Highlighted

Spectrum Service

I have been a Time Warner customer for over five years. Since spectrum took over - my monthly bill has now gone up $22 with no additional services being provided. I spoke with several customer service representative's about this. I was told my rates have gone up and there's nothing they can do. I am very dissatisfied with spectrum and would not recommend utilizing the services they provide. Spectrum promotes itself as a new company that provides first class cable and Internet services. This may be the case but a $22 monthly increase in charges is unacceptable. I would be happy to speak with someone at spectrum about this - however they have not reached out to me. Obviously they do not value a five-year customer when issues are brought to their attention. I will be looking for new service providers at this time and would caution potential spectrum customers of their policies
3 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Spectrum Service

Spec1234 wrote:
I have been a Time Warner customer for over five years. Since spectrum took over - my monthly bill has now gone up $22 with no additional services being provided. I spoke with several customer service representative's about this. I was told my rates have gone up and there's nothing they can do. I am very dissatisfied with spectrum and would not recommend utilizing the services they provide. Spectrum promotes itself as a new company that provides first class cable and Internet services. This may be the case but a $22 monthly increase in charges is unacceptable. I would be happy to speak with someone at spectrum about this - however they have not reached out to me. Obviously they do not value a five-year customer when issues are brought to their attention. I will be looking for new service providers at this time and would caution potential spectrum customers of their policies

What is the reason for the increase?

Did the cost of programming go up?

Did the cost to rent equipment (Set Top Box) go up?

Were you on a promotion that expired?

Increases are typically discosed on your bill the month before they take effect.  Was an increase disclosed?

The FCC Report on the cost of payTV programming shows that the average increase for "expanded basic" service has gone up almost 6% per year between 1995 and 2015.  I don't think the increases can be attributed to the cable company alone - the content providers have their hands in the cookie jar, too.

Newcomer

I am a new TWC customer and first day's experience horrible. Chat support irresponsible, they give you ticket ref no which they don't record. Phone support (Rick M) even worst, the person started raising his voice and said he cannot do anything except cancel service.

He said you are lucky to have a technician visit you in 2 days, sometimes it takes weeks or months ... really is TWC, or Spectrum a monopoly now for customers to suffer,

Yeah they are providing better rates but whats the use if no service!

Do not sign up for TWC ...

Established Sharer

raj1 wrote:

I am a new TWC customer and first day's experience horrible. Chat support irresponsible, they give you ticket ref no which they don't record. Phone support (Rick M) even worst, the person started raising his voice and said he cannot do anything except cancel service.

He said you are lucky to have a technician visit you in 2 days, sometimes it takes weeks or months ... really is TWC, or Spectrum a monopoly now for customers to suffer,

Yeah they are providing better rates but whats the use if no service!

Do not sign up for TWC ...

I once had to wait longer for TWC to come and check a snowy picture (5 days) then I did for them to install internet (2 days)...   Go figure.  Ironically, the internet install tech ended up fixing the snowy picture because the drop from the pole was (edited)