Highlighted
Newcomer

Spectrum Billing Scam

Spectrum scammed me on my bill and apparently there is nothing I can do about it.  A year ago, TWC gave me a package for my services with a negotiated price I would told would not go up. This was after spending 30 minutes on the phone with the representative. As soon as Spectrum took over my bill was increased by $10.00 a month with no warning or explanation.  When I called Spectrum to get my promised price back, the representative said there was nothing she could do. And if I wanted to try and get a "Spectrum package" with my same service, I would be charged even more.  So Spectrum increased my price by $10.00 with the hope that I would just take one of their even more expensive packages.  This is a scam - not to mention dishonest and unethical.  The customer gets boxed in with no way out except to pay more money.  In the future I will have an option.  As soon as we get Google Fiber in my area (and it is coming), I can use that for my internet and dump Spectrum!

10 REPLIES
Spectrum Employee

Re: Spectrum Billing Scam

Sorry to hear about the frustrations, @biancab.  We ask that you please private message the account information to us at this link so we may further assist.

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

Regards,
Jeremiah S.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Check out the community guidelines here
Newcomer

Same thing with me. 

Helper

The new scheme is to raise prices on TW packages to force people into Spectrum(red higher priced) packages with few options.
Newcomer

Yep, Just noticed my bill went up $18 per month now that Spectrum has taken over. I will be cancelling my serive soon.

Newcomer

I just switched to Spectrum from TWC on Feb. 2, 2017.  I was quoted a price to keep all the SAME services with the exception of losing one movie channel but adding another.  I have now talked to Spectrum several times and I am given a different price every single time.  It doesn't make sense - shouldn't the billing be the same regardless of who looks at it????  I had ultimate 200 internet with TWC.  I now only have 60 internet and Spectrum tells me this is fast??? Seriously?  Soooooo slow.  BUT....they will upgrade my speed but it will cost me $195 for the new modem because the old modem won't go 200?  It was going 200 last week so why won't it now?  You are right - Spectrum is a SCAM!  I was quoted one price and they have already increased my bill by $30.  I was told the person who quoted me made a mistake.  Sorry, you need to stand by what you quote.  Your employees make a mistake but I shouldn't have to pay for it.  It's a SCAM!  I am in the process of changing my service to a different provider.  I am so DONE with Spectrum.  I thought TWC was bad - Spectrum is at the bottom!  NOT a reputable company and they do not stand by their quotes. 

Newcomer

Same billing issue with me.  Agreed and confirmed  a monthly bundle price on January 25, 2017 for TV, internet and added Spectrum's phone service in the bundle.  Spectrum sent the equipment, I installed and called the number to activate the equipment. Representative was unable to activate system due to Spectrum holding up the order. 4 hours and multiple representatives later Spectrum RUDE representative "Michael" said we no longer offer that bundle at the price you were quoted. Cost will remain as high as previous billing. Nothing can be done about the billing. No one can help you.   TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE !

Helper

It looks like these folks need to be Comcasted, read recorded, make sure you are in a one party recording state before proceeding though.

Established Sharer

It looks like these folks need to be Comcasted, read recorded

That's not needed, all calls to the Spectrum/TWC call centers are recorded.  It doesn't matter, because Spectrum/TWC does not feel in any way responsible for the actions (or non-actions) of their employees.  And history shows that they can get away with it, too, they've been doing it for years with minimal impact.  They can give the local muncipalities and regulatory agencies a rude gesture, too, and not pay a signficant penalty.

Rookie

We had the same thing happen. First bill went up $10 and then it went up 40 bucks. Went from 105 to 165.   After passing us around from person to person no discounts available.  We just ordered direct tv and ATT.  Getting a gift card and paying $89 bucks for phone internet and tv.   For 2 years. Getting installed next week.   Next week we take back the Spectrum stuff back and pay up and go.   Guess Spectrum doesn't care about retaining the TW customers...their whole gimmick is if you change to their programming you pay more and if you lower your services you pay more. Guess they think we are idiots...only way out is to quit!