRIZED PAYMENT SUBMITTED 4 TIMES by TWC! HUGE OVERDRAFT CHARGED BY BANK!

teebee93 wrote:

UNAUTHROIZED PAYMENT SUBMITTED WHILE ON PHONE WITH CUSTOMER REP.

Suggest you set up Auto-Pay to take payment from a Credit Card, and not your checking / savings account:

1.  You have the power of the Credit Card Company to fight a dispute.  Your liability is limited.

2.  You control when the bill gets paid.  If you have many "auto-pays" posting to a credit card, you only need to pay the Credit Card company one larger bill instead of multiple smaller bills that you pay with a checking / debit card, and you won't need to worry about over-draft fees, provided you have a line of credit that can accommodate the bills and you pay the balance in full each month.

3.  You can get cash back / rewards points for using the credit card.

4.  Should I be short for a given week/month, I can elect to pay less than the full amount of the bill (to the credit card company, that is), and my utilities are not impacted.

I have almost all my utility bills paid by credit card.  I am not a fan of autopay from a checking account for reasons you are experiencing right now.  I always want to control when money leaves my checking account.

Check the terms and conditions for Auto-Pay and see what they are for NSF conditions.  You may have agreed to let them try 24-hours after a NSF and the fees by simply clicking on the "I Agree" button.

Expert

Re: UNAUTHROIRIZED PAYMENT SUBMITTED 4 TIMES by TWC! HUGE OVERDRAFT CHARGED BY BANK!

I manually call in and pay from my checking account

Highlighted
Community Manager

@teebee93

I apologize for any poor experience.  If the issue remains unresolved, please contact us directly by private message at TWC_ForumsHelp for assistance.

James M.
Social Media Customer Care
Community Forums Moderator

Boz
Sharer

MsRaye wrote:

I manually call in and pay from my checking account

That's seriously dangerous!  As was alluded to above, if TWC makes an error and takes too much, you lose access to your own money until it is fixed!  If you instead use a credit card, if there's an error and TWC takes too much, you have a cushion between what TWC did and your actual money.  You should NEVER let ANY company, ESPECIALLY TWC/SPECTRUM, initiate a payment out of your checking or savings account!

Established Sharer

teebee93 wrote:

========

Laws vary among the States, but you SHOULD get a full refund WITH any overdraft fees.

And this  shows ALl the more reason to have any bank account with a Credit Union instead of a regular bank.

Boz
Sharer

DaKat wrote:

teebee93 wrote:

========

Laws vary among the States, but you SHOULD get a full refund WITH any overdraft fees.

And this  shows ALl the more reason to have any bank account with a Credit Union instead of a regular bank.

Please explain why a credit union vs a bank would make any difference here.  i don't think it would.

Sharer

It doesn't make a difference in the payment method, but many people find that a local credit union is more responsive to customer complaints than the local branch of a large bank.

Rookie

[ Edited ]

Rookie