Newcomer

Re: COMPLAINT - Bill Increase

Their customer satifaction rate is an astonishing 52% one of the lowest in the country. Shop around leave them behind! You can get better deals and much better service. There is no reason to stay with a company that does this.

Newcomer

TWC did train their employees to be exactly what you complained about. Do a google youtube search and see. You can buy an antenna for your tv and get many channels it would only cost you for the entena. Many dont realise that they are being charged for something they dont need and if you have the net you can watch anything you want. TWC is all about the $$ & it's beyond obvious the customer is a $ sign nothing more. I have three more days with them and then I am gone for good.

Newcomer

PS You can file a complaint with FCC etc about this. Also everything you said a former emplyee said that is the way they do things See YouTube vids on it do a search. Also research and see the complaints mirror yours to a tee when it comes to lying. There is also a vid on YouTube where a guy calls live and we see all the lies & tricks unfold in real time. I think it was called Time Warner hell or bs Do a search. They seriously suck leave them that is your best bet

Newcomer

Buy an antenna for your T.V where you can watch up to 20 channels depending on your area drop cable all together Stick with the internet You can also connect internet to your tv You can watch everything online TWC plays games all the time

Observer

You can add me to the long list of dissatisfied customers! My monthly bill is $169.21 which includes "Surf N View" (standard TV and Extreme Internet; requires a subscription to 1 Video Tier);  TV services (Variety Pass; HD-DVR Set-Top Box and Remote; and DVR Service); and internet ("Ultimate 100 Upgrade" and internet Modem Lease). I spoke with a customer service representative on June 28, 2016 because I could no longer justify paying so much money given the limited amount of time I watch TV. The representative was helpful and polite, and she was able to lower my monthly bill to approximately $100.00 without altering my existing services. I was told that this adjustment would be reflected in the next billing cycle. On Monday, I received a statement dated July 27, 2016 in the amount of $169.21! I immediately contacted a customer service representative and gave the preceding explanation. I was told that there had not been any notations made to my account since April, 2016; no changes had been made to any of my services; and there was no record of the 10-minute phone conversation I had on June 28, 2016 during which I was promised a lower monthly rate. The customer service representative appeared to have limited knowledge of TWC's plan options; after 25 minutes she still hadn't figured out how to lower my bill in any way that would be significant to me, and I ended the conversation at that point. I need Time Warner to understand the blunt fact that I do not appreciate tactics of this nature, particularly when I have been a long-term, loyal customer who has never had a delinquent payment. I plan to discuss this matter with a manager at my local Verizon store. Unless I receive the monthly rate and services that I was promised in June, I will close my TWC account and give my business to a company that values ethics and rewards customer loyalty.  

Lead Moderator

@mrscudderB22  I am sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience. 

We would be happy to have this looked into for you. If you will please contact

us directly at TWC_ForumsHelp

If you will please include your account number we can get started.

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Observer

Hi Julia.

The sheer number of identical complaints on this website rules out the possibility that my experience is unique. It seems quite clear that TWC adheres to and, in fact, promotes among its customer service employees some rather unsavory business practices. These include unannounced rate changes; failing to update customer accounts to reflect service changes that were discussed and mutually agreed to by phone; and various other tactics that have been documented in overwhelming detail by other affected customers. As I stated in my original post, the solution is plain and simple: Either TWC will adjust my account to reflect the monthly service charge of $100.00 without changes to any of the current account features or I will take my business elsewhere. I will provide my account information separately at TWC ForumsHelp. Many thanks.

Participant

I agree, mrscudder.  Complaints about TWC's billing practices are all over the map.  In my case, I dread next month: when my bill is predicted to be raised by around 20% -- unless I degrade myself with extensive phone calls to TWC and beg for relief.  This has been an annual, shameful  event.  Many people don't bother and end up paying the price increases, and TWC knows that.

Observer

If it's available I your area look into Verizon Fios. If we start banning together time warner will no longer be able to take advantage of its customers. I'm from a small town so time warner is a monopoly where I live because if they are the only was providing Internet, a huge problem in itself
Newcomer

yep. encountering same experience myself after being a loyal customer. Promotions are used to increase monthly service on top of ever increasing taxes and surcharges. Went from paying under a $100 for standard tv and internet to now paying $145 after taxes and fees. They're all in it together, TWC, ATT, Verizon, and whoever else.  Yes...greedy, greedy, greedy.  They keep increasing and giving less in return.