Re: COMPLAINT - Bill Increase

Sorry JuliaR  but I draw the line when the cost goes over $40 per month. You weren't honost about either promotional rates. I am going to turn off my internet next month and go with a limited internet with the cellular provider T-Mobile. Consider this my last month with TWC.

Sharer

I need my internet for a my  small business .  I need the phone service , because i am in a dead area and cell phone service is nill . WHat do i do now ? 

Here's what I did over 2 years ago to reduce my bill from almost $200 a month to $60 a month.  It might work for you, too.  I was on a "Triple Play" package of Standard Internet (15/1), Standard TV (no special packages or premium channels) and Home Phone.  I turned in the TV equipment and dropped the Home Phone (went to MagicJack at roughly $40 per YEAR, there are other inexpensive "Voice Over IP" telephone services to choose from), so I just have Standard Internet left at the retail rate of $59.99 per month.  I use an indoor antenna to pick up the 4 over the air TV stations that do not require a tall roof-mounted antenna in my area (the local CBS affiliate being the only one I care about).  The over the air signal quality is far superior to what I was getting over the cable, the difference was surprising, but very welcome.  If you "must" have some of the other cable/satellite channels, you might want to look into Sling TV at $20 or $25 per month.

Unsurprisingly, TWC was not interested in trying to lower my bill or address any of my problems with their "services", to this day they send me at least 2 letters per month offering a $89.99 "Triple Play" promotion, nominally good for a year, with an "actual price" approaching $110 per month when you add in the extra fees and taxes.  I rode that bull already, TWC marketing droids, it's "not the package that I'm looking for".

11 months with TWC had to replace a box that has been malfunctioning for several months, had to drive 30 mins to the nearest location. They charged 3.00 to give a multi tuner box which I thought based on the apparently false comnercials that you can record 6 different show. In Jan I signed up for the 89.99 triple play which I thought I had that capability but not the case. I happened to see a flyer at the office for the 89,99, 109.99 and the 129.99 the later you were given premium channels. So after reading this when I got home I called, Well the call was an eye opener as it seemed they changed my plan from the 89.99 to the 109.99 which was unbeknownst to me. It even confused the rep who never called me back when I lost the call but she pointed out some of the changes after I inquired where did the 109.99 come from and how is it now 131.27. She mentioned changes made, I advised the only change I made was to increase my internet speed to 50mbps which when I first started was told it was not available in my area, funny called in April and was upgraded, so that was the only change made total 89.99 plus 10.00 equals 99.99 not 131.00 . Called back got another rep who was worthless and told me you got the best we could give you and get you as close to the plan you were on. I said I never changed my plan and it should good for the year, after hearing that said I want to cancel, got transferred to a rude retention rep how then told me I had a loyalty promo for 6 months that expired, hmmmm Just started 1/16/16 and got a 6 months loyalty promo odd, after reading many of these posts it was a lie as I was not aware of the promo, nor advised of it and the duration. So after that the rep basically offered to lower the service, but stated it would cost more, makes perfect sense....Wrong! I told them I would be canceling service and hung up. Sad one lie after another are they not held liable to the terms and conditions within there bs contracts? Even the first was confused why things changed and I was not even through my first year. Even though it maybe a waste of time, I'm thinking it's time to contact the F.C.C., NYS District Attorney and the Federal Trade Commission. They can harass and sue you if you default on paying but as a consumer they don't have to honor their contract between the customer and TWC. Bs is what it is I worked in telecommunications and within my company this poor handling of customers and shoddy business practices would not be tolerated or legal. As I sit hear watch tv with a box I just replace its already having issues yet when the cable was run directly to my tv I had no problem as I type this line it has gone black 5 times so far and audio drop ours at least 8 times. Its only going to get worse from what I read about the two companies that took over TWC.
Community Manager

@Assistchief52

I apologize for any poor experience and service issues. If you need assistance, please send a private message with your account or phone number so we can help. We can be reached at TWC_ForumsHelp

James M.
^TWC - Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Newcomer

Today I spoke with customer rep regarding Bill increase and just like everyone else was just given a lot of back talk.  We have been TWC customers for over 20 years and feel like they are taking advantage of us.  if you are a new customer you get everything.   we are looking into other providers Dish, direct tv, Verizon , AT &T and others to alleviate this problem. I have become very disappointed in their service and their product

Browser

I ordered the Triple Play package (if that's what they call it) in November 2015, with an additional phone line (2 total) and Ultimate (50 mbit) internet.

When I signed up, they said the promotion was good for a year but that I could just call back at the end of that promotion and get another year of that promotion.

Well, time has intervened and now TWC is Spectrum.   The horror stories of price increases and TWC/Spectrums unwilling to retain anyone with better pricing were something I anticipated.

My bill went up from $184 to $218 this month.     I called in, and no additional year of promotional rate was offered.   I cancelled TV, and that only took the price down to $157.50 and taxes.  If I switch from 50 mbit to 30 mbit the price is $127.50.   If I switch to 20 Mbit the price is $121 and change.   If I switch to 15 mbit the price is $110.50.

Now, those aren't the prices I'll see on my bill as they do not include the surcharges, modem rental, etc.    And, even worse, I already know that this will not be the end of their price increases.   The $30 increase I saw on my bill likely was only a precursor of what is to come, based upon the multi-staged jacking of prices over a period of months that other people are reporting here.

It's hard to imagine one could have the highest avaiable TV package, phone and 50 mbit internet for $184 for a year, and that one could then drop all of the TV related services and drop down to 20 mbit and still be stuck with a $130+ bill.

Like I said, this was hte first month that I noticed an increase, which I would expect if I was at the end of the first year promotion.    There was no option for an additional year of promotion, even though they told me I would have that option when I signed up in Nov 2015.    That's not the worrisome part though.   The worrisome part is that over the course of the next number of months [based upon all the other reports here] is that even after having significantly downgraded service they are likely going to significantly jack up my costs over the coming months.

At no point did the rep care that I was terminating ALL of my television and lowering my internet.   She didn't ask why.   She didn't offer any better rate.   Of course, she said she would "check to see if there were any promotions", but we already know that Spectrum is unwilling to provide a reasonable offer to retain a customer and of course the lady came back and confirmed that there is no promotion.

Even if I removed my two phones lines (about $30 and change in savings), I'd still be stuck with a $100 bill for 20 mbit internet -- and that is before they start their customary jacking up of prices over the course of some months.

It's ashame.   I actually was happy with their services.   I don't mind giving up TV since I rarely watch TV.      But $100+ for 20 mbit internet is ridiculous.     Their infrastructure to provide everyone with 20 mbit internet has been in place, bought and paid for years ago.    20 mbit is nothing.     So they are making an amazing amount of profit off of simple internet.

I'm sure that soon enough my bill is going to go up more, and it wouuldn't surprise me if they don't get my next bill correct and that I'll be forced to call them up and argue for an hour just to make my bill reflect ONLY the services I currently have.

At this point I have another TV provider [I probably should have waited until Spectrum officially didn't offer me an additional promotion].   Now, I couldn't continue the triple play promotion even if they offered it to me.  My Fault.

Now I have to talk with Frontier, who can supply me with 24 mbit internet, and see what pricing they will give to me and I'll just switch to some phone service like Magic Jack.

It sure would be nice if I didn't have to totally get rid of the TWC/Spectrum internet and phone, but I'm almost certain that will need to happen.     I'm sure January's bill will be all I will need to see in order to come to that final conclusion.

Mike

Newcomer

The difference with retail stores is that they upgrade their infrastructure. TWC has been using the same equipment and lines for over 10 years. Data is only getting cheaper to transfer and store so why is it companies like TWC get to charge more and more for the same service we've always gotten and uninformed people like you let them get away with it?

Google Fiber would cost me $10 more per month than my current TWC internet package and it would provide me with well over 100X my current internet speed. You wanna explain that away?

Newcomer

Get FIOS if it's available in your area, the basic internet package costs the same as TWC but provides about 3X the download and upload speed

TWC/Spectrum is out of touch with reality at this point.  They think I should pay $30 / month more which is the new promo price.  How can an increase be a promo? Based on my 30 minutes with customer service, they are not budging.  I urge anyone who reads this to check your TV/Internet and Phone options.  When they see all of their subscribers jumping, maybe they will realize gouging is not a long term business strategy. 

Newcomer

[ Edited ]

This is the EXACT same thing that has happened to me and I am FURIOUS.  I had no idea I was paying close to $100 for Internet.  They raised my bill and I was paying $160 and now almost $200. Then when tried to get rid of phone and other things they said they would have to rebundle me and I would be paying more. I am about to QUIT them on principal and sign with another company.  This should all be illegal.  They used to be able to work with you on rates and now the customer rep was basically telling me to call back and cancel.  Horrible.   I am angry and disappointed and especially because cutting the chord may be something I just do on principal.