remote volume control

I set up the remote for my TV and everything seems to be working fine except the volume doesn't go high enough (maximum level of 50). This is not loud enough on my TV and the older cable  remote went much higher.  Is there a way to increase the volume range?

2 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: remote volume control

katechampion wrote:

I set up the remote for my TV and everything seems to be working fine except the volume doesn't go high enough (maximum level of 50). This is not loud enough on my TV and the older cable  remote went much higher.  Is there a way to increase the volume range?

Hi Kate,

When you say that your "old remote went much higher" with the volume, it sounds like you are using the volume control from the cable box and not the volume from the TV.  A TV volume range would it most cases be 1-100.

Assuming that this is a Spectrum remote, Spectrum has a website on "Programing Your Remote" control.  You will need to go to that link below, and than find the make and model of your remote.  Than  use those instructions to control the volume for your TV through the TV.  Not the cable box.  Here is that link:

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/program-your-remote.html

Satch

Lead Moderator

Re: remote volume control

First thing I would suggest is increasing the volume directly from the TV set to a good 

mid range. 

You would then control the volume through the cable box either up or down from 

the mid range on the TV set. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums