Newcomer

I second this experience, before Spectrum, TWC's service...

I second this experience, before Spectrum, TWC's service was not the best, but these issues were not existent, I am tired of constantly having to reboot my modem or wait for the service to return. Perhaps a change of service provider is in order, there seems to be other options popping up in the area.

Re: Spectrum is one of the worst cable/internet companies

[ Edited ]

TW is the biggest liar. they practice bait and switch. everyone please file complaints with (edited)  off consumer, BBB of Dallas, attorney general and channel 5 consumer department.. 

if you pay you can complain. you must work for TW

Newcomer

I usually do not post on forums, but I cant help it now ...

My TWC service got merged into Spectrum and I get bombarded with $29.99 offers here in Los Angeles. Upon calling you find out it is $29.99  per month per service  (Phone + internet + cable) - more than I used to pay with TWC. I used to have 300 MB internet service than downgraded to 100 MB and if I want to upgrade to 300 MB they try to charge $199 even so the modem and everything is still in place and it is all done remotely ... what a rip-off!

What happended to de-regulation of the utilities? - there is exactly one viable internet provider in my neighborhood - cable - no FIOS not acceptable DSL speed - this is 2017?

The US is turning into a 3rd world country ...

Newcomer

For what it's worth I have noticed this exact same phenomenon with my Internet since the spectrum change. I have rebooted I have called customer support and the only fix is to do like you and have to shut everything off and restarted multiple times per hour . 

Newcomer

I cant agree more, it is literal garbage. We just bought a 600 dollar setup (wifi, modem) and i still cant even use my BRAND NEW COMPUTER. Don't ever get time warner it constantly drops the connection, and if it does ever connect its horribly inconsistent.
Spectrum Employee

PSA:
Nothing has automatically changed by the switchover to Spectrum - right now the only change has been in name. Your cable equipment is still pulling the same signals from the same infrastructure from the same headends... If you are having technical issues, you need to speak with technical support.

If you have changed to a Spectrum promotion since the change, the only change is the pricing because (once again) all of the cables and connections and signals being sent down are the same.

Spectrum Employee

Explain to the sales agent that you had the Maxx services before, and they can waive the $199 install fee. The fee exists because many accounts now being offered these speeds are using outdated connections that are not capable of supporting them - the fact that you had that speed before proves that it's not a necessary installation and can be completed in-office.

(Also cable/internet is not a utility, it's an entertainment service).

Spectrum Employee

$170 for basic cable? Even at the highest priced promotion on their website, you'd only be paying around $104 - and that includes over 200 channels as well as HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, Epix, and TMC...

I'd recommend calling sales and getting moved to a new package if you're getting basic cable (fewer than 100 channels) and paying $170 for just that...

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

I agree Spectrum is a total fraud they charge 178.42 a month and between making a payment every month for my service they go  disconnect the sevice because I am one day past 19th and then I was told because you make payment you have to make every payment within 9 days or it is disconnected. we have been with TWC for almost 8 years and this is how they treat loyal customers and top it off the service sucks I get black screens from moving from dvr recordings to live tv the internet constantly goes in and out in my suburb, but yet they nickle and dime you for every thing. I think it is most definitely time for a change or they need to bring more cable companies to compete for customers business.