Newcomer

Re: Spectrum is one of the worst cable/internet companies

With twc I had a 50mbps download speed now I'm testing at 1.5 can't even watch the spectrum app because it's so slow
Newcomer

Same, our bandwidth has been dropped to a fifth of what it was, the modem loses connection when playing games. This all started the day Spectrum took over. We are in contact with our attournys who wish to start a class action lawsuit. As soon as they are ready, I will post the contact information here.

Newcomer

CABLE: Ever since Spectrum took over Time Warner our cable has been HORRIBLE! We constantly have to reboot because we can't do simple tasks like see the guide or change channels. More than 50% of the time when I want to watch something on demand it says not available at this time, please try again later. If I am able to watch something but want to pause it to use the restroom or prepare dinner.... if paused too long IT GOES BACK TO THE BEGINNING and won't let me continue watching where I left off. This is the MOST FRUSTRATING glitch EVER especially if I was almost at the END!
INTERNET: Our wifi constantly boots us off and then we use our own data and go OVER which increases our bill!
PHONE: Reception is horrible! I even bought new phones thinking maybe that was the problem but still static. I cannot have more than two landlines plugged in our the phones don't work at all!!
Newcomer

I have experienced the same problem with Internet since switching to Spectrum.  I was first told that I was receiving 60 speed but for an additional $40 could upgrade.  I let them know I was quoted for the fast internet and would NOT be paying $40 more.  Then I was told that my modem could only handle 60?  Funny, the modem was handling 200 speed just two days ago???  But.....for another $195, I can have a new modem installed that will handle the fast speed?  Can they not get the information straight?  My bill has already increased $30 in less than two weeks and I haven't changed a single thing????  I am shopping elsewhere to change providers today.  Spectrum is NOT a reputable company.  They do not stand behind their quotes and they do not deliver the services promised.

Newcomer

I am dealing with the exact same problem!
Newcomer

I have been noticing a drop in internet speed when browsing simple websites and so on despite that I am paying for 50 mbps. This isn't something that I had much issue with TWC.

However, my huge issue is Spectre who is really Charter one of the worst cable providers only beaten by Comcast are in it to screw over long time customers like myself whose been with Adelphia who got bought out by TWC and now Charter aka Spectre. If it wasn't for what they reffered to as "grandfather promotions" I would be paying way more and the meager discount they gave me was a pathetic $6 and change and they act like they did me a service! All they did was insult my family and myself and I am pretty sure everybody else who has been with them for very long.

Further, the representative mentioned that Spectre was slowly doing away with all things that TWC promotions bit by bit and will do them away completely so if any of you get suckered in by giving in to Charter's deceit of their package deals whom I have read by former workers of theirs that many of these customer reps are encouraged to lie to your face (or to your ear) in order to maintain the same or even increase the price no matter what.

Last year I was told that they could not give me a promotional pack and it was only then that I asked to speak to the manager where this person was able to save me even more $$$ with an even better deal. How is it dealing with Charter/Spectre? Forget it! I was given an attitude when I asked to be given to another department and then as I listened to the higher ranked rep I called everything he said to me was garbage and a lie. He got offended. He had the nerve to tell me the deals I had was the best (I heard that line so many times dealing with TWC only to be given a better deal so I'm pretty sure the guy is lying too) and tried to increase my bill by offering Spectre deals to save $$$. Yeah.. I know where that is going. After the year is up BOOM! The price is jacked up and I will have to deal with going on the phone again to ask for a discount to play this petty game all over again.

So this is what Spectre/Charter meant with their tv ad. The same exact services TWC was giving and pushed out as if their doing something different with minor tweaks, customer rep attitude problem, and a higher price to boot and instead of trying to maintain long time customers to stay with them instead give them thoughts of leaving. I bet if these corporate thugs wasn't bribing politicians to keep a monoloply but instead encourage more companies to provide TV and Internet services we customers wouldn't have to be dealing with this.

Rookie

Right about the time our DVR/cable box was pushed newer software (the screen save logo changed from TWC to Spectrum so you can tell), the box now crashes about twice a week.  Also, if you don't turn it off (not a power cycle, just 'off' via the remote  control), it gets really slow after a day's worth of use (as a software engineer, I'll guess memory leak).

And many of the channels that we watch (Bravo, Comedy Central, etc.) still work "live" but I can't access them via OnDemand.  They show up with the little "key" symbol and a popup saying that don't have access to the channel and I need to call support.  (I'll do a chat soon).

Something has certainly changed in the software.

However, for all you Windows Firefox users, they recently pushed a new version at around the same time to enable "autostart" on tabs (essentially putting each tab in its own process).  Something is broken with that as it made my web experience very slow.  Once I disabled the new feature in about:config, it was like before.

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

I was outright lied to.  I wanted to change package to reduce price and rep stated i wouldnt have any changes to my then current bill.

I was told i wouldnt have any increase to cable box's, no installation fees, no Broadcast fee.

Today all of that was a lie.

Rep stated the orginal rep 'mis spoke' and they cant do anything.

I asked to be sent to cancellation dept.  Once there the rep was so rude and told me nothing about those increases could be changed.  I said i wanted to cancel and she said she wasnt going to submit and i got HOT and told her she wasnt going to tell me i can cancel.

I asked for her supervisor and she said she wasnt going to connect me to a supervisor.

Talk about being (edited)

She told me the only way for me to cancel was to disconnect my equipment and take it to the nearest service center and cancel from there.

I said "thank you very much", hung up....and called Cincinnati Bell.

Spectrum!.. your not the only game in town.

Newcomer

I too have had nothing but trouble with spectrum. was getting 300 meg. Now I'm getting 45-90. In 3 years I never called Time warner cable. Now every night something else stops working. Internet modem constantly rebooting. Techs out 4 times this month changed modems ran trouble steps every night 2 hours on the phone with these guys. Then Spectrum changes all packages to one size fits all. Installation for wifi was free. They had free Installation now you pay. Then after buying 6 camera's for my Intelligent home I'm told oh we no longer support The 24 hr recording. I am so angry and these guys are so up the cooperate ladder they are terrible no one can do a **bleep** thing except I apologize. I am sick and tired. Charter has always been about how much they can make on every customer by nickel and diming the customer to death. They make a big deal about redefining and would class service it's a big joke. Time Warner was great no Charter has gone back on their word about better service. We all should have known and fought this merge too, but we trusted Charter now they're all probably haveing a good laugh. I too will be gone soon too.

Newcomer

Same problem here.  I was told when I called to 'upgrade' from TWC to Spectrum that Internet speed would double.  That was two weeks ago and we have had nothing but problems since the day of the switch.  It barely works and constantly boots us off.