Newcomer

Re: COMPLAINT - Bill Increase

[ Edited ]

I also am a loyal customer with TWC Signature Home.  My bill just went up over $50 a month.  I called two week ago to find out about any changes and I was informed that I was Grandfathered in since they don't offer the plan anymore.  I got a new bill today with the increase, when I called they said that I was getting a Premium channel deal because I was on Autopay with American Express.  As you probably know Amex switched to Citibank so I lost my deal even though I was not notified, I offered up another American Express card but they said it was to late they don't offer the deal anymore.   After an hour on the phone with them I was told any changes to my plan would void the Signature Home deal I had.  Since I have Whole House DVR that they don't offer anymore I am forced to pay over $300 a month for Cable, Phone and Internet.

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

@annglynn

I apologize for any poor experience.  Please contact us by private message at TWC_ForumsHelp.  Please include your account information and a contact number and we can have this issue looked into.  

James M.
^TWC - Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

Promotional prices, seriously? How about instead of bait-and-switching potential new customers you try to keep your existing loyal ones? Well, once-loyal. Thanks to your unending greed and willingness to alienate your customers even further I'll be finding another service provider. This latest price hike is my last straw. How much longer will you guys underhandedly nickle and dime your customers until you realize it isn't going to keep business up? There's a reason cable is down and instead of changing with the tides you're trying to drag down your customer base with you. I'll be spreading the word, there are better products availabe and new services on the horizon. You lost a loyal customer with your 'promotional' garbage. I hope you guys get your stuff together, you're not going to save your business model by doubling down on the (edited)

Called to speak with a representative a little while ago concerning increase in my bill. Disappointed that I cannot get someone who speaks clearly so that I could understand what was being explained. I am aware that I subscribed to the service under a promotion but if these prices are only going to continue to increase then my bill will be over $200 next year!! Not sure I will continue to do business with so much shadiness going on.
Newcomer

[ Edited ]

Yes, my promotional offer ended as well.  No notice of the 25% increase for the same service. Our community is looking into community broadband, I can't wait to get off TWC.

My TWC bill for the month of September was increased by $21.45 and by an additional $10.60 for the month of October.  I called customer service regarding this matter, the answer I was given was not to my satisfaction. So, I was transferred to the customer retention dept. The rep was able to lower my bill and he also informed me that EVERYTHING will remain the same.  I should have asked for an explanation of what is meant by "everything". However, he forgot to mention that I would not have the same channels that I had prior to the change.  I called back a few days later when I realize the error and explained the situation to the representative. She apologized for the inconvenience and proceeded to inform me that she would be able to add my channels back......wait for it........ for an additional cost. WHAT? I was both shocked and upset at the same time. I've been a TWC customer for almost 10 years and I think the merger/transition with this new company will cost them a lot of customers included me. 

DRU
N/A

I spoke yesterday to a customer service representative and then her supervisor.... my bill increased by $25 this month and I was told my current promotion had ended... but no one could answer this question... my last package included standard internet... my new package states extreme internet.... note: no change with the speed that I have noticed... I am now charged a $10 fee for ultimate 100 upgrade... I asked "what is that"? and was told it just is part of the internet package.... what???? I didn't ask for it.... no change is detected.... is this a scam by TWC?    my bill is ridicious.....

Lead Moderator

@DRU  It sounds like you are in one of our upgraded markets.

The name of the Standard Internet changed from Standard to Extreme.

Prior to the (free) speed upgrade the package contained speeds of 15x1 and 

was changed to 50x5. What was once called Turbo (upgrade) bumped 

up the speed from 15x1 to 20x2. In the upgraded markets this was 

renamed Ultimate 100 and provides 100x10.

If you would like me to verify that you are indeed in one of these markets I 

would be happy to do so.  

We can be contacted directly at TWC_ForumsHelp

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

yep and I have 10 at my store and go there to down load everything i need to down load because it works faster than 30 with time warner... makes no sense..

Rookie

brandRe: COMPLAINT - Bill Increase

[ Edited ]

LoL silly peons. Thinking TWC cares about you, or really even your money? They have the worst known brand in America so do they fix it?  Nope, they rebrand to Spectrum

TWC is one of the big 6 that own everything - complain away - try calling to complain about throttling.  Proven they do it, they will deny it - then after 40 mins suddenly it goes away....for maybe a few days or a week.

Yeah feel free to complain but the Media and Telecom is the most corrupt, except Banks (I am not naive), in the US> Obama just made the lobbyist for TWC, AT&T, and the other telecom companies the head of the FCC in spring...now they literally DO NOT NEED TO EVEN TRY>

And the extra fees will keep coming.  Think of this - they need 5% growth in revenue?  They add a regulatory fee that's 5%/  Done   you lose.