Newcomer

Re: Spectrum is one of the worst cable/internet companies

He has every right to complain and you should show some respect.

I have had this company out 3 times in 3 weeks to install my phone and internet at my business. Needless to say I still do not have it installed or for that matter have anyone who really cared to install it,  The first time Friday 2/3/17 they told me they needed a machine to pull the line and they would be out that Monday to do it. Then   Monday changed to the following Friday.  When they showed up the installer told me he really did know how to do it and his boss was going to come out 2/20/2017.  Now I receive an email to tell me someone would be out 3/6/2017. In that time they had my business phone turned off by Cinti Bell because Spectrum did not bother to tell them they did not install my service and I was out of phone service at my business for 4 days.  I did after 3 days of trying finally get a Spectrum service tech to get the phone turned back on at Cinti Bell.

Welcome to the world of Spectrum.

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

Is Spectrum a friggin'  cult or something??? It's disturbing the amount of commercials they run! They absolutely suck. Internet speed slow, monthly price higher and higher every month, customer service reps are outright liars. (edited) is going on with this company? How are they allowed to get away with this???

Newcomer

I have serious issues, but they began before the name change.  TWC has sent out three techs to find the problem.  They say everything is fine.  The ookla test is fine.   63 download, 21 upload, ping 48.  I bought all new (more powerful, top of the line) routers.  But everything is slow.  And when I try to work from home my systems crash.  Try to stream a movie, good luck!  Thinking of switching to another provider to see if anything changes.  I wish the fiber cable had not been blocked in our area!  

Established Sharer

But everything is slow.  And when I try to work from home my systems crash. 

Don't say "work from home" unless you have Business Class service, as Spectrum/TWC does not allow you to "work from home" with Residential service (they're very fussy about what kind of "bits" run through their "pipes" -- not that the pipes care).

The problem is quite simple, and was covered in detail in the New York State Attorney General's lawsuit -- Spectrum/TWC does not have enough shared bandwidth at their interconnect sites to the Internet to properly service their customers, and in many cases they also do not have enough shared bandwidth to properly service the local node segments.  The first reason is why the internal speed test results are good, but the speed drops whenever you access content outside of the Spectrum/TWC network (which is probably most of your usage).  The second reason is why so many customers find that they get poor speeds during "primetime", roughly 6PM to midnight local time, because everyone's home trying to use the speed tier they're paying for.

Seasoned Contributor

[ Edited ]

RickE, interesting content in that reply. I've had some really good  technical support discussions when they port to Buffalo from the Carolinas sometimes on Saturdays. Seem to be a lotta of friendly intelligent people there. To cold for me though.

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

I would agree. Since takeover, we constantly have programs interrupted with the words "please wait". Not sure what we are waiting for but getting very tired of this (edited) from Spectrum. Seriously considering satellite as an alternative.

Seasoned Contributor

[ Edited ]

taxadvisor wrote:
I would agree. Since takeover, we constantly have programs interrupted with the words "please wait".

Spectrum/TWC customers have been mentioning that message "please wait" to me lately. I begin to experience it starting four months ago. Bottom line is Charter has no business acquiring anybody because they are just a plaiin sorry outfit. They duped the government and everybody else when this was really just about making upper management millions of dollars with the merger.

Agreed! Completely with every complaint re: TV and internet.

[ Edited ]

Garbage! I hate it too. So our cable and internet went out. I called it in. They said the soonest they could get here was 3 days. I asked if they could do anything to come sooner and they go not unless u want it to be next wednesday instead of 3 days. I was (edited) about that comment. So 3 days later the guy comes out. He was actually very nice and pleasant but he said we needed a follow up appointment because of the wiring. Okay, so I called in and got that schedule. No one showed up and my husband sat here waiting ALL day. So I finally called it in as it was getting late. They said the scheduling got mixed up and they scheduled it the day before. Even if they did screw it up, no one called us or anything. So they made an appointment for today and said its an open appointment they cant give a specific time. My husband has been here waiting again. It was supposed to be from morning until 7pm sometime. Here it is 8pm. Nothing. I called and the person on the phone stated someone will be there no need to call us back. Excuse me?! No need to call you back. Its almost 8pm you didnt show up yesterday so there's a need to call. Im disgusted with this service.

Observer

This doesnt help for me & have spent 10 hours and no resolution has been done because of so many discounts have been madento my account? So is that my fault of the poor service I have been having?