Observer

Re: COMPLAINT - Bill Increase

I totally agree in my area of upstate NY, TWC internet is a monopoly no one else offers internet so they charge what ever they want because TWC is very aware that in 2016 it's very difficult to manage without internet so they continue to take Advantage and some how the FCC does nothing but watch them cheat and steal from the public.
I refuse to sit around and watch this happen I've written the FCC and my congressman and will encourage others to do the same until we the public force a change. If we don't do something to change this TWC will continue to line their illegal pockets with billions of dollars
Rookie

Say this:
Internet is the Public Switched Telephone Network

of the 21st century. We need it like we needed phone a few generations ago.

Treat it like that was.

We no longer care much about phone, this is our new replacement.

Newcomer

My internet/cable bill went from $89.99 a month when I signed up 2 years ago to the now $159.88 a month.  That is a HUGE increase.!!!! Almost doubled.  And they have the audacity to put a commercial on T.V. making fun of Dish Network about their rate increases.  Well, they're calling the kettle black on this one.  Every few months my bill increases.  I can't afford any more than what I am paying now.  I ma a loyal customer who has never missed a payment.  This is my thanks.

Rookie

They worry more about new customers, than trying to keep there old customers.

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

I also am a loyal customer with TWC Signature Home.  My bill just went up over $50 a month.  I called two week ago to find out about any changes and I was informed that I was Grandfathered in since they don't offer the plan anymore.  I got a new bill today with the increase, when I called they said that I was getting a Premium channel deal because I was on Autopay with American Express.  As you probably know Amex switched to Citibank so I lost my deal even though I was not notified, I offered up another American Express card but they said it was to late they don't offer the deal anymore.   After an hour on the phone with them I was told any changes to my plan would void the Signature Home deal I had.  Since I have Whole House DVR that they don't offer anymore I am forced to pay over $300 a month for Cable, Phone and Internet.

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

@annglynn

I apologize for any poor experience.  Please contact us by private message at TWC_ForumsHelp.  Please include your account information and a contact number and we can have this issue looked into.  

James M.
^TWC - Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

Promotional prices, seriously? How about instead of bait-and-switching potential new customers you try to keep your existing loyal ones? Well, once-loyal. Thanks to your unending greed and willingness to alienate your customers even further I'll be finding another service provider. This latest price hike is my last straw. How much longer will you guys underhandedly nickle and dime your customers until you realize it isn't going to keep business up? There's a reason cable is down and instead of changing with the tides you're trying to drag down your customer base with you. I'll be spreading the word, there are better products availabe and new services on the horizon. You lost a loyal customer with your 'promotional' garbage. I hope you guys get your stuff together, you're not going to save your business model by doubling down on the (edited)

Called to speak with a representative a little while ago concerning increase in my bill. Disappointed that I cannot get someone who speaks clearly so that I could understand what was being explained. I am aware that I subscribed to the service under a promotion but if these prices are only going to continue to increase then my bill will be over $200 next year!! Not sure I will continue to do business with so much shadiness going on.
Newcomer

[ Edited ]

Yes, my promotional offer ended as well.  No notice of the 25% increase for the same service. Our community is looking into community broadband, I can't wait to get off TWC.

My TWC bill for the month of September was increased by $21.45 and by an additional $10.60 for the month of October.  I called customer service regarding this matter, the answer I was given was not to my satisfaction. So, I was transferred to the customer retention dept. The rep was able to lower my bill and he also informed me that EVERYTHING will remain the same.  I should have asked for an explanation of what is meant by "everything". However, he forgot to mention that I would not have the same channels that I had prior to the change.  I called back a few days later when I realize the error and explained the situation to the representative. She apologized for the inconvenience and proceeded to inform me that she would be able to add my channels back......wait for it........ for an additional cost. WHAT? I was both shocked and upset at the same time. I've been a TWC customer for almost 10 years and I think the merger/transition with this new company will cost them a lot of customers included me.