Valued Contributor

Re: COMPLAINT - Bill Increase

You people act like a bunch of entitled children. Do you honestly THINK TWC can keep giving you the same price for things you have had for 3+ years? TWC is a business not a charity guys, they need to make money to keep themselves running just like you need money to pay bills.

Try going into a retail store or better yet a fast food chain and ask them to give you the same amount of food for what you had paid for it 10 years ago. They'll think you're crazy or ignorant. Companies change their prices, DEAL WITH IT. Grow up people.
Newcomer

For those with just "internet standard package" is it possible to own the existing twc old cable modem that has worked so well for me so far. I have had it for quite a few years with no trouble and is still ticking!!. 

Lead Moderator

We do not rent to own or sell the modems that we deploy. More than likely 

you are paying for a lease on this equipment. You are not obligated to do this, 

as you may have read here, many of our customers like to use with own equipment.

You can see a list of approved modems here Compatible Modem List

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Browser

[ Edited ]

Anon2020 , your examples don't apply because this is a service not something that one must have to survive such as food . Let me give YOU a better example , when I got my first cell phone I paid for minutes .everyone did ,and often the bill became quite high, this was over 15 years ago , as time has went on most cell plans have become unlimited for a flat rate so bills have got lower not higher , my cell bill is now less than what twc wants for phone service and it is unlimited , my cell bill has not increased in the last 5 years in fact it has gotten $10 cheaper and has not changed in the past 3 years . Auto insurance is another great example , the longer you are insured the lower your bill becomes , I have progressive and they lower the bill after two years and so on . Not increase it 

Please explain to me why us twc customers have to pay for this type of mismanagement and these strong arm tactics on twc's part .

Browser

[ Edited ]

Here is my take on this whole issue 

I understand this is a business with operating costs just like any other business . Here lies the problem 

twc uses whatever tactics neccisary to get a rate increase every year . Now most people have a budget they need to stick to , some peoples budget is more than others but there is still a budget . By trying to force people to go over their budget this is what happens. 

The customer is forced to cancel services and downgrade , those services that were canceled were  guarrented revenue that is now lost .on top of this someone must be dispatched to the residence to unhook those services from the pole . This cost even more , the price of the tech . Now comes the billing errors and adjustments . For me I have about 9 hours on the phone and in live chat getting this sorted , I did not do it alone , twc pays the reps I was talking to so add on that cost . Of course all of this leaves the customer dissatisfied so they are not telling friends and family how great it is . Now if this happens on a large scale and looking at the complaints in this forum and in this thread it is , this translates into a larger marketing and advertising budget for twc to try and get back lost revenue 

in my case the increase was $84/year but by forcing me to terminate services they have now lost $540/year plus the additional costs mentioned above ., the tech for the disconnect, the rep for the billing , I'm sure the rep and tech cost more than the increase they wanted

to me this just isn't smart business , your bascly shooting yourself in the foot .do this every year and the ditch you dig for your self can get pretty big since you will have to ask for larger increases and look for new ways to try and make up for lost revenue and as a result more will be forced to downgrade and more revenue lost and more operating costs . What a vicious cycle that is . This is why I said mismanagement in the previous post 

but there is a solution to this problem .

its really very simple , stop forcing the rate increase . And as a result twc keeps making that guaranteed revenue .these customers already know how to use the service so less tech support =less operating costs . Since the bill never changes there are no billing issues that have to be constantly sorted so fewer reps needed = less operating costs . And the customer is happy since he didn't have to downgrade = more word of mouth advertising =smaller marketing and advertising budget = less overhead . It is a win / win for everyone 

why am am I posting this ? Because I like twc's service , I didn't want to have to downgrade and I don't think anyone does . But someone is not seeing the big picture here 

maybe I should change my name  to Captian Obvious AverageGuy 

Newcomer

I can't stand the constant price hikes and run around BS that they give their paying customers. Prices go up because of poor business tactics and the fact that it is not the way to watch tv or talk on the phone anymore. Dinosaur technology. We just use our cell phones and stream tv instead (watching ONLY what we want to watch with almost zero commercials) and pay far less than time warners package deals. I hope they eventually go down in flames.
Newcomer

Yeah my montly bill is 193$ per month now. It use to be 145$. If that increases one more time, Im dropping time warner also. Ive been a loyal customer for the past 9 years, Paying on time every month.

After all these years, the only thing that has gotten better is the On Demand channels.
The channels themselves? Man, they marathon the crap out of their shows. Please!
These tax hikes will only drop the loyal customers. Let the price rise one more time, I'll find another internet service and use Netflix like everyone else my age.
N/A

I have been a customer of TW on and off for close to 20yrs now. I have to say it has always been a dissapoinment...always. I had to use TW becuase where I moved they were the only option. I got the extreme internet with Wifi included. The tech who installed everything informed me that since I got the extreme I would be bumped up to the 200 once they upgraged my area at no additional cost. Now there is an additional cost my bill seems to get larger and I tried to reduce my bill by going to just extreme internet. Well as you would guess sure we can help you with that but you will lose your free wifi. But you can choose to pay for an additional 4.95 a month. But sir you got the 100 pakage and save 10 whole dollars. Or I can move up to get TV Phone and Internet and save nothing but i get more...cause god knows I need a home phone line. 

I had Grande for 3yrs. They had a great promtion 6 months my bill was very small after that my bill went to normal price 50mbps worked my wifi everything My bill did not go up had them for 3yrs freaking awsome. I has TW before them TW was more expensive for the same service. I miss Grande...they were awsome 

TW all you need to do is just be honest and upfront. Even if your more expensive even if we have no choice but to pay for this and pay for that and we know that you are going to charge us X amount for a certain service it helps a lot. Your upfront with your customers works wonders. I spoke to one of your customer service guys whish i wrote his name down. Was helpful tried to offer me different options I had to appologize to him saying its not is fault. It was just his companies fault. I cant wait to move and Im going to move somewhere where there are options. They always say the grass is not always greener. But let me say this in years I have used TW I have been lucky to use other companies when i had to move. The grass was really green there. Im just a customer one that you dont care about. Your TW CABLE one custoer out of millions who am I right? Be honest guys is that to much to ask?

JB3
Newcomer

Just received my bill and the price went from 179.00 to 203.00 (TV -Internet and Phone, phone I never used but it "came with the package"). Called to see if I could get it reduced and after 5 minutes of the representative joyfully checking all the promotions and putting me on hold numerous times during our discourse I was bluntly told it was the best price, (unless I wanted to reduce service). She told me it was over 400.00 dollars worth of VALUE for 203.00 dollars (really?). Was also told her answer was final and there was no one else to talk to. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

AverageGuy wrote:

Here is my take on this whole issue; 

I understand this is a business with operating costs just like any other business . Here lies the problem: TWC uses whatever tactics neccesary to get a rate increase every year. Now most people have a budget they need to stick to, some peoples' budget is more than others but there is still a budget. By trying to force people to go over their budget this is what happens.The customer is forced to cancel services and downgrade, those services that were cancelled were guarranteed revenue that is now lost. On top of this someone must be dispatched to the residence to unhook those services from the pole. This cost even more; the price of the tech. Now comes the billing errors and adjustments. For me I have about 9 hours on the phone and in live chat getting this sorted, I did not do it alone, twc pays the reps I was talking to so add on that cost. Of course all of this leaves the customer dissatisfied so they are not telling friends and family how great it is. Now if this happens on a large scale and looking at the complaints in this forum and in this thread it is, this translates into a larger marketing and advertising budget for twc to try and get back lost revenue.

In my case the increase was $84/year but by forcing me to terminate services they have now lost $540/year plus the additional costs mentioned above; the tech for the disconnect, the rep for the billing, I'm sure the rep and tech cost more than the increase they wanted. To me this just isn't smart business, you're basically shooting yourself in the foot. Do this every year and the ditch you dig for your self can get pretty big since you will have to ask for larger increases and look for new ways to try and make up for lost revenue and as a result more will be forced to downgrade and more revenue lost and more operating costs. What a vicious cycle that is. This is why I said mismanagement in the previous post 

But there is a solution to this problem.

Its really very simple: stop forcing the rate increase. And as a result twc keeps making that guaranteed revenue. These customers already know how to use the service so less tech support = less operating costs. Since the bill never changes there are no billing issues that have to be constantly sorted so fewer reps needed = less operating costs. And the customer is happy since he didn't have to downgrade = more word of mouth advertising = smaller marketing and advertising budget = less overhead. It is a win / win for everyone. 

Why am am I posting this? Because I like TWC's service, I didn't want to have to downgrade and I don't think anyone does. But someone is not seeing the big picture here.

maybe I should change my name  to Captian Obvious AverageGuy 

You are implying that TWC is the ONLY company who raises their rates. EVERY company does this. I don't get why people don't understand this. But I digress, I am not here to give a shrewd response about the complaints like I did.

Here is how this issue can be solve... and all we have to do is look at Kansas City.

This wonderful place has laws that strictly make it ILLEGAL to have ANY form of monpolozation, and I mean at the regional level to be specific. The FCC ignores when places like TWC have a major lock down on small regional areas where they are one of maybe two providers or even they are the only provider because 'as long as they don't hold a NATIONWIDE monopoly who gives a    ' Kansas City rates for new people are MASSIVELY discounted because of... drum roll please... REAL COMPETITION; FREE MARKET COMPETITION.

How do I know this? I have a good friend who lives there and for brand new customers they can get JUST STANDARD INT for 24.99/mo with TWC compared to 34.99/39.99 for EVERYWHERE ELSE. How can that be? Obviously because they have to work harder to win people over because there are so many competitors available to them they have no choice but to compete. Which is how it SHOULD work everywhere.

So want to get them to make thier service better? Find a way to get more areas to have this kind of set up to allow real free market competition to take place. Because of the lack of that we have the problems we do now. It's not because of TWC raising prices or paying more money for advertising. It's the fact that since most areas they service do not have ANY real form of competition so they get away with this, and they WILL get away with it because the FCC turns a blind eye.

Oh and it would help that the major broadcasters stop forcing companies to pay overly huge amounts of money to just have the right to show their channel when you can get those channels FREE.