Newcomer

Re: Complaint - Billing and Service

Back in February, we requested our service to stop by March 18, 2017  (the end of the billing cycle) because we will be moving and will no loger be needing internet service. I spoke to two diferrent TWC/Spectrum representatives who  confirmed that yes, they will stop the service by then. Today I receive a bill in the mail for services for the period of March 20 - April 19, 2017  --- we won't even be having internet service then! I spoke to another representative who said to just disregard this bill that we received, and that we will get another bill--the final bill--on April 10, since TWC sends out their billing statements every 10th of the month.

 

I understand that TWC sends their bill in advance every 10th of the month, but since we called and informed them of our decision to stop the service way back in February, they should have sent us the final bill this month instead.  Upsetting.

Rookie

Re: Complaint - Billing and Service

I second the lying of Time Warner of Spectrum.  In February '17 (this year) I log into my account and select a new internet plan.  I run through the steps of filling out the online form.  I reach the "completed" page.  Then come the automated emails congratulating my new plan selection but I need to call TWC Spectrum to complete my setup.  I should have known, "bait & switch".  Then on the phone w/ a TWC Spectrum rep, the closest price they can give me to the one offered when I was logged into my account will now cost $9 more.  The rep says the offer should have not been on the page - "it's an old TWC offer, not a TWC "Spectrum offer.  I get the full lecture how they are not TW any longer, they're Spectrum.  I reply that I still login to the same account.  My auto-mated payment is still managed by me online at this sign in location.  I further note, it says TWC Spectrum.  I argue to no avail. and I suck it up and accept the higher priced plan.  They congratulate me and tell me I'm now receiving one of their higher internet plans for a great discounted price - and it's good for 12 mo. - I don't have to worry for a year.  I do have to contact them in 12 mo. to seek a new plan if I want to maintain a promo discount off whatever plans are available in 12 mo.  I go home with my new modem in hand.  I plug it in - and no internet.  On the phone w/ TW Spectrum for a couple hours and finally everyone resigns to, it will take a technician to drive out to address.  Next day, technician after over an hour figures out it's an incompatible modem and he provides me another and I'm backon the internet after 48 hours from my first selection of a bogus plan.  I receive my first bill (pro-rated; its a partial month on the new plan) and it's priced correctly per the new 12 mo. promo plan.  The next bill comes in (1 1/2 mo later), and now I'm billed $5 addl., or $14 addl. from the "bait & switch" promo plan I had originally selected online but TW Spectrum would not honor.  I call in tonight.  I speak to Elfy in Manila.  He explains in a hard to understand accent that although I get a $20 discount and free modem (a promotion), its not a promo plan and it's really not a discount.  However their list price is $20 more than I'm currently charged, before or after the $5 increase.  He says, our list price went up $5 but you don't have to pay full list price because you get a $20 discount, but not a promo.  But I will start being charged for the modem and full list price in 12 mo. - but according to Elfy I'm not on a promotion they feel they need to honor.  I'm beside myself and trying to understand if I just fell into the twighlight zone or I'm speaking to a really dishonest representative that fits in with a really dishonest TW Spectrum.  As for a promo lasting 12 mo., Elfy in Manilla says he doesn't see it as a promo but I don't pay full list prices, but I don't receive a discount.... but my price will go up significantly in 12 mo., but its not a promo.

TWC Spectrum is the WELLS FARGO of cable providers... and I'm already reading about in on social media and my local neighborhood Nextdoor of people's disgust w/ this company.

What a dishonest, rhetoric company - like we need another one of these in our society of cheats and liars.

Community Manager

Re: Complaint - Billing and Service

@airandnic

 

I apologize for the frustration.  Unfortunately, this is not an issue we can address in this department.  We recommend that you contact us at 1-800-892-4357 or visit a local Spectrum store, if you still need assistance.  

 

James M.
Social Media Customer Care
Community Forums Moderator

Rookie

Re: Complaint - Billing and Service

TWC is a total mess.   Firstly I did not receive my monthly billing statement in April, call TWC and representative said it was mailed on such and such date,  have I moved,  NO>    So went to a TWC or should we call it Spectrum?  retail store with a check in the correct amount.    The female typed in numbers and returned the check to my husband along with a receipt as it was eletronic fund transfer.   So bill was paid,  so I thought until today received a bill triple the amount showing an additional  $25.00 charge for payment reversal fee?????? WHAT I said.  Called and representative was very curt with me and said there was nothing she could do from her end,  just pay the bill.    WHAT I said again.    Called back and at least this rep looked into the issue, and she would put in a ticket for further review that can take 7 days, again I said WHAT?   It could be sooner, well let's hope so.     The person at the store made a mistake with routing number.    I called Bank of the West and was told this check for EFT never reached Bank of the West and the person inputting the info from the check did not do it correctly.      I am so upset by this as I have never ever had something like this happen.     I am not only ticked off with TMC but totally steamed.    

Sharer

Re: Complaint - Billing and Service


metoo2 wrote:

TWC is a total mess.   Firstly I did not receive my monthly billing statement in April, call TWC and representative said it was mailed on such and such date,  have I moved,  NO>    So went to a TWC or should we call it Spectrum?  retail store with a check in the correct amount.    The female typed in numbers and returned the check to my husband along with a receipt as it was eletronic fund transfer.   So bill was paid,  so I thought until today received a bill triple the amount showing an additional  $25.00 charge for payment reversal fee?????? WHAT I said.  Called and representative was very curt with me and said there was nothing she could do from her end,  just pay the bill.    WHAT I said again.    Called back and at least this rep looked into the issue, and she would put in a ticket for further review that can take 7 days, again I said WHAT?   It could be sooner, well let's hope so.     The person at the store made a mistake with routing number.    I called Bank of the West and was told this check for EFT never reached Bank of the West and the person inputting the info from the check did not do it correctly.      I am so upset by this as I have never ever had something like this happen.     I am not only ticked off with TMC but totally steamed.    


I feel your pain.    I've missed bills (not cable) and have gotten slammed with late fees.  I don't like late fees, and I try to late-fee-proof my life.  Some suggestions:

 

1.  Check your bill on-line, even if you don't receive one.  Mail is not infallible.  I actually decline a paper bill, and in return get a $1 / month paperless bill credit.    I must have saved hundreds over the years doing this.  An email is sent to me when my bill is issued.

2.  Enroll in AutoPAY.  I have my cable bill charged to a credit card which I pay off in full every month.  This ensures they always get paid.  It also saves me the cost of a stamp, and gets me rewards points with my credit card.  I don't recommend you do this if you carry balances month to month.  It also affords me extra protection in way of the "Credit Card Army" if I have a problem with my services, as I can dispute the charge with my credit card company and not have use my own funds while the problem is investigated.

 

Rookie

Re: Complaint - Billing and Service


dstoffa wrote:

metoo2 wrote:

TWC is a total mess.   Firstly I did not receive my monthly billing statement in April, call TWC and representative said it was mailed on such and such date,  have I moved,  NO>    So went to a TWC or should we call it Spectrum?  retail store with a check in the correct amount.    The female typed in numbers and returned the check to my husband along with a receipt as it was eletronic fund transfer.   So bill was paid,  so I thought until today received a bill triple the amount showing an additional  $25.00 charge for payment reversal fee?????? WHAT I said.  Called and representative was very curt with me and said there was nothing she could do from her end,  just pay the bill.    WHAT I said again.    Called back and at least this rep looked into the issue, and she would put in a ticket for further review that can take 7 days, again I said WHAT?   It could be sooner, well let's hope so.     The person at the store made a mistake with routing number.    I called Bank of the West and was told this check for EFT never reached Bank of the West and the person inputting the info from the check did not do it correctly.      I am so upset by this as I have never ever had something like this happen.     I am not only ticked off with TMC but totally steamed.    


I feel your pain.    I've missed bills (not cable) and have gotten slammed with late fees.  I don't like late fees, and I try to late-fee-proof my life.  Some suggestions:

 

1.  Check your bill on-line, even if you don't receive one.  Mail is not infallible.  I actually decline a paper bill, and in return get a $1 / month paperless bill credit.    I must have saved hundreds over the years doing this.  An email is sent to me when my bill is issued.

2.  Enroll in AutoPAY.  I have my cable bill charged to a credit card which I pay off in full every month.  This ensures they always get paid.  It also saves me the cost of a stamp, and gets me rewards points with my credit card.  I don't recommend you do this if you carry balances month to month.  It also affords me extra protection in way of the "Credit Card Army" if I have a problem with my services, as I can dispute the charge with my credit card company and not have use my own funds while the problem is investigated.

 


Thank you for posting, but I think you missed the point of my post.    Yes USPS is not always reliable my point is how I got slammed with a $25.00 late charge fee for payment reversal from the local retail TWC Spectum store where my monthly will was paid.    It was there error for reversal EFT.    They didn't not process the check for EFT properly.    They better remove this late fee as it was their fault not mine.   I have the receipt which gives the receipt number, date, time showing balance $44.95 , paid $44.95,  balance Zero.      And lastly I have never carried over balances.

Sharer

Re: Complaint - Billing and Service


metoo2 wrote:

 

Thank you for posting, but I think you missed the point of my post.    Yes USPS is not always reliable my point is how I got slammed with a $25.00 late charge fee for payment reversal from the local retail TWC Spectum store where my monthly will was paid.    It was there error for reversal EFT.    They didn't not process the check for EFT properly.    They better remove this late fee as it was their fault not mine.   I have the receipt which gives the receipt number, date, time showing balance $44.95 , paid $44.95,  balance Zero.      And lastly I have never carried over balances.


Well, if the associate at the Spectrum Store entered the incorrect Routing / Account number, then I would agree that THEY are on the hook for the NSF fee, which was probably drawn on a bank or account that doesn't exist - i.e. Rubber Check.

 

Their billing coding will automatically assess the late fee.  It has no idea that the bank account isn't yours.  It just thinks the check bounced.  I would look at the Terms of Service and the Disclosures to see who is on the hook for this.  I am sure their lawyers wrote the Terms so that they hold no liablility for mistakes or acts of god.  This might need to be arbitrated.  I don't think your situation would be breaking new ground.  I am sure it's happened before.

 

https://www.spectrum.com/policies/residential-terms.html

 

The terms require you to notify them within 30 days.  I'd investigate if a written inquiry is required, as simply phoning them may not protect your rights.

 

Have you made good on your bill (not the NSF fee, but the rest of it)?

Rookie

Re: Complaint - Billing and Service


dstoffa wrote:

metoo2 wrote:

 

Thank you for posting, but I think you missed the point of my post.    Yes USPS is not always reliable my point is how I got slammed with a $25.00 late charge fee for payment reversal from the local retail TWC Spectum store where my monthly will was paid.    It was there error for reversal EFT.    They didn't not process the check for EFT properly.    They better remove this late fee as it was their fault not mine.   I have the receipt which gives the receipt number, date, time showing balance $44.95 , paid $44.95,  balance Zero.      And lastly I have never carried over balances.


Well, if the associate at the Spectrum Store entered the incorrect Routing / Account number, then I would agree that THEY are on the hook for the NSF fee, which was probably drawn on a bank or account that doesn't exist - i.e. Rubber Check.

 

Their billing coding will automatically assess the late fee.  It has no idea that the bank account isn't yours.  It just thinks the check bounced.  I would look at the Terms of Service and the Disclosures to see who is on the hook for this.  I am sure their lawyers wrote the Terms so that they hold no liablility for mistakes or acts of god.  This might need to be arbitrated.  I don't think your situation would be breaking new ground.  I am sure it's happened before.

 

https://www.spectrum.com/policies/residential-terms.html

 

The terms require you to notify them within 30 days.  I'd investigate if a written inquiry is required, as simply phoning them may not protect your rights.

 

Have you made good on your bill (not the NSF fee, but the rest of it)?


I just received the bill yesterday and plan on paying for their error for last months payment less the arrouneous late fee charge as it was their error in processing.   Thanks for the link.

Newcomer

Re: Complaint - Billing and Service

I was charged two bills for one month and did not recieve my full refund. I had spoken with a representative 2 weeks prior and was told that I was going to receive two different credits back to my credit card and only recieved one. I am still out $59. Awful customer service within the billing department. I was under the impression that the billing representative to just wanted to prove me wrong. Very rude and would'nt listen to what I was trying to explain to her. I have auto pay set up to pay my bill everymonth. There is no reason why I was double charged (one charge costing more than my normal monthly bill amount). 

 

Currently looking into switching providers so that I can avoid issues like this...