Helper

Re: Old time warner customer new Spectrum customer

RickE wrote:

Essentially, every customer new or old is receiving a discount from our Retail Rates.

Absolutely, positively NOT TRUE.  I have been paying the Retail Rate for my Standard Internet ($59.99 per month) since July 2014, and I'm sure that I'm not alone.

But thanks for giving me the opportunity to catch a TWC employee in the act of telling a blatant lie, it gives me a small fuzzy warm feeling.

The new Spectrum model is no promos for existing customers. end of story, add new fees, charge legacy TW customers an arm and  leg to do anything with new Spectrum services, like drop their Speed  and charge them two hundred dollars to get the same speed back, charge a secure connection fee(that one is brilliant) They lied to the FCC telling them they were going to stop charging modem lease fees, Legacy TW customers have been paying for eight months with no end in sight, their only real costs are personnel, programming, and plant, the phone costs them basically nothing to provide., they provide internet service but that is paid for on a peer to peer basic, they only fee that does not bother me is the Broadcast fee because broadcast stations are hitting them hard.

Helper

RickE wrote:

Essentially, every customer new or old is receiving a discount from our Retail Rates.

Absolutely, positively NOT TRUE.  I have been paying the Retail Rate for my Standard Internet ($59.99 per month) since July 2014, and I'm sure that I'm not alone.

But thanks for giving me the opportunity to catch a TWC employee in the act of telling a blatant lie, it gives me a small fuzzy warm feeling.

The new Spectrum model is no promos for existing customers. end of story, add new fees, charge legacy TW customers an arm and  leg to do anything with new Spectrum services, like drop their Speed  and charge them two hundred dollars to get the same speed back, charge a secure connection fee(that one is brilliant) They lied to the FCC telling them they were going to stop charging modem lease fees, Legacy TW customers have been paying for eight months with no end in sight, their only real costs are personnel, programming, and plant, the phone costs them basically nothing to provide., they provide internet service but that is paid for on a peer to peer basic, they only fee that does not bother me is the Broadcast fee because broadcast stations are hitting them hard.

Rookie

I'm also an old Time Warner customer that just switched to Spectrum. I felt I was paying too much and was willing to go down the "Select" package to lower my bill. I was willing to cancel my service for 30 days so I could receive the new customer pricing, however customer service was willing to work with me. Although I did not get the same price as new customers I felt like it was a fair deal.

Today when I set up my new box and turned on the tv I noticed I was not receiving 2 channels, that according to Time Warner's channel line-up on their own website was checked that I would receive. These 2 channels are Animal Planet and FXX.

I called customer service very upset because I was misled by their own channel line-up. Once the customer service rep. Wynette was able to get me to stop ranting for a few seconds she made things right by upgrading me to "Silver" package for free.

Now, it was not my intention to put Time Warner/Spectrum on blast on a forum. However, I am unable to find any customer service email address that I can forward this information to. I have screen shots of the channel line-up that shows I am not crazy. I suggest you update your web page so customers are getting accurate information when trying to choose their provider. I also want to say the customer service is good. They have answered all calls promptly, have been helpful and willing to work with you. My trip to the store this morning was pleasant as well, effecient and professional.
Lead Moderator

@SethM  I would be happy to submit this!

If you will contact us directly at TWC_ForumsHelp we can get that done!

Thank you.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Highlighted
Newcomer

It would appear there will be NO DIFFERENCE for how Spectrum treats customers whether old (TW customers) or new Spectrum.  If you're an OLD TW customer you will continue to be a cash cow to SPECTRUM.  So much so they will have no shame in raising your rates for exactly the same service, as they have mine. Get ready to PAY MOREor switch to something else. The sad part of all this is the local internet service market is duopoloy between TW/Spectrum (or whatever they are calling themselves) and Cincinnati Bell.  I am not sure CB is much better unless your on their FIBER network. That at least would increase the speed.. Spectrum is cooper cable and it is SLOW most of the time.

CABLE / Satelite TV is pretty much the most expensive past-time per hour of use.  They don't price the service based on actual use unfortunately.  I don't see  Spectrum as any better than the old TimeWarner at this point. Especially since they have already raised my cost.

This is a great opportunity for a DISRUPTIVE service to enter this market. Only hope that comes along soon.

Seasoned Contributor

[ Edited ]

>First off, if your area is still operated as Legacy Time Warner Cable, that means the new Spectrum Plans and Pricing aren't yet available in that area. Once those plans and prices are available, you will be eligible to take advantage of them at that time.
Second off, the cost of providing services increases year after year, and as a for profit company, we have to extend those costs to our customers. Essentially, every customer new or old is receiving a discount from our Retail Rates. Have you ever heard of a customer paying $109.99/mo for Ultimate internet? No, because everyone always gets some sort of deal, usually like $89.99 for that speed or even better during some promotional periods. So regardless of "New customer rate" vs "Current customer rate", the new customer rate was provided to you, the existing customer, at some point in time as well, and that New customer is only going to get that rate for the 1 year period before falling into the same boat as the rest of us.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions<

First of all, those retail rates you talk about are so ridiculously out of touch with the real world you have to lower them. Plus nobody is getting anything free are they? So bottom line what you call a discount is almost certainly not. It is the real world pricing of what TWC/Spectrum must sell at or go out business. As much as you think you can stand on a street corner and sell penny bubble gum for $50 and become rich it’s not gonna happen.

Secondly plenty of us never received any of what you call discounts. Figure that one out since you know-it-all. Believe it or not there was once a period of time in which there was sane pricing. 

Observer

When you switch to Spectrum plans do you need to get a new box? what about a new modem?

Observer

I don't understand why new boxes would be necessary if it's the same company
Established Sharer

prosgal wrote:

When you switch to Spectrum plans do you need to get a new box? what about a new modem?

Generally no and no, unless you're going from a 15 Mbps plan to a 300 Mbps plan, then you may need an updated modem.  A few months ago I switched to a Spectrum plan and my existing box and my owned modem work just fine.

All that you need to do is pay more!
Welcome to Spectrum where we give you options:
1. Pay way more for same service
2. Pay more for less service
"we are here to serve you"