False advertising?

[ Edited ]

so, I was at my local spectrum office yesterday and while waiting for a rep, I was looking at the computer they have available. I was looking at Spectrum pricing and saw an ad that gave the impression that with Triple Play Gold I would receive intenet and voice for the introductory price of $69.99. However after continuing through the prompts, it was charging for internet and voice for a total of $139.95. Bait and switch much?

3 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: False advertising?

movalca1 wrote:

so, I was at my local spectrum office yesterday and while waiting for a rep, I was looking at the computer they have available. I was looking at Spectrum pricing and saw an ad that gave the impression that with Triple Play Gold I would receive intenet and voice for the introductory price of $69.99. However after continuing through the prompts, it was charging for internet and voice for a total of $139.95. Bait and switch much?

It's the fine print that makes the advertising legal.  I would assume that the cost of internet and voice is $69.99 per month, but you need to be a video customer at $70 per month to get that bundle discount.

I am am sure that the additional following items were not included in the price:

1.  Equipment fees / rentals

2.  BroadcastTV surcharge

3.  RSN surcharge

4.  Local franchise fees and taxes

the list goes on.  I can only recommed that people do not beleive what they see.

StubHub once tried "all-in-pricing" for resale of event tickets, and saw busniness drop.  Apparently the general buying pubic likes hidden fees and surcharges.  I cannot explain the mentality behind it.

Sharer

StubHub once tried "all-in-pricing" for resale of event tickets, and saw busniness drop.  Apparently the general buying pubic likes hidden fees and surcharges.  I cannot explain the mentality behind it.

Company lumps all fees and taxes into one price and people cry that there's no transparency. Company itemizes fee and taxes and people cry that they are being nickel and dimed to death.

All they have to do is list the price then show the breakdown.