Newcomer

Rates going up in upstate NY

Hello, so Spectrum buys out TWC then rates go up in the upstate NY area? I will be sure to put this on blast with my friends in casual conversations as well as all of my social media sites including twitter. New company comes in the area and raises
rates nice.
12 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: Rates going up in upstate NY

Sophie13e wrote:
Hello, so Spectrum buys out TWC then rates go up in the upstate NY area? I will be sure to put this on blast with my friends in casual conversations as well as all of my social media sites including twitter. New company comes in the area and raises
rates nice.

Is this a question or is this a fact?  And if it is a fact, please state your sources.  My rates have NOT changed since the buyout / merger, except for the DTA rental fee and the BroadcastTV surcharge.

Rates go up all the time.  The latest FCC Report on the cost f cable shows that most tiers go up between 1.5 and 3 percent annually.  (The broadcastTV fees have gone up 43%).

Highlighted
Valued Participant

if your rates went up it has more to do with you r twc promo expiring than any buyout.so quick to blame.unless you initate a change to spectrum servive no pricing would change

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

my rate went up 50% in the past 12 mo while my speed was forced on me to double.

i live alone - wth do i need 110mbps for - i used to run a company on a 1.5mbps t1 line.

anyway,  there are a few factors pushing nystate rates up thanks to the nys-ag.

when charter bought twcable they agreed not to cap or charge over $60 for 100mbps

that does not include the wifi charge they created as an excuse to bill even more, and late payment fees they now charge - used to be you could be months late with no penelty.

additionally, charter committed itself to the nys-ag to build out 2mil homes with

100mbps service in rural areas that twc neglected to extend out to serve.

there are also various nys-ag milestones like: end of 2018 and by year 2023.

so anyone paying under $60 is getting a discount thanks to area isp competition.

Newcomer

I am about to cancel because my rates went up I can do better with a satelite co like verizon

Rookie

[ Edited ]

This is a FACT. Talked to them tonight, as soon as your current pricing package expires expect them to JACK up your monthly service fee. They have already increase my montly fee by $15, would have been more,  but I canceled showtime. Spectrum is worse than TWC ever thought of being. They will not work with long time customers at all, there only interest is new subscribers (90/mo), then after 1 year they will (edited)  I was going to cancel the phone, but was told my monthly fee would increase $20 if I did that because I was breaking the bundle. Be prepared to dump the whole service if you want to save any money. I am exploring other options, just wish Empire Access would provide service to the entire county (Chemung).  They are nothing but a MONOPOLY !!!! Start looking now before you get that bill with the MASSIVE increase.

Valued Contributor

I'm in northeastern Ohio (zip code 44077). My rates are increasing as well, even though I do not use my cable connection for anything; however, the cable is still connected to my VCR. The cable is on my account for one and only one reason: so I can get local TV on  my Roku application (the app will not get local channels without at least Starter TV service on the account). If it were not for that, I would have canceled my cable service long ago, leaving just phone and Internet.

Valued Participant

if they are a monopoly how do you have different options?

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

Horrible Cutomer service since they switched to spectrum. Canceling my services, so over this disrespect. I have been a Cutomer since 2007. <email removed>

I'm very sorry for any poor experience. If you are looking to change your current package/pricing, you would need to call in to 1-800-892-4357.

Tim K
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums