Disappointing to read this on Facebook!

#TimeWarnerCable aka #Spectrum (whatever stupid name they are calling themselves now) just lost a long-time customer tonight. I only have standard internet and basic cable that only got the local channels...very minimum and was paying $64 per month. In November I got my bill and they raised the price randomly by $20. I called and was able to get them to add me into a new 12 month promotion which lowered my bill to $60 per month. Today I got my bill, and it again went up, but this time it increased by $35 to $95 per month. I again called, but was transfered to 6 different people. They told me I was never added onto a new promotion in November and said there was nothing they could do to lower the bill to a better price. I've finally had enough with them and had my services disconnected. It is sad the 6 different human beings I was transferred to are trained to talk and think so robotically of scripts. It was difficult to even have professional conversations with them. The most human one was the lady who kept burping in the phone and wasn't listening well. At least she didn't read from a script.

Now I'm in search for a new internet provider. Does anyone in the De Pere/Green Bay area have a good internet provider that is not Time Warner Cable/Spectrum? Who in their right mind justifies paying $95 per month just to get local channels and standard internet. Netflix isn't that important to me.

I would expect more and better customer service from a company that offers a service....
11 REPLIES
Highlighted
Observer

Re: Disappointing to read this on Facebook!

I read through this forum occasionally and it is hard not to notice a pattern. A phone rep. offers a satisfactory deal. Later TWC / Spectrum has no record of the deal and stated that the deal is not possible.

I see this pattern over and over. What the heck is going on here?
Community Manager

Re: Disappointing to read this on Facebook!

@Canditaffi

 

I apologize for the poor experience.  I would like to forward your feedback for you.  Please contact us directly by private message at TWC_ForumsHelp. We look forward to hearing from you.  

 

James M.
Social Media Customer Care
Community Forums Moderator

Sharer

Re: Disappointing to read this on Facebook!

[ Edited ]

Canditaffi wrote:

Now I'm in search for a new internet provider. Does anyone in the De Pere/Green Bay area have a good internet provider that is not Time Warner Cable/Spectrum? Who in their right mind justifies paying $95 per month just to get local channels and standard internet. Netflix isn't that important to me.


I was stationed up in Marinette for some time, and co-workers who used TWC for internet subscribed to the "Everyday Low Price" internet at $14.99 / mo, which was 3/1.   I have this at home back in NY.  If you can still get it, give it a try.

 

I use it to stream Netflix / Amazon Prime, and it works fine.  Of course it does email and web-browsing satisfactorily.  Your mileage may vary.  I don't have four teenagers in the house all watcing you-tube at the same time.

 

Being in Green Bay / DePere, you should be able to get your locals with an antenna.  I had co-workers who used an antenna up in Peshtigo.

Boz
Sharer

Re: Disappointing to read this on Facebook!


bill_orange wrote:
I read through this forum occasionally and it is hard not to notice a pattern. A phone rep. offers a satisfactory deal. Later TWC / Spectrum has no record of the deal and stated that the deal is not possible.

I see this pattern over and over. What the heck is going on here?

THIS IS 100% TRUE!

 

Why can't regulators and/or private watchdog groups see this and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!?

Sharer

Re: Disappointing to read this on Facebook!


Boz wrote:

bill_orange wrote:
I read through this forum occasionally and it is hard not to notice a pattern. A phone rep. offers a satisfactory deal. Later TWC / Spectrum has no record of the deal and stated that the deal is not possible.

I see this pattern over and over. What the heck is going on here?

THIS IS 100% TRUE!

 

Why can't regulators and/or private watchdog groups see this and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!?


What should happen is that the CSR on the phone should be able to set up any change in service.  Then the next step is for the Customer to receive an email notification that changes have been made to the account, and here is an itemized list / bill for your new services.  They could even show a "before" and "after".  Then, it would be on the Customer to confirm the change or reject the change.

 

Seems simple to me, but I guess that would add a layer of friction to upselling...

Boz
Sharer

Re: Disappointing to read this on Facebook!


dstoffa wrote:

Boz wrote:

bill_orange wrote:
I read through this forum occasionally and it is hard not to notice a pattern. A phone rep. offers a satisfactory deal. Later TWC / Spectrum has no record of the deal and stated that the deal is not possible.

I see this pattern over and over. What the heck is going on here?

THIS IS 100% TRUE!

 

Why can't regulators and/or private watchdog groups see this and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!?


What should happen is that the CSR on the phone should be able to set up any change in service.  Then the next step is for the Customer to receive an email notification that changes have been made to the account, and here is an itemized list / bill for your new services.  They could even show a "before" and "after".  Then, it would be on the Customer to confirm the change or reject the change.

 

Seems simple to me, but I guess that would add a layer of friction to upselling...


Or to lying, lol!

Spectrum Employee

Re: Disappointing to read this on Facebook!

All it really takes is to escalate above the standard reps, have a Lead or Supervisor agree to listen to the original call, and have the bill corrected. Now, I don't work in the Midwest (even though I was raised in Sheboygan for all you Wisconsinites posting here), but that is how we handle these types of issues here. If you were promised a price, and it happened on a phone call, there is record of that call and we can correct the problem.


I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions
Boz
Sharer

Re: Disappointing to read this on Facebook!


DSchroeder wrote:

All it really takes is to escalate above the standard reps, have a Lead or Supervisor agree to listen to the original call, and have the bill corrected. Now, I don't work in the Midwest (even though I was raised in Sheboygan for all you Wisconsinites posting here), but that is how we handle these types of issues here. If you were promised a price, and it happened on a phone call, there is record of that call and we can correct the problem.


That is SO untrue for most areas!  Why do you think there are SO many complaints here of people being told something by a rep & then not getting the pricing or services they were promised, and then being told there is NO WAY to fix the issue!?  Even with an emailed chat transcript, supervisors REFUSE to help!

Established Sharer

Re: Disappointing to read this on Facebook!

Boz, he's just trying to be clever with his words.  Note the phrases:

 

have a Lead or Supervisor agree

 

most people can't get a Lead or Supervisor to agree to do anything for a customer call, so that's a dead end in 90+% of all cases.

 

and we can correct the problem

 

"Can" is not the same as "will".  Sure, Spectrum/TWC "can" choose to shift their backsides and do something either proactively or reactively, but mostly they "don't".  This leads to the large number of complaints here and in other venues (websites, Twitter, Facebook, you name it).  The Social Media Team has admitted that they can't do anything about pricing or billing issues (can't seem to do much about any other issues, either, but that's another of my rants).