Participant

A lot of customers seem very unhappy with Spectrum!

[ Edited ]

I have been reading a lot of unhappy coustomer posts here! I can say I live in waterboro, maine and there is only one provider (Spectrum) and they know it. This is the problem with only one provider. They don't care at all about anything because they are (it),  There goal is to switch all TWC to Spectrum for higher cost, poor service and limit your choice of plans. They just don't care try calling there service center and see how long it takes to talk to a person. Then just listen to there (bull) The Motto is, sell, sell, sell for a higher cost, cost, cost. If i find or if anyone finds another provider in waterboro, maine please list them, I will do the same. I don't know who aproved the merger but they should be fired!!!!!

19 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: A lot of customers seem very unhappy with Spectrum!

We are sorry to hear you are displeased with the new packages we have to offer.  If you prefer you can maintain your TWC package, you are not obligated to select one of the new 

options. 

You mention poor service, if you are having trouble with the services you are subscribed to please do let us know, we would be happy to investigate that for you. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

They just raised my price by 21% this year, after a 18% increase last year. I am moving to att wireless and direct tv. Good luck. Thanks for you input. Tom

Participant

[ Edited ]

Coustomer service said i couldn't keep the same price for my internet service which was $39.99 per month so I canelled. They said it would be $54.99  per month for 50 mps download speed. What you said is not the true, unless coustomer service lie to me, to force me to switch to Spectrum!!! If you are willing to have my internet restored at $ 39.99 I will listen!! Please let me know!

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

If your promotional offer with TWC has expired we would not be able to offer you the price you had previously. If you prefer to keep your TWC pacakge, at the new promotional price if you are still on one, or at standard rates, you are able to do that. Just because your promotion stepped up or expired does not mean you have to switch to a different package. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Expert

there is no 50 meg service.. it's 60 megs and 59.95 a month including a modem... to add wireless add another $5 a month... $54 is an odd figure unless it's $49 plus  $5 for wireless

There is a supposed $29.95 16 meg service but it appears you need to bundle it with a tv package of some sort.

It's impossible to track as they don't do any contracts and some zip codes seem to get better price breaks on the phone, however there is no gauranteee your monthly bills will be that low....

Participant

If i recall correctly they only offer one internet package only! On there website it's 44.99 for 60mps  and that is the only package listed and i am sureit's for new customers only. How come they don't list all there pricing for internet service, because the cost is very high?????? One size fits all????? I also have my own modem. So i don't need the extra cost. I have no need for 60 mps, 20-25 will work for me. Do they have a plan for that??? TWC did!!

Expert

60 meg service is $59.95 unless your area has some sort of bundling to lower the price...

that includes the modem lease but does not include "wifi" which is $5 a month extra....

Where are you seeing a $44 price?

Participant

[ Edited ]

Here is the link

https://www.spectrum.com/packages.html

Expert

[ Edited ]

I've found the new customer prices only good for a year, they don't agree either.... The TWC Spectrum link immediatly bumps over to Spectrum Charter but the fine print mentions TWC...

entering in known good addresses that don't have TWC service under the new customer links, fail and say to call customer service...

Charter Spectrum™ Internet Plans and Packages

Offers are valid for a limited time only, to qualifying residential customers who have not subscribed to applicable services within the previous 30 days and have no outstanding obligation to TWC. Standard rates apply after promotion. TV equipment required & is extra; No additional charge for modem; Phone taxes, fees, & surcharges are included in price; other equipment, install, taxes, fees & surcharges may apply. Credit approval, prepayment or major credit card may be required. Services are subject to all applicable service terms & conditions, which are subject to change. Trademarks belong to their respective owners. Services not available in all areas. Restrictions apply. Charter services not yet available in all areas, please enter your address to determine availability.

the $44.98 price is for new customers only, and only for the first year.... I am not able to bring up the existing customer price or the price afgter the first year.. I do see that there is also a "one time" wifi install fee of $9.95, but no mention of the  $5 a month fee.

It really appears the web sites are all hosed up.... I've also got some known residential addresses that never had cable tv and are indeed new customers, don't see any different prices for those as well as existing TWC addresses.

Talk about confusion for customers, this is 10x worst than the twc pricing...