Valued Participant

Re: I want to upgrade my Internet plan, but anything under 50 mbits is not listed, why?

Actually, upon further review, the TWC speed test shows the 6 different pricing plans. In small print, it says Everyday and Basic internet is not available to be purchased online. Guess that explains why they don't advertise the 2 bottom tiers.

So when i pick up my Install Kit i'll ask about Basic, which should be fine for Netflix. I imagine it will still be about $29.99?

Valued Contributor

Sleazy hidden pricing

[ Edited ]

TWCPaulB wrote:   Good Morning - 

Unfortunately, we do not have access to pricing here.  

With respect to standard (non-discounted) rates and fees, that is ABSOLUTE NONSENSE.

TWC publishes a card (yearly, with my bill) with all of the rates listed.

There is NO reason why they can't be put on line and retrieved by zip code.

They publish the crazy quilt of TV channels by service area and tier, c'mon!

This is just a slimy, sleazy business practice that can easily be corrected.

Regarding the content provider bundles,

If the providers want to include a 'loss leader' or two, so be it. My junk channel may be your favorite.

Therefore it would be logical for TWC to offer bundles by provider.

We'll see how long those big, expensive sports bundles last.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moto DCX3200-M set top box, ODN 8.0.0
Valued Participant

Re: I want to upgrade my Internet plan, but anything under 50 mbits is not listed, why?

I went in the office to pick up my Install Kit and upgraded to Basic, it was painless and took about 10 minutes. The Basic is $29.99 and my Internet speeds jumped up to about 12-13, i was previously getting about 3.5.

Lead Moderator

@twc90250  I believe that what Paul meant was that we do not have access to 

current promotional offerings. You are correct, we do have access to the TWC Rate Card.

Our rate card can be viewed here: Rate Card for those that would like to view the 

standard non-promotional rates.

Apologies if there was any confusion due to Pauls comment.

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Newcomer

Re: TWC needs to work on RETENTION

I came to this forum today in hopes of getting answers on why my bill is now $172.00 for digital cable (no dvr, movie or sports packages) and internet. It keeps getting higher and higher. I wanted to call to see if my bill could be lowered, but feel like it will be a waste of time as I read other posts. When speaking to co-workers and family they seem to pay a lower price when they have a phone, and movie channels included. Which I don't have. And no, they are not under a promo rate. I don't get it.

Lead Moderator

In general I would say that if your family and friends have more service than you and are paying a lower

rate, they are most definitely receiving a promotion. We do encourage you to phone 1-800-892-4357 to 

discuss what options are available for you. 

You can check our rate card if you would like to know what the Standard Non-Promotional rates are 

for your area. TWC Rate Card

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Newcomer

Same as usual, wordy answers with no form of solution.  Yeah we know you keep fluctuating prices thanks for the reminder,  and I'm glad to know there is available customer service during regular business hours at a toll free number just like every other business in America, you know, its the least you can do.   I personally enjoy being logged out of your webpage as I am literally in the process of paying my bill because my session decided to expire from my "innactivity"... But what I really want to hear is, your explanation for why, the last 3 times I have moved (all within 5 years) and have recieved installation from you guys, I've been provided with outdated modems and have to always exchange it for a newer one on my own time, otherwise I am only capable of utilizing at most 30% of your fastest internet package.  And this is only the tip of your iceberg of problems.  Would hate to see your company go under for failing to meet your customer expectations.  

Community Manager

@adrianROCH

I apologize for any service issues you are experiencing.  We would be happy to take a look at the signal levels and work from there.  Please send a private message to us at TWC_ForumsHelp

We look forward to hearing from you.  

James M.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator 

Rookie

I see I got hit with another rate increase this month. I'm paying $194/mo. The web site doesn't allow for downgrades. I don't want the Turbo internet and I only watch about 10 channels. At this price point I'm leaving TW. Hello Google Fiber!

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

This is a horrible point. 

The better analogy is if you were shopping at a bakery for a few years then the baker now tells you your price is increasing if you keep coming back but a new customer walks into the store and gets the lower pricing.

If prices are truly going up then the new customer should not be able to get that low price that you once had.