Observer

Re: COMPLAINT - Bill Increase

The latest update!

I received a private message from the forums administrator asking me to provide my call-back number and a convenient time at which I could be contacted. I sent this information yesterday with the date and time I initially spoke with a TWC customer service rep. I politely suggested that TWC might use these facts to identify the person who promised me a monthly bill of roughly $100.00 and then neglected to notate my account.

Today, I received another private message informing me that my information has been forwarded for investigation. Really? What is there to possibly investigate? The situation is crystal clear: I was lied to -- twice. 

I've decided to wait until the end of this week to see what apples they can shake out of the tree. If a satisfactory resolution has not been offered by then I will go elsewhere.

Rookie

Ran into the same issue.  Rate went up and I was told to drop services.  I said fine, get rid of my phone...they told me cancelling the $49 phone package, which I don't use at all, would not result in any savings.  I would have to cut channels and get rid of my DVR....

Genius!

Observer

[ Edited ]

Of course, Verizon FIOs service is not available in my area (zip code 90035) and the only other service provider is AT&T. I would rather stick needles in my eyes before signing a contract with them. Their least expensive plan is almost as much as I'm paying now with TWC. This is a perfect example of an oligopoly: several business entities dominating an industry. It leaves the consumer with limited or no alternative choices and enables these companies to assume a "take it or leave it" attitude. One would think that the government might take an interest in forcing these commercial ISPs to either break up or widen their existing services.

ARS Technica.com ran an interesting article on June 10, 2016 entitled "How much do ISPs hate competition? They'll sue the FCC to prevent it." 

Observer

[ Edited ]
After all the issues I've had after just being a TWC customer for 5 days and reading constant problems other customers experience. I contacted my congressman and the FCC. I hope many others do the same it's nice to vent on a site like this but we all know nothing will change until the government finally stops this price gouging, intentionally misleading advertising and apparently no way to hold employees accountable for conversation with customers telephonically.
Rookie

Same complaint here.  In one month the bill jumped from 157 to 190.  Called and told I'm lucky because that 190 really is for 375 worth of TWC goodness.  Was initially told I could upgrade by getting another movie channel and they'd give me a new DVR box.  Needed to check with my AV installer to see if it would work. 

Called back lack and was told they could sell me a lesser package for 187.  Wow.  Saving all of 3.  Told them about the prior conversation.   They said it never happened.  Guess I may just have to complain to the FCC the states public utility commission and the consumer protection section of the AGs office. 

Newcomer

Bill Increase Complaint!

I called and spoke with a service rep today as I am moving and will need my service moved to my new home.   I assumed this would be easy, but I couldn't have been more wrong.   After the rep taking all of my information and giving me a time they would be at my new house, he then proceeded to tell me that there will be a $20 fee.....then all of a sudden another $40.00 fee....$60 just to move my service and I already have all the equipment and am paying all kinds of equipment fees....seriously?!  Anyway, apparently my current "bundle" (tv, internet and phone - which I've had for 3 years) isn't worded correctly in the system so it's showing I will have to pay a fee.  He says he will fix that and put the bundle in correctly.  I'm thinking okay great, awesome.......he adjusts and then tells me that I will need to call back to get another rep to put back in my monthly credits so that my bill will continue to come out the same - he notates all of this on my account.   A few hours later I am able to call TWC back and have them read the notes so that my bill is once again reading properly.  WELL wouldn't you know it, the new rep isn't able to give me those credits with that pricing?!!!   Okay, that pricing was just given to me a few months ago so how is that all of a sudden that pricing isn't good - it wasn't even a year??!  OMG these people make my blood boil.  To top it off it's going to raise my bill $45 a month....which puts me at $165 per month.  Oh hell no!  I'm a good customer!  I have service at my home and at our family business.. Let me tell you after that fiasco they lost my business.   I'm going with DirectTV.....I can get a better bundle than I have now for half of that and I don't pay any monthly fees on the equipment and I can get equipment for all the bedrooms (I only have service in the living room currently!)  Also guaranteed pricing for 2 years!  It's just ridiculous to me that they would rather lose your business than try to do what they can to make sure you are happy.   Adios TWC - you lost another customer. On a side note I was given the option to downgrade to lower my bill.......are you freaking kidding me?   Unbelieveable!!!!   Great Job TWC Customer Service.   BTW I am a business owner so I am fully aware of the art of customer service and doing what you can to make the customer happy!  Lifelong customers that way.....SMH  Super DIsappointed.

Expert

Re: Bill Increase Complaint!

[ Edited ]

There are no promo bundles that run for more than a year.  Sounds like it ran out.

Best bet is to cancel and pay for the service at the old addy and get a new contract for the new one.

Be advised, there will be no more of the current bundles offered after sometime in Sept by TWC, it will be charter/spectrums then.

They have announced there will be fewer packages and supposedly less confusion.

Only prices are $60/mo for 60/6 internet and $100 /mo for 100/6 internet with no modem rental fees

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

The bundle price I was currently at couldn't have run out as it had only been a couple of months since I received it - it had not been a year (I stated that in my OP).   Account is paid up....I move next week.  I have already contacted DirectTV who will be installing and then I will cancel my current TWC service....definitely not going through that again.

Expert

[ Edited ]

Eqt rentals and a couple premiums went up in March, nothing since then.. good luck getting an answer from TWC as there is no fixed prices and is supposedly getting eliminated by Charter/Spectrum.

Newcomer

yeah they couldn't come up with anything yesterday (on the phone with them for 35 minutes) other than they could downgrade my current package and keep my bill close to the same....seriously?!   I'm just over it....they don't have good customer service is all there is to it.