Highlighted
Participant

Seriously Bad Customer Service

We sold our house and have moved to an apartment (still in an area that has Spectrum service) until we can find something we want to buy.  The apt has free internet service so when i called to cancel my service i told them i would like only TV service at the new address (i had phone, internet and TV package at the old address).   They said fine, we can give you TV service but you will need to get a box.  I said i wanted to use Roku and  tablets and they said you could still do that (and the person knew i was not getting TWC internet).  So i cancelled the service and set up the new service (of course i had to pay upfront with a credit card for a full month).  The day before my service was to be cancelled at the old address i dropped off my telephone modem and cable box ( i had my own modem and router).  I told the service rep at the Newport North Carolina office (his name was Brian and his operator id was Care203980) i was dropping the equipment a day early so i wouldn't have to drive on the day i was moving since it was 30 miles out of my way and please do not disconnect my service since i still need to use the internet for the day (and i was paying for it).  Well i get home and guess what, it was disconnected.  Thank you Brian, you're a real peach.  So it took 40 mins on the phone explaining and cajoling while the movers were knocking on the door and i finally got internet service  back for the day.  Now, i'm in my new location the next day and i go pick up my box for TV service at the apt.   I get to the apartment and the box doesn't work.  It turns out the service wasn't connected yet at my apartment, and while on the phone was told that since i did not have TWC internet service that i could only watch TV through the box.  At that point i said i had had enough and to cancel my service, i did not want to pay $76 month to be tied to watching one show at a time (believe it or not sometimes my wife likes to watch a different show than me).  I was transferred to some other agent who processed my cancellation and said that i would receive a credit to my card.  That was another lie as i found out later they don't issue credits, that i would get a check in the mail 4 to 6 weeks later (this i found out when i returned my new box on the 17th of April).  So today, on the 24th, i receive two bills from TWC.  They were dated the 17th and 18th of April.  The one on the 17th was for my new account stating that i owed them $46 dollars and that i had been turned over to a collection agency for non payment.  The $46 was calculated by taking the $76 credit for stopping service that had not been refunded and then charging me $122 for unreturned equipment.  Obviously the bill was a cross in the mail but their threat tactics are totally out of line and disrespectful and could scare people that are not well informed.  The second bill was even worse, it was for the old account charging me for another month of service when it had been cancelled and the equipment returned prior to the bill being generated.  I called customer service, got a hold of billing and they confirmed that both accounts are cancelled and they owe me money that i should receive in a month or so.  I asked if i could get an email or something confirming this, the customer rep just said that was not possible.   NOT POSSIBLE, SERIOUSLY!  I can tell TWC or Spectrum what is not possible, getting service from this company again.  There is too much misinformation, bad communication, and then terrible customer service even if their pricing was competitive.  There are far too many options out there that i am finding out since i have cut the cord.  Life is too short to deal with a company that just doesn't care about their customers.   Apologize for the long post, but i needed to vent. 

2 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Seriously Bad Customer Service

youngcat25 wrote:

We sold our house and have moved to an apartment (still in an area that has Spectrum service) until we can find something we want to buy.  The apt has free internet service so when i called to cancel my service i told them i would like only TV service at the new address (i had phone, internet and TV package at the old address).   They said fine, we can give you TV service but you will need to get a box.  I said i wanted to use Roku and  tablets and they said you could still do that (and the person knew i was not getting TWC internet).  So i cancelled the service and set up the new service (of course i had to pay upfront with a credit card for a full month).  The day before my service was to be cancelled at the old address i dropped off my telephone modem and cable box ( i had my own modem and router).  I told the service rep at the Newport North Carolina office (his name was Brian and his operator id was Care203980) i was dropping the equipment a day early so i wouldn't have to drive on the day i was moving since it was 30 miles out of my way and please do not disconnect my service since i still need to use the internet for the day (and i was paying for it).  Well i get home and guess what, it was disconnected.  Thank you Brian, you're a real peach.  So it took 40 mins on the phone explaining and cajoling while the movers were knocking on the door and i finally got internet service  back for the day.  Now, i'm in my new location the next day and i go pick up my box for TV service at the apt.   I get to the apartment and the box doesn't work.  It turns out the service wasn't connected yet at my apartment, and while on the phone was told that since i did not have TWC internet service that i could only watch TV through the box.  At that point i said i had had enough and to cancel my service, i did not want to pay $76 month to be tied to watching one show at a time (believe it or not sometimes my wife likes to watch a different show than me).  I was transferred to some other agent who processed my cancellation and said that i would receive a credit to my card.  That was another lie as i found out later they don't issue credits, that i would get a check in the mail 4 to 6 weeks later (this i found out when i returned my new box on the 17th of April).  So today, on the 24th, i receive two bills from TWC.  They were dated the 17th and 18th of April.  The one on the 17th was for my new account stating that i owed them $46 dollars and that i had been turned over to a collection agency for non payment.  The $46 was calculated by taking the $76 credit for stopping service that had not been refunded and then charging me $122 for unreturned equipment.  Obviously the bill was a cross in the mail but their threat tactics are totally out of line and disrespectful and could scare people that are not well informed.  The second bill was even worse, it was for the old account charging me for another month of service when it had been cancelled and the equipment returned prior to the bill being generated.  I called customer service, got a hold of billing and they confirmed that both accounts are cancelled and they owe me money that i should receive in a month or so.  I asked if i could get an email or something confirming this, the customer rep just said that was not possible.   NOT POSSIBLE, SERIOUSLY!  I can tell TWC or Spectrum what is not possible, getting service from this company again.  There is too much misinformation, bad communication, and then terrible customer service even if their pricing was competitive.  There are far too many options out there that i am finding out since i have cut the cord.  Life is too short to deal with a company that just doesn't care about their customers.   Apologize for the long post, but i needed to vent. 

Bad training on their part.  The Spectrum / TWC Apps only work when you are connected to an authorized Cable Modem tied to your account.  You would need to pay for some level of internet service and video to watch on Roku, iOS, etc.

I guess my big question is what kind of "free" internet are you getting with your apartment?  Only reason I ask is I'd think it would be overwhelmed with users considering other tenants in the building...

Participant

Re: Seriously Bad Customer Service

I thought that was the case and questioned the rep was he sure that i could still use the app without their internet and he ensured me it would work (and they could make it work if they wanted to).  I'm sure the "free" internet is built into my rent, but it is done through a company called epproach.  I have my own ssid and password and so far it has been good enough to stream TV, 2 tablets, 2 phones, DLNA, and my laptop with no droppage and I have a great picture and no lags/stopping, etc. I don't have the bandwidth i used to, but i'm not paying what i used to either.