Rookie

Re: COMPLAINT - Bill Increase

Same complaint here.  In one month the bill jumped from 157 to 190.  Called and told I'm lucky because that 190 really is for 375 worth of TWC goodness.  Was initially told I could upgrade by getting another movie channel and they'd give me a new DVR box.  Needed to check with my AV installer to see if it would work. 

Called back lack and was told they could sell me a lesser package for 187.  Wow.  Saving all of 3.  Told them about the prior conversation.   They said it never happened.  Guess I may just have to complain to the FCC the states public utility commission and the consumer protection section of the AGs office. 

Newcomer

Bill Increase Complaint!

I called and spoke with a service rep today as I am moving and will need my service moved to my new home.   I assumed this would be easy, but I couldn't have been more wrong.   After the rep taking all of my information and giving me a time they would be at my new house, he then proceeded to tell me that there will be a $20 fee.....then all of a sudden another $40.00 fee....$60 just to move my service and I already have all the equipment and am paying all kinds of equipment fees....seriously?!  Anyway, apparently my current "bundle" (tv, internet and phone - which I've had for 3 years) isn't worded correctly in the system so it's showing I will have to pay a fee.  He says he will fix that and put the bundle in correctly.  I'm thinking okay great, awesome.......he adjusts and then tells me that I will need to call back to get another rep to put back in my monthly credits so that my bill will continue to come out the same - he notates all of this on my account.   A few hours later I am able to call TWC back and have them read the notes so that my bill is once again reading properly.  WELL wouldn't you know it, the new rep isn't able to give me those credits with that pricing?!!!   Okay, that pricing was just given to me a few months ago so how is that all of a sudden that pricing isn't good - it wasn't even a year??!  OMG these people make my blood boil.  To top it off it's going to raise my bill $45 a month....which puts me at $165 per month.  Oh hell no!  I'm a good customer!  I have service at my home and at our family business.. Let me tell you after that fiasco they lost my business.   I'm going with DirectTV.....I can get a better bundle than I have now for half of that and I don't pay any monthly fees on the equipment and I can get equipment for all the bedrooms (I only have service in the living room currently!)  Also guaranteed pricing for 2 years!  It's just ridiculous to me that they would rather lose your business than try to do what they can to make sure you are happy.   Adios TWC - you lost another customer. On a side note I was given the option to downgrade to lower my bill.......are you freaking kidding me?   Unbelieveable!!!!   Great Job TWC Customer Service.   BTW I am a business owner so I am fully aware of the art of customer service and doing what you can to make the customer happy!  Lifelong customers that way.....SMH  Super DIsappointed.

Expert

Re: Bill Increase Complaint!

[ Edited ]

There are no promo bundles that run for more than a year.  Sounds like it ran out.

Best bet is to cancel and pay for the service at the old addy and get a new contract for the new one.

Be advised, there will be no more of the current bundles offered after sometime in Sept by TWC, it will be charter/spectrums then.

They have announced there will be fewer packages and supposedly less confusion.

Only prices are $60/mo for 60/6 internet and $100 /mo for 100/6 internet with no modem rental fees

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

The bundle price I was currently at couldn't have run out as it had only been a couple of months since I received it - it had not been a year (I stated that in my OP).   Account is paid up....I move next week.  I have already contacted DirectTV who will be installing and then I will cancel my current TWC service....definitely not going through that again.

Expert

[ Edited ]

Eqt rentals and a couple premiums went up in March, nothing since then.. good luck getting an answer from TWC as there is no fixed prices and is supposedly getting eliminated by Charter/Spectrum.

Newcomer

yeah they couldn't come up with anything yesterday (on the phone with them for 35 minutes) other than they could downgrade my current package and keep my bill close to the same....seriously?!   I'm just over it....they don't have good customer service is all there is to it.  

Sorry to hear about the poor experience, @khernandez.  We ask that you please private message the account information to us at this link so we may have this addressed.

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

Regards,
Jeremiah S.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Check out the community guidelines here
Newcomer

[ Edited ]

I called to complain about my bill being to high there was nothing the rep could do so I was put over to customer solutions the woman got my bill down I asked her if that was for a year she said yes well the next months bill was back up to what it was so I called again the rep again couldn't do anything again I was put over to customer solutions this time I got someone named joe ( if that was his real name) well he didn't know what the girl a week before to get me to the price promised so he offered me less services at more money so I put my husband on because we wanted the services we had at the price promised you know every rep that I talked to said there was no documentation that that first call took place he was suppose to check on that and call me back well he never called back and lied to me so finnally I went to the store and the woman named Karen that took care of us was great she cleared up the mess that was created we didn't get the price that we were promised but it was close  we were upgraded to a new DvR box and we kept the same services we had and got two movie channels all for a year we have to pay a little more but the good service made it better.the way I was treated on the phone and Internet no one should be treated like that from now on when I have a problem I'm going to the store instead of live chat or phone

[ Edited ]

I am sorry to hear you have had such a frustrating, upsetting experience.

If you will please contact us directly @ TWC_ForumsHelp

Please do include your account number, verification of your service address and any additional details you would like for us to have regarding your experiences in trying to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Frank G.
Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Valued Participant

Finally, an honest to goodness frank reply. I had to go through the same throes all day today on the phone. Finally, after calling back just to ask about one of my billing things, the guy Xavier, goes, oh I can get you a better rate than that and you can keep your phone. What gives, why did I have to go through all that. They must have some way they can get around the pricing, believe me I have proof, which I am saving for my PSC letter, RD