Re: Spectrum is one of the worst cable/internet companies

Absolutely agree!  My service is terrible on any device.  The app doesn't work on the tablet.  I have to start, re-start several times.  The tv/dvr goes out on a regular basis.  The phone works and doesn't work.  Same with the internet.  When Spectrum is done "playing" it's a matter of rebooting everything.  This is horrible.  Not a fan of TW but they were never this bad.

Same response all the time from Customer Care. IT'S NOT US! IT'S YOUR SERVICE IS TERRIBLE! Why is it we're all experiencing the same problem no matter where we live!
Newcomer

[ Edited ]

And yes for them helping is a bunch of (edited) I was told my bill would be cheaper through spectrum which was a lie twc/spectrum what ever y'all call yourself worst cable service around but now if your a new cUSTOMER you get a better deal but customers that has been with them for ever (edited) I would and will not recommend anybody go through them unless they want to be rip off

Newcomer

AT&T Is Worse Belive Me, I would say Spectrum Is better than AT&T and Frontier by a long shot.

But Spectrum still needs work. 

Newcomer

I agree with this guy!

I've had really bad internet problems and now have to wait a week for some tech guy to come out here and try and trouble shoot it. Some people have home based businesses that rely on this internet so a week could mean bankruptcy...

So now I have to go into their office and replace this Modem yet again!

Worst internet company out there very dissatisfied customer...

I was lied to more then once I was to that my internet price would be 49.99 same as what it was for Twc looked at the bill and it was 10.00 more so called them up they told me sorry they would change it and found out just the other day that they did not and will not lower it to what I was told. And the internet seems to be bouncing all over the place I'm a gamer I can tell when something takes normal like 25min to download takes an hour hour and a half there is a problem but they don't care I was on the phone with them for 4 or 5 hours a waste of my time 3 days before we can get a tech out there now here is the funny thing I have a neighbor about 2 houses down that works for them lol. I am also going to bring this up to companies like TWC and att have been getting sued for not providing the service that people pay for so these companies need to get there crap together. No customer no money. And another thing is they think they got you if your the only option that's why they don't care and not in a rush to help anyone.

Newcomer

Spectrum’s, internet access, TV reception, service, pricing, and what they consider corporate best practices are as disingenuous as their relentless melancholy commercials where they are trying to brainwash us by attempting to elicit an emotional response like they are saving the world as if Spectrum found the cure cancer. 

This is not marketing - it is PROPAGANDA.

In fact, they are defrauding the public with internet service that lacks adequate responsiveness (big latency) as advertised or as Time Warner provided.  Speed tested on speedtest.net is not the only measure of performance.

They are defrauding the public with TV reception that is pixilated on many channels with sound drops out continuously on a regular basis on most channels.  (No it is not a problem with my system the whole neighborhood is complaining)  Calling customer service will create a repair ticket where they will drive the customer nuts with useless time wasting service calls to come to your home to try all kinds of things to show you they are doing something by changing the F-connectors and testing signal strength and noise to then tell you that is the way it works, it has to do with storms and the satellite.  Ok perhaps when there is a storm.  There are no storms 24/7.

They are defrauding the public with pricing.  I got my first bill from Spectrum, price for my services skyrocketed.  I agreed to their promises to lower the bill with near no change to my service and promised me I would have the same channels.  I told them not to change the package if I would lose certain channels like Science and American History Channel.

Yeah they lowered the bill a bit with me giving up certain things but slowly but surly the channels they promised slowly started to disappear.  Now I would have to buy a new package to get them back and make my bill much higher than the Time Warner bill with much few services.

With the new package they provided me they took away access to all of the internet public WiFi hotspots from Time Warner.  Their customer service people were not even aware you lose all the TWC hotspots when you accept the new Spectrum package.  It took great effort to figure out the hotspot spectrum provides but they are not as ubiquitous as the TWC hotspot and they do not provide encrypted hotspots for security.

If there was an easy way to switch from Spectrum I would but I cannot.  It would be worth it to simply stop their repugnant commercials they force on us on all the channels.    

The slogan they promote says it all: “Spectrum redefining what a cable company can be”

You would think that implies that would be in the benefit for the customer while the fact is totally contrary to what they imply.  It’s all a fraud, from the pricing, to the promises to the quality of the service, to their commercials.

The commercial they bombarded us with from day personify their philosophy of propaganda.

My internet connection has slowed to a crawl since Spectrum took over.  I called to complain and they want me to pay more to upgrade at a higher rate.  No thanks.

JLF
Newcomer

[ Edited ]

Throwing my hat into the ring as a TWC customer for a decade or more, with only needing to call customer service once over that timespan for a cable/internet issue and one call to get my bill adjusted.

I am experiencing all of the same problems as other folks have described. Terrible latency and speeds. On Demand is a joke - I love watching the first 30-45 minutes of a movie to have it stop and say 'Unable to access'.

A joke - I will be switching providers. No call to tech support or an office will fix this. Just Google 'spectrum internet sucks'.

And it is terrible form for a Spectre employee to be posting a PSA. 

[ Edited ]

If there are any issues with service, we are happy to offer assistance to resolve the problem.  Please contact us via the following private LINK including your account number or the phone number associated with the account and the name of the account holder. Going forward, please be advised that the Spectrum Community Forums are for peer to peer support only and are moderated by Spectrum support agents to ensure the information provided is accurate.  For direct access to technical support, we can be reached directly via any  of the following:

Phone: 1800-892-4357

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum/

-Melissa O.

Spectrum Community Forum Moderator