Rookie

Re: Disappointing to read this on Facebook!

If you read all the remarks you will see a large pattern of this behavior. Sending you around to several different people as if they are going to help you and the final one tells you there are  are no deals right now.  The one us Spectrum is working on their pricing. Call back next month and see if they are in place.  I told them if they can't lower the price in march we are out of here.   It's been a year and new folks can get the bargain rates and the old TW customers are paying double and no choice to switch to Spectrum. Another scammy thing is they say if you lower your services you will pay double. It's like you are strong armed into leaving or keeping service you don't want.... I am waiting for a class action lawsuit over that. It can't be legal.....

Highlighted
Established Sharer

Re: Disappointing to read this on Facebook!

Kathyn2 wrote:

If you read all the remarks you will see a large pattern of this behavior. Sending you around to several different people as if they are going to help you and the final one tells you there are  are no deals right now.  The one us Spectrum is working on their pricing. Call back next month and see if they are in place.  I told them if they can't lower the price in march we are out of here.   It's been a year and new folks can get the bargain rates and the old TW customers are paying double and no choice to switch to Spectrum. Another scammy thing is they say if you lower your services you will pay double. It's like you are strong armed into leaving or keeping service you don't want.... I am waiting for a class action lawsuit over that. It can't be legal.....

There's nothing scammy or illegal about it...it's economics. A private company can charge whatever it wants to charge for its product or service. It is up to the consumer to either say yes or no. If enough say yes, the company tries to maximize what it can charge to keep you saying yes. If enough say no, it either dies or lowers its pricing to convert the no to a yes. 

All cable/sat companies operate on the model of giving the new customers the best promos that existing customers are not eligible for.