Rookie

Re: A lot of customers seem very unhappy with Spectrum!

rtv72,
I agree with your statement! Sothern California has been taken over by Spectrum. I had the option to keep my high-speed internet as well but would be charged three times the price for it under Spectrum as compared to TWC, so dropped it to basic speed. Then yesterday I received a phone call from Spectrum wanting to check my services for possible savings. I was just a name on a list that they called, they did not even know what services I had and that they had already forced me to switch to a Spectrum account. When I was transferred to a sales agent, they tried to push packages on me, as you stated sell, sell, sell….

Participant

[ Edited ]

Nile,

It's the same story over, over, over again. We all can't be wrong!!! It's all about the money!!!! Who care's, who you step on!!! Big Cooperations at there best!!! I would like to see the goverment come in and break them up!! Just look at all the post on this site about Spectrums service.  I think I may go to a hot spot for $25.00 a month for my internet here in Waterboro, Me. i don't use it that much! They just will not post the pricing on there website other than the packages they want you to buy!!!!

Sb4
Newcomer

I just spent 30 minutes of my life I can't get back with Spectrum. As a former Time Warner customer I was expecting better pricing based on all the advertising. Well that's for new customers. She was double talking the whole time. What channels do you watch? I want what I have now at a better price! Well tell me some of the channels you watch. Well, a variety. I need the Disney jr station for my grand daughter. Ok let me put you on hold. Comes back several minutes later with package price. I asked her if it was select, silver or gold. She says gold and I say I don't want all those premium channels. The. She says it's the same price for silver tier. I was like what are you talking about that doesn't make sense! Well it's not actually the silver or gold it's a tier and it is $12 dollars more to ensure I get the Disney jr. channel. So I ask her to give me pricing before taxes. $152.99 before taxes. But that includes all the surcharges. Final price is $157.95 a month. I said to her that's not much less than I'm paying now only about $15 dollars less and I had expected a better deal. She actually said to me that some customers are grateful to save $5 a month. Are you kidding me!!!!! This is customer service now days. So I am at the mercy of another cable company. Not impressed. I am researching other options. I think I'm over the cable company. They are all the same.
Participant

[ Edited ]

For my TV I am putting up a HD antenna! Well back to the 1970's we go! It's for Free I am told you get about all locals and about 20 more depending where you are.  The antenna cost about $30.00.  I am cutting the cable for TV also. The pricing is out of control!!!  I think you will see alot of people dump the cable companies! This will not work if you need the disney channel. well said on you post!

Highlighted

Unhappy with Spectrum!

My problem is that with Time Warner Cable, Dish Network, Verizon, and Direct TV, I can watch all of my recorded shows and have FULL use of the App LITERALLY ANYWHERE! But with Spectrum, I can ONLY watch on my HOME WIFI which is ridiculous! why would I be using my phone, when I'm at home and can just turn on the TV. In addition, why am I paying the same and more money for LESS of a service than I get with other cable companies???? Spectrum has pulled an awfully greedy move. It seems like they think their customers are stupid and just won't notice that we are now getting significantly less than we did for the same price.
Expert

did that price include a cable box? If not, add in $10 a month per box...

Participant

Re: Unhappy with Spectrum!

[ Edited ]

you are not the only one having issues with the big cable and internet conpanies. When they merge you have more of a problem with service ,higher costs and less choice. The only thing they care abount is ther bottom line $$$$$$. What we need is more companies in all areas of the country, that will produce better coustomer sercive and pricing because that will make them work for your business. When they are the only game in town you don't have a chance to make ends meet at home when you are paying for higher cable and internet costs and recieve less. That's how the market works and they know It!!!
Participant

I have something to add. My service with time warner for the month ended on 3/20/17. I cancelled my service on 3/18/17 two days before my service ended for the month. spectrum just sent me a bill for $ 36.72 for a partial months charges. The new month didn't even start and now they say i own them money!!

Lead Moderator

@rtv72 It sounds as if you have not gotten the final bill, that perhaps the bill was cut prior to the closing of the account. We would be happy to take a look at that if you would like. 

We can be reached at Forums_Help

Please do include your account number and verification of your service address to get 

started. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Lead Moderator

@rtv72 It sounds as if you have not gotten the final bill, that perhaps the bill was cut prior to the closing of the account. We would be happy to take a look at that if you would like. 

We can be reached at Forums_Help

Please do include your account number and verification of your service address to get 

started. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums