Established Sharer

Re: COMPLAINT - Bill Increase

Our bills do show the breakdown of the package/prices.

Not really.  What the bill shows is the name of the promotion and which individual services are included in the bundle price.  It does not itemize the reduced prices of each item making up the bundle.  And the retail price list only shows the prices of individual services, no bundle prices.

Lead Moderator

[ Edited ]

Sorry for any confusion. 

A bundle is sold as a combination of items. 

If you were to break up the bundle you will not receive the discounted price for the individual item. 

The retail rates page shows what the prices are when a services are not 

sold as a package.

Much like if you purchase a gift basket of lotions and bath products, 

you pay a certain price for the basket that contains those items.

If you gathered up all of those items and paid for them individually the overall cost would be different, in  most cases, significantly more. 

If any of our customers would like to discuss the exact breakdown of what makes

their bundle the price it is, we would be happy to go over that with them.

We can be reached directly at TWC_ForumsHelp

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Newcomer

COMPLAINT - Bill Increase

I have a very bad experience is that I use TWC for about many years. My service is standard Internet, which increased from $44 to $55 per month last year because twc told me my promotion expired. And then same time this year, it increased to $69 per month and told me my promotion expired again! So now I am paying $69 per month just for standard serive? I saw on your website the service is $34 per month. How could the price keep increasing every year??!

[ Edited ]

My apologies for the poor experience, @Ever.  Our promotions do come in 12 month periods.  When those promotions expire, we apply the next available promotion for you at the time that expires.  While the rate does increase, it is still being discounted from the retail rate.  You may view the retail rates here.  If you would like to discuss your options to lower your monthly rate, you may reach us at 800-892-4357 to see what might be available to you.

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

Regards,
Jeremiah S.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Check out the community guidelines here
Newcomer

[ Edited ]

As I remembered, last year I talked with your customer service representative, she told me I can upgrade my cable service to Turbo so I can pay $55 for Turbo internet not standard. I told her I'd like to keep the same even though I need to pay more. So there should be no promotion. I don' t even know where the second promotion came from and what's that for. And I still use standard Internet right now.

OK after take a look at your price form, if that's the original price it should be then I'll accept it. Thanks for help!

Newcomer

Time Warner has won worst customer satifaction award a couple of years in a row and we are talking out of MANY corporations outside of cable. If you research you will see why, today I called to have some things done before I leave them for good & the phone disconnected THREE times. Then when I went online to read complaints I saw this.

" Time Warner puts you through a convoluted phone labyrinth on which when you finally make it to the right representative, the call fails. It has been 4 times of phone failures, pretty sure they just hang up on you"

I dont see it as a coincidence I was on a promo and they raised my rate $20 for 30mbps I have been with them for THREE years in NY and 12 years in Florida A total of 15 years! They wont give me the service with my old "fair" rate so they can take a long walk on a short plank. I signed with Verizon for 50mbps for $10 less with much better speed. The rate will go up in a year but is still a MUCH better deal I suggest shopping around and leaving them They are a terrible company they are everything that is wrong with a corporation even donating to politcians so they can control the net and screw people over. I feel bad for thier employees who are taught to play games, lie & decieve and you can do a YouTube search & see vids of former employees speaking about their hell while wrking for the very corrupt Time Warner I will NEVER use their service ever again

"

Newcomer

Their customer satifaction rate is an astonishing 52% one of the lowest in the country. Shop around leave them behind! You can get better deals and much better service. There is no reason to stay with a company that does this.

Newcomer

TWC did train their employees to be exactly what you complained about. Do a google youtube search and see. You can buy an antenna for your tv and get many channels it would only cost you for the entena. Many dont realise that they are being charged for something they dont need and if you have the net you can watch anything you want. TWC is all about the $$ & it's beyond obvious the customer is a $ sign nothing more. I have three more days with them and then I am gone for good.

Newcomer

PS You can file a complaint with FCC etc about this. Also everything you said a former emplyee said that is the way they do things See YouTube vids on it do a search. Also research and see the complaints mirror yours to a tee when it comes to lying. There is also a vid on YouTube where a guy calls live and we see all the lies & tricks unfold in real time. I think it was called Time Warner hell or bs Do a search. They seriously suck leave them that is your best bet

Newcomer

Buy an antenna for your T.V where you can watch up to 20 channels depending on your area drop cable all together Stick with the internet You can also connect internet to your tv You can watch everything online TWC plays games all the time