am4
Rookie

Horrible online tech support chat experience

So I gave the support guy control of my computer through an app he had me download.  He changed some Wi-Fi settings in my router settings AFTER I told him my problem is NOT with Wi-Fi.  So he opens my Google and deletes my browser settings INCLUDING MY PASSWORDS!  He does a speed test and asks "Is everything fixed?" to which I respond "no".  He then proceeds to close the Time Warner chat window and closes the app that gave him control of my computer.

The end.

Thx lol

8 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Horrible online tech support chat experience

am4

I apologize for any poor experience.  If the issue remains unresolved, please contact us by private message at TWC_ForumsHelp. Please include your account or phone number when contacting us.  We would be happy to assist.  

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

James M.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Contributor

"So I gave the support guy control of my computer through an app he had me download."

Never, ever, ever ever, do this. 

Expert

TWC supposedly is not allowed to do any COAM device maint.

In the leased modems/routers, they have full access to the TWC owned equipment and don't need a remote desktop to get into it.

And yes, You're better off inviting over a computer geek friend  than using the ATS people. All the overseas ones are losing their jobs when Spectrum takes over and rthere may be some shenanigans....

WAS this Tier 3 or ATS that you were talking to.

Do you have a name?

BTW BE SURE TO DISABLE THE REMOTE DESKTOP THIS PERSON USED TO GET IN...

Browser

According to a letter I have. Spectrum has already taken over.

Expert

BlueMoon wrote:

According to a letter I have. Spectrum has already taken over.

Correct, but per the letter there will be gradual changes.

Don't blame them for the mess they inherited.

Newcomer

The other day an online tech wanted me to allow access to my PC. My reply No way. I will never,ever allow remote access to anyone with any company.

Expert

That's screwed up.. any idea where the tech was? Spoke good english?  They call you but only if you called in for service.

What sort of problem are you having? DID you call TWC?

If this was a call out of the blue, IT IS A HACKER CALLING!

Newcomer

i think the TWC  chat thing is phony. it never works. it immediately pops up and say this is so and so how are you today. but wont let you respond. my bill is sky rocketing at the same time. garbage.