Newcomer

Completely Useless Chat Support Experience

I just spent over an hour trying to solve an iPhone email problem with 'Vikranth'.  I logged on to the Chat support with the topic "Not able to send email from my Roadrunner account on my iPhone"  After an excruciating hour plus... The "Tech" guy sent me off with "OK, we have verified that you are unable to send email".  I don't know if we had a very slow connection or he had multiple conversations going at once (I was watching TV while waiting for answers) but at one point I asked if we could somehow speed this up!!!

We ended with him telling me to go to the iPhone store.

I then poked around the internet and in 5 minutes found a post that suggested turning off SSL in the outgoing server settings and Problem Solved.  I should have just done this in the first place and saved myself a couple of hours.

2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Completely Useless Chat Support Experience

@tjsexton

I apologize for any poor experience.   Glad to hear that you were able to resolve this issue. You are welcome to contact us anytime with questions or issues.  

James M.
Social Media Customer Care
Community Forums Moderator

Newcomer

Re: Completely Useless Chat Support Experience

I had the SAME experience today - the rep I spoke with was TERRIBLE! I am completely displeased with this company.