Rookie

False advertising!

We received a special offer in the mail titled "Get more advanced Spectrum services and save $15/mo. The letter has our account no.  It included a note "After reviewing your account, we are pleased to present a special offer to upgrade to more powerful services for $15/mo less than you are paying now."

We went to the TWC/Spectrum store. We were given the equipment and were told to set it up then call the number on the mailer to get it activated and get the deal.  That took about an hour disconnecting the old and connecting the new.  

However,  when we called the no. They wouldn't honor the offer. TWC/Spectrum kept saying it was for new customers only even though it clearly states it is for current customer. I spent one hour and 18 minutes on phone.  The best they would give me was the same services in the offer, but it would cost us $7 more each month, not $15 less.  A waste of my entire evening! Not to mention false advertising!

11 REPLIES
Rookie

Re: False advertising!

More lies from Spectrum...the list goes on and on.  This has Attorney General complaint written all over it, especially if the offer is in writing.

Expert

[ Edited ]

better compare the channels you now get vs what you got with TWC...

Everyone is saying less...

They are trying to trick people away from the TWC packages and pricing. Once you switch you can't go back.

ALL TWC equipment should work just fine provided the modems are 16x4 and there are no DTA's in use. 

Spectrum is getting rid of wholehouse DVR's,

Spectrum is replacing DTA's with cable boxes

Spectrum is also supplying 8x4 modems to replace the better 16x4 ones which makes no sense.

Community Manager

@Cablene1

I apologize for the frustration and poor experience.  If the issue is still not resolved, then please contact us at TWC_ForumsHelp  so we look into this for you. 

James M.
Social Media Customer Care
Community Forums Moderator

Highlighted
Boz
Sharer

[ Edited ]

Suzispot wrote:

More lies from Spectrum...the list goes on and on.  This has Attorney General complaint written all over it, especially if the offer is in writing.

I might also suggest contacting the BBB and local TV stations.  Since the offer is in writing in a letter mailed to your house, including your current account number, and then Spectrum's refusal to honor that offer, I'd think that would raise a lot of interest and that you might get some help by contacting all of these.

But as MsRaye said, make sure to double and triple check what channels you will be getting with the Spectrum package vs what you're getting with your TWC package, and also check what services and equipment you'll get, to make sure it's what you really want!

Rookie

I also received a letter with an offer that was not honored. It says "After reviewing your account, we are pleased to present a special offer to upgrade to more powerful services for less than you are paying now. It then listed my current services and the new services that I was being offered. I only have internet and Limited Basic TV, so my monthly bill is only $85.

The offer was to continue my existing internet and get upgraded TV for just $59.98 for 12 mo.

When I called the number in the letter I was told that no such offer was available for me.

Liars!

Boz
Sharer

Oh, I sure hope I get a letter like you guys got and then Spectrum doesn't honor it!  It will be so much fun! Smiley Happy

Rookie

I recieved the letter as well. They kept trying to make excuses why it wasnt available but the wording is very clear. It has my name, account number, it lists my current services and very clearly tells me what the change and price will be. The first Rep told me no and put me on hold for 30 mins and without warning just transferred me to a new rep and i had to start over. The second rep told me it was nto available and kept putting me on hold, speaking to a supervisor that i couldnt speak to directly. SHe said its not possible and i told her i would send her the offer in her email but it didnt really matter. I told her i wanted a Supervisor and she said one would call back in 24 hours.

Im very irritated with this, i was already shopping around for a new providor. This is the deal that would have kept me as a customer. I just wanted Discovery channel without paying an additional 60$. Honestly.... All i wanted was high speed internet without any cable to begin with but they couldnt not provide that at a cheaper price, i got stuck with the TV and have never plugged in either box, we are a streaming family.

[ Edited ]

SPECTRUM FALSELY ADVERTISES PRICING

I just got off the phone after being old hold for 45 mnutes - they will not honor the special pricing advertised on their fancy commercial and the flyers they send to my house twice a week for those of us who have been long time customers - the inept CSA told me that I could cancel my service for 30 days and then she could give me the price - really?!?!?!?! I htink I hear AT&T and DIrectTV calling me with lower prices and more channels!!!

It's nice to  know that my localty is rewarded with an OH Well attitude - you woudl think with the competition of Hulu Netflix etc they woudl be (edited)  instead of their sucky attitude.

Sharer

They kept trying to make excuses why it wasnt available but the wording is very clear.

Thanks for posting the link to your letter, I'd agree that it's very clear -- but the thieves running Spectrum simply don't care, won't care until some authority hits them with massive fines for their acts of fraud.

It's probably not a good idea to share your whole account number, you could block out the right half and still drive the point home.