Highlighted
Rookie

Tried to convert from TWC to SPECTRUM, Prices higher, Now leaving Both due to price increases!!!

I must first point out, I love the services of Triple Play! Great quality, etc.  My Year Price guarantee expired in December 2016, when I made a call to Customer Service (CS), they told me there were no promotional pricing due to Spectrum taking over. Ok, no problem, was told to call the end of Jan 2017, the new rates WILL save me money, and I will get more for the same pricing that I had. I was pumped to hear this! I called last week and was told by CS that there was nothing they could do, That if I merged to Spectrum, my pricing would climb $30-50 per month, so I should stay with the TWC pricing. Two days later in the mail I get an offer for AT&T UVerse, so I looked into it and got an offer for 2 yrs for more TV features, same Phone, and a bit less Internet speed for $50+ less per month. A side note is I'm on workmans compensation for an on the job injury, tearing my Rotator Cuff , Ligament, and Bicep Tendon. Surgery was Jan 24th. I called to lower my bills and expenses, I have no choice, on meds, and in pain, trying to shore up spending. Yesterday, I called TWC and tried to reach out and told them my circumstances, very politely, saying i wanted to stay, and I loved the services. The online CS agent worked with me politely for 20 mins and had the same results, but said I could signup with Spectrum with a new package and pricing, and was sent the link to the pricing online. I saw this and was super excited . The agent said I had to call a CS number for Spectrum to do this, so I did. After a polite 20 mins, was told no, I cant, but that I would be transfered to CS Retention dept.  and told they might be able to help. I did, after another 20 mins of trying again to remove services, boxes, HD, DVR, etc. was told I cannot get the new Spectrum pricing.  I thanked them for trying and was polite. Hung up, Signed up with AT&T regretfully, but grateful to save a lot over the next 2 yrs. Today, I sit here feeling angry that a loyal customer, who had no complaints with any part of TWC , has to go through this ridiculous, waste of time, and inconvenience, especially only 7 days out of surgery, yet alone anyone. TWC and Spectrum, you should be ashamed of this lack of Service and Retention. You make me feel like I don't matter and I'm just another number or blip on a screen somewhere far away. Why do or should I have to deal with leaving every year or two from you due to pricing??? Then go to a company I would rather not, to get a deal for only 2 years , to come back to Spectrum for 1 or 2 years, and over and over again!!!! This is a waste of your service time, loss of my money for 2 years min and maybe not ever come back cause I feel no customer care or concern to help me out. If I had been given anything close to AT&T's price, I would have stayed. I am confused and disappointed, waiting till Feb 9th for my AT&T install date, all due to a flawed system of pricing and retention. I will be contacting corporate, after the switch next week. I will miss your service, Regretfully, Jim 

15 REPLIES
Newcomer

Re: Tried to convert from TWC to SPECTRUM, Prices higher, Now leaving Both due to price increases!!!

i just canceled my service and kept the internet for $70.00  will be using antenna and vue, netflix and amazon for$ 60.00 less. they couldnt do  any thing for me.   TW will be losing lots of customers this year.

Rookie

Re: Tried to convert from TWC to SPECTRUM, Prices higher, Now leaving Both due to price increases!!!

Thanks for the help, I really hope to stay, Just sent the message again, but this time I put my contact and account information in. I hope to get help before next week, again thanks for reaching out. Everyone has been helpful and nice, just to this point, no help for my situation or pricing. Have a great weekend!

Established Sharer

I wish you luck, Jim, but Spectrum/TWC is not known for moving quickly, I'd be surprised if they respond to you at all, and doing so within a week is probably too much to ask.

Truly, the only person who is likely to look out for your best interest is yourself.  Spectrum/TWC is going to act in their interest, which is to squeeze as many coins out of you as they possibly can.  Until Spectrum/TWC customers leave by the tens of thousands, the Corporate Overlords at Spectrum/TWC will continue to insist "those malcontents are just bluffing".

I hope AT&T appreciates your business more than Spectrum/TWC.

Rookie

I had the same act thing happen to me. Our two discounts ended and Spectrum hiked up the rate 40 bucks.  I am also disabled and asked for them to lower my service because this price too high for me. I don't need fancy tv.  She gave me the same run around pretending to look for discounts and then come back and say Spectrum had none now. Try back next month. I told her next month if no discount or ability to lower service that I am leaving.  I guess Spectrum doesn't care if they lose customers.  They refuse to lower your service claiming lower service will cause rate to go up instead of down. What a crock!  This is no way to keep customers forcing them to keep levels of service they can't afford so they leave for cheaper things. Guess we will be moving on to ATT Uverse.....

Rookie

i pm'd the link you gave me, and no reply yet, how long should i wait?

Community Manager

@shakjdp

Did you message us at TWC_ForumsHelp?  If so, please send another message and include your account information as well. 

James M.
Social Media Customer Care
Community Forums Moderator

Rookie

Doing that right now. I pushed back my At&the install date till Feb 22nd, because of your messages, was supposed to be today, thanks for going the extra mile and trying.

Where did my post go ?
Seasoned Contributor

Jim I went through the exact same experience as you. All of the CS agents keep mimicking the  same spill. Things will be better in a month just call then. The next month you get the exact same spill of calling back. Undoubtedly they feel they can string you along until you get used to the high rates or sign on with ATT or Google. Every one of the TWC/Spectrun agents lead the customer into believing they can help but it always adds up to zilch. All of the agents also try to convince you an increase of $60-75 month for the same service is such a great deal. In fact the repetiton is so similar with all the agents you know theres no honesty or sincerity involved. Its a hustle. I've yet to see any merger that led to lower prices.