Highlighted

Old time warner customer new Spectrum customer

[ Edited ]

I'm just curious why old TWC are considered old customers when it's a new company such as spectrum and why can't we upgrade our services at this moment add receive the same deal as a new customer since we would be a new spectrum customer ( this is an old time warner clause and it's a poor way to do business especially to those that have been paying on time for years)

21 REPLIES
Boz
Sharer

Re: Old time warner customer new Spectrum customer

Jonfd123 wrote:
I'm just curious why old TWC are considered old customers when it's a new company such as spectrum and why can't we upgrade our services at this moment add receive the same deal as a new customer since we would be a new spectrum customer ( this is an old time warner clause and it's a piss poor way to do business especially to those that have been paying on time for years)

That's a GREAT question! Smiley Wink

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Jonfd123

Thanks for your feedback.  I have passed your comments along to our leadership.  We will share any information we get regarding your question.  

James M.
Social Media Customer Care
Community Forums Moderator

Sharer

An even better solution is for every single cable/internet/sat company to offer all of it's existing customers the deals, thus always assuring customer retention isn't a problem.

In your scenario of offering legacy TWC customers the new customer deals, I have a feeling the existing Charter customers will have something to say about that.

Helper

Great points in this thread,

One of the reasons why the media always bashes the cable company is because existing customers are not treated as fairly as new ones with regards to lower pricing that new customers can get without a hassle.  But existing customers, who have been with the cable company for twenty five years or more, can't get the same breaks.  Isn't that discriminating against the very loyal and dedicated customers who have stayed with the cable company for decades?  You want to be loyalty, you offer the best deals to those subs who have been around the longest.  Why should your most loyal customers and fans have to "fight" or even call retentions year, after year, after year just to be let down, or get something like $10 off, when new customers are getting 50% off on anything?

Please pass this along to marketing as well.  The business model that cable companies are using should better reflect larger deal discounts for long-standing customers.  I speak from experience, having cable since 1985, and being with TWC since 1990.

Satch

Spectrum Employee

[ Edited ]

First off, if your area is still operated as Legacy Time Warner Cable, that means the new Spectrum Plans and Pricing aren't yet available in that area. Once those plans and prices are available, you will be eligible to take advantage of them at that time.

Second off, the cost of providing services increases year after year, and as a for profit company, we have to extend those costs to our customers. Essentially, every customer new or old is receiving a discount from our Retail Rates. Have you ever heard of a customer paying $109.99/mo for Ultimate internet? No, because everyone always gets some sort of deal, usually like $89.99 for that speed or even better during some promotional periods. So regardless of "New customer rate" vs "Current customer rate", the new customer rate was provided to you, the existing customer, at some point in time as well, and that New customer is only going to get that rate for the 1 year period before falling into the same boat as the rest of us.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions
Rob
Contributor

Seems you're making the case for disgruntled long time customers. If the "actual" costs the company incurs were the "full retail" prices they show Spectrum/TWC would have gone out of business selling a product at less than it costs to provide. They're inflating the actual costs to obfuscate the actual profits they take in gouging the long time customers.
Sharer

Essentially, every customer new or old is receiving a discount from our Retail Rates.

Absolutely, positively NOT TRUE.  I have been paying the Retail Rate for my Standard Internet ($59.99 per month) since July 2014, and I'm sure that I'm not alone.

But thanks for giving me the opportunity to catch a TWC employee in the act of telling a blatant lie, it gives me a small fuzzy warm feeling.

Browser

except a new member can start out with the highest speed possible 50mb to 300mb for like $65 a month.  If you were a customer for 10+ years your best speed was like 15mb.  So the people that were old customers are paying that $60 -$65 for 15 mbps . Not even close to the same service.

This is a prime example of how employees are speaking to customers. Do they train you to bully customers? Talk down to them? Talk over top of them? A customer asks a question out of concern and looks to you to help provide clarity on it, instead we are treated this way! Fact is you have a job because of the customers. Your in the public service field, SMH