Newcomer

Re: COMPLAINT - Bill Increase

this place is a joke i pay my bill on the 3rd of the month called to set it up this rude lady says i cant do it anymore well i dont have a choice thats when i get paid  im on disabilitysince ending up in a wheel chair so im going to direct tv and they can shove it and i hope everyone else leaves to. aqnd the prices are more then they were.

Biggest rip off they hit my checking account several times the money that was owed I paid in the office so I o them nothing but each time they try my account it caoust me 25 $ I'm now I've 100 .00 in fees at my bank and they won't credit me or nothing and they gave my info to another company n they try to get the money as well my account is -280 smh
Newcomer

Time warner is a joke. My bill was 50 dollars when I first signed up. Gradually through the year I noticed an increase in my bill then BOOM my bill is 30 dollars more a month. When I called for an explination I got some crappy excuse stating they have increased rates after a year. Oh you do!! Wow that would have been nice to know a year ago!! A 30 dollar increased rate!? Not to mention my service has cut out on multiple occasions. My bill is now almost 80 dollars this month and they refuse to help me. I asked the sales woman to send me this so called copy of the letter they sent to all of their clients stating the rates go up after a year and guess what.....their not allowed to send two copies to a client. So you sent me a letter stating my rates going up, I never received it and when I ask for proof, your not allowed to send me another copy. OK. I am one pissed customer. How can you jack someone's bill up 30 dollars! I better get a car wash and a trip to Spain with that rate.....THANKS TIME WARNER...I mean SPECTRUM.
Sharer

Kristiohara wrote:
Time warner is a joke. My bill was 50 dollars when I first signed up. Gradually through the year I noticed an increase in my bill then BOOM my bill is 30 dollars more a month. When I called for an explination I got some crappy excuse stating they have increased rates after a year. Oh you do!! Wow that would have been nice to know a year ago!! A 30 dollar increased rate!? Not to mention my service has cut out on multiple occasions. My bill is now almost 80 dollars this month and they refuse to help me. I asked the sales woman to send me this so called copy of the letter they sent to all of their clients stating the rates go up after a year and guess what.....their not allowed to send two copies to a client. So you sent me a letter stating my rates going up, I never received it and when I ask for proof, your not allowed to send me another copy. OK. I am one pissed customer. How can you jack someone's bill up 30 dollars! I better get a car wash and a trip to Spain with that rate.....THANKS TIME WARNER...I mean SPECTRUM.

My parents subscribe to Optimum, and have a triple play that runs them ~$140 per month.

Their bill actually states at the top, "Your promotional bundle rate ends 12/15/2017", and for each section of the triple play, it states that there is a $29.90, $25.00, $4.95, and $20.00 credit for the promotion, and advises that they are saving $79.85 per month.  Of course, this ends at the end of the year, and who knows what they'll need to do in order to get the cost back down.

I guess some companies are better at breaking down the pricing than others.

The price increases aren't the only problem - it's the fact that you cannot lower your bill by downgrading services.  I understand the promotional price game, but when it's up and I need to get my bill back into my budgeted amount, I should be able to eliminate things to bring my bill down.  Eliminating channels or services INCREASES your bill.  And now that Spectrum is involved, there is no choice to move to a lower TWC package - you only have the option to downgrade to a Spectrum package with less services and channels for more money.

Newcomer

I have been a customer of TWC (Now Spectrum, or whatever!) since 1992...my bill just increased in January with "Starter TV" fee going from $7 to $20...and their explanation...because of the area you are in...what does that mean?  They didn't even notify us the rate would be going up...so I guess it's seriously time to start looking at the other options in our "area".

Rookie

I tried to get rid of my landline to save some money and time warner changed all my pricings to recoup the loss.  This month they framed the preferred tv into individual categories to disguise the fact that they raised it by $11 this month. 

It's a shell game. 

First they told me my bill would be 118.23 every month now she's telling me 158.65 due to sports channel that I don't even watch then told me I will be getting charges for monthly reconnection fees even if your device never got disconnected also getting charged for Showtime and to which the channel don't even come in I am very upset about this and the representative I talk to was rude and non chalont about it I asked her so why am I getting charged for sports channels that I don't even watch that makes no since so I want to cancel those channels she tells me no I can't and then the attitude so I hung up on her you are a cable company you are supposed to make sure your Customers are satisfied this is ridiculous for these increases and fees be truthful about what you are promoting

Yes - they increased my bill by a similar margin.   This should not be legal.   I reduced my services and I'm still paying more.  You know that there are shady business practices when existing customers cannot see their price options.   $69 for home internet service?   They are pricing like the monopoly they are.   Prices  for internet service are much less in areas where there is more than one provider

Newcomer

Long-time auto-paying customer - Spectrum decided to raise  my already mediocre internet rate and when called to request a $5 discount they told me to be happy rate hike wasn't more.  I've filed a complaint with the FCC, there was no notice given of any rate hike they just decided to try and sneak it in to see if anybody would pay rather than question it.  Thieves.