Newcomer

Complaint

How to get a resolution with reducing my bill. The customer service rep have not been able to shed a light that is to my sastification. I had the same services with AT&T Uverse and i paid almost $50 less with them. The only reason i have this service is beaucase my area does not offer the Uverse service. This is totally a rip off. Unhappy new customer

6 REPLIES
Highlighted
Sharer

Re: Complaint

customer214 wrote:

How to get a resolution with reducing my bill. The customer service rep have not been able to shed a light that is to my sastification. I had the same services with AT&T Uverse and i paid almost $50 less with them. The only reason i have this service is beaucase my area does not offer the Uverse service. This is totally a rip off. Unhappy new customer

If you are a BRAND NEW customer, you should be eligfible for favorable new customer pricing (Triple Play @ $99.97 + $6.05 +$5.00 for one TV set, use your own Wifi Router - should run about $120 / mo when all taxes and fees are added).

If you have been a TWC customer since before the merger, discounts are no longer offered.   If you were on a promotional rate, you will not be able to renew that rate.  You can continue to pay retail rates going forward ($78.99 + 6.05 for TV; $59.99 for Internet; $29.95 for Phone; $11.75 per cable box;  I have not factored any modem lease fees).

You MIGHT be eligible for Spectrum bundle discounts, but you 'd have to call.  Be aware of the following:

1.  Once you leave a legacy TWC plan, you cannot go back.

2.  If you have whole house DVR, you will lose that if you switch to a Spectrum plan.  You cannot get it back.

3.  The base TV Plan for Spectrum (SelectTV) has FEWER channels than TWC's base TV Plan ("StandardTV").  You can add them back via one or two Digi Tiers, but each adds $12 / mo to your bill.  Just because you currently have a particular channel doesn't mean it will be included in the Spectrum Base TV Plan (Select TV).

Whatever price they quote you, be aware that you will be charge a $6.05 Broadcast TV surcharge - this typically isn't included in the advertised price.  Surcharges, taxes, and equipment rentals typically add $20 per month to the bill.

Newcomer

I called last week to renegotiate my rate with TWC. I call every year and have always been able to get a rate close to whatever I am currently paying ($65). I was extremely disappointed to find out that there are only 2 speeds for internet and to keep my current speed we have to pay $23 more per month than what we had been paying the last year.  So, we are paying almost $88 for internet service. If you upgrade to the 300 mbps plan you have to pay a $200 activation fee for them to flip a switch! We only need internet service and no cable tv service. This company had gone down hill since they merged with Spectrum. I would not recommend this company to anyone who has 'choices' for their internet/tv service. If we ever have another choice where I live then we will be leaving!!!!
Rookie

I just received my bill today expecting a $65 as usual. But nope, $79.99! More money for nothing extra! That's ridiculous. I'll be writing a letter to the senator requesting an inquiry in to this monopoly. As soon as green light Internet hits my area, I will dump these thieves. And thanks for the no notice on the increase.
Expert

see what went up...

If you're in NYS, contact the state attny general, there is a major suit

Sharer

Wagnito wrote:
I just received my bill today expecting a $65 as usual. But nope, $79.99! More money for nothing extra! That's ridiculous. I'll be writing a letter to the senator requesting an inquiry in to this monopoly. As soon as green light Internet hits my area, I will dump these thieves. And thanks for the no notice on the increase.

Typically a change in rates will be on the PREVIOUS month's bill.

To that end, if you were on a promotional rate, it is not known if an "End of Promotion" notice is provided on the previous month's bill.

Check your bill from two cycles ago...

Complaint - Wilmington NC, Disgusting service!!

One word, MONOPOLY!

Wake up FCC, Spectrum has a monopoly in this market and is mistreating "their" customers. I have never experienced, a more rude and unprofessional treatment from any company in 45 years.  

I have two accounts with spectrum, and want to transfer one of those accounts over to my signifcant other, who too owns the property, but am told (by the wilmington store"supervisor") I will need to disconnect and set up new service to accomplish this.  Or The wilmington store said, I could transfer the account if I was deceased, seperated or divorced.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!

Not true - I called up spectrum customer service and obtained an "account assumption form" to transfer the service over and resolve te matter.  (here's the kicker, I called ahead to find out what we needed to bring with us to make this happen)

Customer service at the Wilmington, NC store could have been POLITE, UNDERSTANDING AND PRODUCED THE FORMS.

I highly recommend you look into the Wilmington's store behavior, unacceptable in every way!!  Can you hear this and do you care?