Highlighted

Bill Hike Complaint

I am very disappointed that rates continue to climb since Spectrum took over Time Warner. The internet package alone has increased from $59.99 to $64.99 plus $5.00 for wifi. It's ridiculous considering the CEO promised his customers he would not raise any prices. Participating in poor business practice as such, may result in hundreds, if not thousands of customers, terminating their services for good. I'm sure I speak for many others when I say this, we'd appreciate our old pricing options back.
10 REPLIES
Newcomer

Re: Bill Hike Complaint

Oh boy In our area zip 03598 Whitefield nh we suppose to switch in a few weeks got me worried now...

Established Sharer

The Spectrum standard internet plan should be $59.99 + $5 if you want wifi enabled on the included modem, not $64.99 + $5...at least this is the pricing in most areas. 

Valued Contributor

I live in Fairport Harbor, Ohio, zip 44077, thirty miles from Cleveland and 10-15 miles further from the area's television stations, for a total of some forty-plus miles, so indoor TV antennas don't work well here (two channels, both affiliates of important US television networks, do not reach my home using just an indoor antenna; I do not want to go to the trouble and expense of installing an outdoor antenna just to get two channels).

My Spectrum bill arrived the other day, and I was very surprised -- it was over $90 for the three services I have (Starter TV, Internet, home phone). It wasn't that long ago this bundle was $71 and change; this was just after Spectrum took over TWC, and the rates have been going up and up and up . . . ever since. I won't cancel my services, since I live in a semi-fringe area for Cleveland TV and use the Internet a lot, not to mention needing the cable on my account so my Spectrum Roku app will receive local TV, but I am wondering just how much more my bill will increase.

I realize cable TV bills are like everything else, that is, they increase every year (!), but good grief! I am afraid one of these days, Spectrum is going to price itself right out of reach of the average consumer, if it isn't close to that already. People have other, more important things than cable TV (food, clothing, shelter, to name but three) to spend their money on. If the cable bills go too high, they will either downgrade or cancel their services. I am thinking particularly of older folks who live on fixed incomes. These people often have real problems making ends meet at the end of every month and cannot afford cable bills that keep going up. These will be the first folks to cancel or downgrade their services if cable service increases in price much more than it has. Many of these people, like myself, live in areas of the US where rabbit ears do not work well because television reception is not the best. My situation is bad, but there are far worse TV reception areas such as mountainous regions, such as parts of Pennsylvania, West Virginia, California, et al. that do not get, at worst, any TV reception at all, or at best just one or two channels without cable. What are these people to do if cable rates go so high only upper-middle-class and higher Americans can afford even basic service?

Browser

Our bill went up $25 without notice. I called to ask about it -- they said for NEW CUSTOMERS the bill would be the advertised $29.99 for each internet and TV. When I asked why I was paying $114 this month and $89 last month for their advertised $30 for the same services (Basic Cable and internet), they simply said "you are not a new customer."  I soon may be NO customer ;-)  Welcome to the future.  

Valued Participant

89 does not include taxes fees and tv equipment.so depending on what you have your probably not to far off
Valued Participant

well spectrum does not offer starter tv so you are at the cheapest you are going to get for those services.
Browser

My TOTAL bill was $89
Valued Participant

it is 64.99 plus wifi 5 dollar fee
Browser

Not sure what you are talking about... What is "it" ? I know my bill and what I was and am paying. What are you referring you, please?