Newcomer

Spectrum is one of the worst cable/internet companies

Time Warner wasnt my favorite cable/internet provider, however since they have changed to Spectrum they have easily won the award for worst provider.  My TV drops out up to 15 times per hour, frequently it just freezes and I literally have to turn everything off and reboot to get it back.  This happens 1-2 times per hour.  My internet now suddenly slows to a crawl or drops my connection - this happens 5-10 times per hour.  This only began after they announced the change to Spectrum.  You misnamed the company  - it should be Spectre.  Too bad you aren't because then James Bond could take you out.  Except for the fact that the whole thing would freeze just as he was about to .....

96 REPLIES

Re: Spectrum is one of the worst cable/internet companies

I apologize for any service issues. Please message us @TWC_ForumsHelp with your account number or phone number so we can assist you further. 

Tyleen
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Expert

You have bad connections or too many splitters and need to get  a tech out rather than complain.  The cable co's can't read your mind. call 800 892 2253

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

He has every right to complain. He stated clearly what his issues were. The cable companies "can't read your mind"? Have you ever tried the tech support overseas???? They have more than a little trouble understanding what you are trying to get across. I used "chat" to talk with 3 different agents and they all said the same thing. So you want to upgrade your service right? Not even close to what I was asking!!!!

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

I know right!  I've called them over 10 times already, I've lost count. I moved to a new apartment and they said that the service was ready to go and when I plugged in my modem it was not online. I called and they said they'd get a tech over. This was Tuesday 11/1/16. On Wednesday the 2nd, still no tech. I called back and they said they didn't send one and that they would this time. Thursday I get a call saying a tech activated the services from outside. I checked my modem, still no service. I tried trouble shooting, no go. I called agin. They apologized and said to give it 24hrs so I did. Friday still no service so I called back, someone scheduled a tech to come over on Monday. Monday 11/7/16 a tech shows up. They look around and say they can find the coax wall outlet. I show them the little box sticking out of the wall and he says no and that he will be back with his supervisor in an hour. 3 hours later I call back asking what happened. The Customer service rep has me on hold for 30 min. He finally tells me that they need the supervisor to take a look and that they would call me in 2 to 3 business days and that most likely they would have to have someone come and rewire some stuff. It is Thursday 11/10/16 today is the 3rd business day, I've had zero calls from TWC/Spectrum.

I just switched over from AT&T too lol, do you think they'll take me back? Ha!

Newcomer

I wondered why my internet was running so slow past few days. Now I know when I visited the timewarner website. So, I now have Specturm and the bandwidth is 20mbps  less than half the speed I got for the price with  TWC. Yep, looks like I will be looking for internet service eleswhere. Thanks but no thanks. 

Highlighted
Rookie

I completely understand.  Ever since they announced the changeover, we suddenly began having issues, in particular, with one laptop, constantly dropping the connection. 
We called, they said no outages in our area.  We also had just gotten a new router/modem not less than 6 months ago.
Not only did our monthly bill go up but the service seems to be continually getting worse, instead of better.
Now, I've called them several times.   Refresh/send signals to the router/modem.  Reset the digital adapter.
Run only 1 device and see how the signal goes.
Call them again, laptop dropped out while on phone.  They said you have a ghost.
Tablet drops wi-fi signal.  Other laptop ( less than 6 months old - drops signal).  Turn off all devices using wi-fi and only use 1 laptop.  Drops signal.  1 smart tv only device on and in use - lagging/buffering/sloooooooow.
Ethernet cable one laptop while hubby uses other laptop - drops signal.
Groan, sigh........don't know what else to do.  Have made several calls over the past few months, they say signal looks fine.
Consider having a tech coming out.
Make sure all computers/tablet/smart tvs have updates in - check.
Check cables/connections coming from the wall - check.
Maybe considering getting one of those wi-fi extenders and, if that doesn't work, right after the holidays will call and have tech scheduled.
Funny but befor the switchover was announced - we had no issues.  I could be using the tablet in the living room, hubby on the laptop and both tvs on and 1 of them in streaming mode and not much of an issue.  Tablet might have lagged a bit here and there on facebook games but not a big deal.
Now, goodness, I don't even pull the tablet out and we barely ever get on both laptops at the same time.
And they raised the bill almost $30 for what I am calling a more inferior service Smiley Sad  

N/A

THE WORST.  They offer no package deals. You have to pay $92 for 10 channels or $170 for basic cable. I feel like I have been totally bullied. The internet is slow and useless.

Lead Moderator

@CuddleBear  We would be happy to look into this for you. If you are having problems

with your Video service & your Internet service getting an extender for your wireless 

will more than likely not help. 

We would be able to check more than just the signal levels. i judge from what you 

have expressed is happening that there is an issue with the connection at your home.

Nothing has changed in regards to the physical network due to the merger,

the billing systems have remained the same. 

We can be reached directly at TWC_ForumsHelp

I encourage you to contact when you are available for some troubleshooting.

We can schedule you a technician if/when it is determined that this is needed.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

i had no problem with TWC but ever since Spectrum took over my internet has been unstable throughout days and nights... Speed drop from 200mbps (what i paid for) to <30 mbps constantly which is utterly unacceptable. This merger is the worst for costumers. Hate to say this how i really miss TWC .