N/A

Is it wrong to expect spectrum to compensate me for my time?

I switched to spectrum from twc last week and was told to switch out my modem. I live about 15 miles from the Dayton Mall store so I took a hour out of my day to run that errand. I wanted the service so no problem. Then yesterday I received two packages from spectrum, a modem and cable box. I already had both so I called spectrum. The lady on the phone told me I must have been one of the LUCKY ones who got a modem before they ran out. Anyway long story short I was told the burden of return was on me. I kept my cool because obviously it was not the lady on the phones fault, but on my way in the store I see a guy outside getting an identical box out his car. I ask him if he just received a box he didn't need and has to make a return. He said yes. Then I walk in and see more identical boxes. I returned my box after waiting in line for 5 minutes holding two big boxes uncomfortably. The traffic was awful because they put the store in the worse place for heavy traffic (not upset over location even though it sucks im sure a lot of thought was put into location). Now i drive a f150 super crew cab my gas cost me about six dollars for a 30 mile trip and I have spent a little over a hour of my time. I did not ask it then but I am now do I deserve some compensation for my time I mean this was a mistake on their end. I basically was sitting at my house when a box was dropped off without my consent that I am held responsible for. I did try to get them to take it without me taking a trip but they would not comply. I was not lucky and I was not the only one . I got a job put on my doorstep with no pay will you please consider fairly reducing 20 dollars off my bill. 

11 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Is it wrong to expect spectrum to compensate me for my time?

Sorry no question mark on the end but it was totally a question.

Expert

you can always edit your posts.

What modem did you get?

sent to you vs what you were handed?

What modem did you have?

What speed are you getting?

You don't dare send anything back, they lose them....

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

TaynJ wrote:

I switched to spectrum from twc last week and was told to switch out my modem. I live about 15 miles from the Dayton Mall store so I took a hour out of my day to run that errand. I wanted the service so no problem. Then yesterday I received two packages from spectrum, a modem and cable box. I already had both so I called spectrum. The lady on the phone told me I must have been one of the LUCKY ones who got a modem before they ran out. Anyway long story short I was told the burden of return was on me. I kept my cool because obviously it was not the lady on the phones fault, but on my way in the store I see a guy outside getting an identical box out his car. I ask him if he just received a box he didn't need and has to make a return. He said yes. Then I walk in and see more identical boxes. I returned my box after waiting in line for 5 minutes holding two big boxes uncomfortably. The traffic was awful because they put the store in the worse place for heavy traffic (not upset over location even though it sucks im sure a lot of thought was put into location). Now i drive a f150 super crew cab my gas cost me about six dollars for a 30 mile trip and I have spent a little over a hour of my time. I did not ask it then but I am now do I deserve some compensation for my time I mean this was a mistake on their end. I basically was sitting at my house when a box was dropped off without my consent that I am held responsible for. I did try to get them to take it without me taking a trip but they would not comply. I was not lucky and I was not the only one . I got a job put on my doorstep with no pay will you please consider fairly reducing 20 dollars off my bill. 

You should be able to get compensation billing credit.  Copy and paste this story in a PM to @TWC_ForumsHelp  In that PM, include the name on your Spectrum Account, address, phone#, and a request for credit on your bill.

You will need to allow 7-10 business days for processing of the credit to your bill.  The credit should show on your next billing statement in the typical 30-day cycle.

Satch

N/A

Thank you for the edit info. It was a wifi box with phone. Was getting 50mbps now 60mbps. I did not check brands or differences of the ones in the box. I handed it in personally and received a receipt.
N/A

Thank you for your help I'm not trying to be petty but I feel like I got a job sent my way and am very limited with free time.I'm working 12hr days 6days a week for now.
Established Sharer

For your sake and for everyone else that are in the same situation, I hope they compensate your for your wasted time and energy but I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Observer

I had a similar situation, only mine involved FIVE boxes (four of which were unnecessary, and the fifth of which had the wrong modem) and way too many phone calls to Spectrum as they tried to get my service working properly. I complained on their FB page, a rep pinged me back and I asked for compensation. In the end they gave me a whopping $10 - with an admonishment that they could do this only once every 12 months - pretty stingy of them in my opinion, particularly given how long I've been a customer. 

You can read about the whole sordid affair here: http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Video/page/1/thread-id/7293

I am glad you were able to get your problem solved.  Unfortunatly I have not.  Your problem wanting to be compensated for your time and expenses for returning equipment has me even more upset with this company!  I have expenses as well from returning equipment as they instructed me to do, time unconnecting everything/reconnecting, gas to travel to local store 25 mins away from home, I wish I only stood in line holding a large box weighing well over 20 lbs for your 5 or so mins because I in fact stood there for 15 mins!!  Then I learn that I returned items and I am paying a higher price for services I do not even have the ability to use now since I was told to return this equipment!!   I seek help in finding a solution to these major errors and I am told "sorry", "we can not provide any adjustments to your account", "you are not a new customer to Spectrum because you are a TWC customer".  REALLY?? I think this company monoply had better get their business in order quickly before everyone notices how horriable they handle business.  Shame on you.

I am posting the link of my PM to company, hopefully it works to share the whole situation

http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/outbox/notes-view-mode/single/note-i...

Spectrum Employee

You could have always requested a Return Kit that will include a label for the equipment to be returned to us. You can drop it off at a local FedEx box, or schedule FedEx to come pick it up for you.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions