Highlighted
Newcomer

Looks like I'm going to change to another provider

in april, i signed up for internet and basic TV (really didn't need the basic TV AT ALL..but it was $1-2 dollars cheaper).

now, I see they canceled the order since i didn't plug in my TV reciever (and didn't tell me about the possibility)..and now my bill is $40 more...and Customer service "retention' can't do anything to fix it....

terrible Customer service.  

2 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: Looks like I'm going to change to another provider

[ Edited ]

pftttttra wrote:

in april, i signed up for internet and basic TV (really didn't need the basic TV AT ALL..but it was $1-2 dollars cheaper).

now, I see they canceled the order since i didn't plug in my TV reciever (and didn't tell me about the possibility)..and now my bill is $40 more...and Customer service "retention' can't do anything to fix it....

terrible Customer service.  

Basic TV (over-the-air channels - also known as Starter TV)?  Or SelectTV (which includes major pay TV networks in addition to over-the-air channels)?

What kind of promo were you on?  I have ELP Internet (3/1)+ StarterTV and they want me to upgrade to a double-play of 60/6 and SelectTV for $59.98 (for one year, then $79.98 for year two, then retail), but add $15 for the broadcast TV surcharge and equipment rental.  For that price?  No thank you.  If you were offered a similar double play, why would your rate jump $40?  Were you paying for 100 Mbps Internet?  The retail rate for 60/6 is $59.99, plus any equipment fees....

Also makes me wonder if Spectrum sells your viewing habits...  maybe that's why they cancelled your video service...

Lead Moderator

Re: Looks like I'm going to change to another provider

We would be happy to look into this. If the box had not been activated the system

more than likely saw this as an incomplete install. This was a self install? Had we mailed

the box or had you picked this up at the office? We can be reached at Forums_Help

Orders can be cancelled depending on the circumstances, in most cases the order can 

be put in again once the reason can be sorted out. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums