Spectator

Re: Excessive Commercials

The worst part of this is that they are outright untrue.  I have had problems and never got a tech tracker sent to me.  The quality has gone way down.  I am constantly having to restart my internet connection, and my DVR is unresponsive much of the time, and on demand or searching for something takes forever.  

The worst of them all is that they claimed that they were going to bring tech support back to the states.  Every time I call or use the chat, I am sent overseas.  I used to be able to reach my local connection.  No more, you have to talk to Bob in Bagdad.

Lead Moderator

@GY We certainly do appreciate your providing us with your feedback and will share this with management.

@akjdsf I am sorry to hear you have had so much trouble with service.  We would be happy 

to look into this for you.  If you would like us to do this please DM over your account 

number, verification of your service address and some additional detail about the 

problems you are having.

Hope you are both having a good day!

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Spectator

DM to who?  will it go overseas as usual.  

Lead Moderator

You can direct message us at TWC_ForumsHelp

Regards,
Julia R.
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Spectator

Commercials

Enough of your TWC tv commercials. I am sick of being bombarded with this crap. They really suck !

Expert

Re: Commercials

Problem is they air the wrong ones for our areas as well and are usually for new customers only (read the fine print) .

Many of them are not available either as new customers are forced into the Spectrum plans and the outdated ads are for TWC .

We get the "speeds up to 50 meg"ads  when Spectrum has speeds of 60 and 100 megs and is available here... but not to existing TWC customers with or without bundled plans.

TWC prices went up here again by $8 a month and that's not for phone, dvr's or any premium channels. I have no clue where the advertised prices are available...

Browser

Re: Commercials

From my experince working with marketing companies before they usually set ads to blanket areas that cover several different markets, which this may be the case. Also remember its not up to TWC/Spectrum to broadcast the commercials, thats the networks doing, TWC/Spectrum is just paying to have the option to broadcast the channels to you.

Newcomer

Too many commercials

there are so many commercial interuptions that it it is impossible to enjoy anything on the tv.the whole idea of PAID tv was to avoid commercials,its an insult to the consumer and its ridiculus

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Too many commercials

@rgalloway3

I apologize for the frustration with our services.  Certain premium channels and On Demand content, such as movies, may be commercial free.  Commercial content, along with other programming content is determined by the individual networks.  One solution may be to record programming with a DVR, which allows you to fast forward to the programming you want to view.   Thanks for your comments and let us know if we can assist in the future.  

James M.
Forum Moderator

Observer

Re: Too many commercials

I AGREE... I'm old enough to remember when America was told we had to convert to Cable TV because "future sun spot activity would interfere with TV signals over the airwaves" and "that it would be better because we would get more channels (which we do) and there would not be commercials since we would be paying for it".  Well, 2 out of the 3 have  been  proven to be not true. (A 33% pass rate is a failing grade, everywhere). Additionally, if all the channels we now have are so good... Folks like Netflix, Amazon, FX and a host of others would not have a market.  So... Help us out Time Warner or Spectrum or AT&T or Whoever You Are!. What part of Time Warner is AT&T trying to buy anyway?