Rookie

Money, Money, Money

Wow, can't even send an email to customer support.  Anyway if you're a customer SWITCH! I told them last year when they raised my price and set it back after I called, that if they went up on the price, I would leave.  Well, they did. I tried to downgrade and it cost $49.99 a month 4 6MBPS, SIX!!. For 10.00 less I can get 24 MBPS. So, I've been a customer for six years, never missed a payment, but held off while I tried to negotiate a price. Now I get emails and phone calls.  I sent them a certified letter last year stating that I would not pay any more for the service and iof they raised the rates, to notify me beforehand so I could find another provider. The letter is signed for, but I never received any notice.  So, I have a new provider coming and I will pay Time Warner the past due balance at the rate I agreed to, not the new one. At any rate, they overcharge, their customer service sucks, and they are arrogant and greedy.

7 REPLIES
Spectrum Employee

Re: Money, Money, Money

Redhawk wrote:

Wow, can't even send an email to customer support.  Anyway if you're a customer SWITCH! I told them last year when they raised my price and set it back after I called, that if they went up on the price, I would leave.  Well, they did. I tried to downgrade and it cost $49.99 a month 4 6MBPS, SIX!!. For 10.00 less I can get 24 MBPS. So, I've been a customer for six years, never missed a payment, but held off while I tried to negotiate a price. Now I get emails and phone calls.  I sent them a certified letter last year stating that I would not pay any more for the service and iof they raised the rates, to notify me beforehand so I could find another provider. The letter is signed for, but I never received any notice.  So, I have a new provider coming and I will pay Time Warner the past due balance at the rate I agreed to, not the new one. At any rate, they overcharge, their customer service sucks, and they are arrogant and greedy.

Your upcoming rate increase would be included on your statement(s) previous to the rate increase. Pricing is good for only 1 year unless you are paying the Retail rate, not the promotional rate.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions
Valued Participant

My rate increases or any reductions were never mentioned in previous statement.  

Spectrum Employee

Its printed typically on the left hand side of the bill, just above where it starts to get into your bill breakdown.

Valued Participant

In the past that was accurate but not this time.

Highlighted
Spectrum Employee

The only reason I could think of for it not being there is if you called and made adjustments prior to any scheduled rate changes due to promotional rate expiring.

Valued Participant

DSchroeder wrote:

The only reason I could think of for it not being there is if you called and made adjustments prior to any scheduled rate changes due to promotional rate expiring.

You can't actually do what you suggested because I've tried to do it before and CS reps always say no .  With any promotional rate you're locked into those rates for a year.  You'll be refused rate changes even if the promotions are substantially better a month later.  You might have done it as a Charter employee but they reject 99% requesting it.

Newcomer

Crooked company with no regard for customers. Will raise your prices every way they can. Do not get service with this company. Hope this catches just one person in time.