Observer

"Set reminder " still missing on Enhanced DVR only

The "Set Reminder" function in the channel guide grid was a feature we really miss on our DVR! . We use this handy feature every day on our regular boxes and would like to enjoy it again on our main TV "enhanced DVR". Having the convenience of highlighting a few shows to watch later is a feature we have enjoyed for years and don't understand why it has vanished in recent months. Please put it back on the "enhanced DVR" channel guide !! Thanks!

1 REPLY
Trusted Helper

Re: "Set reminder " still missing on Enhanced DVR only

@TV-Guywrote:

The "Set Reminder" function in the channel guide grid was a feature we really miss on our DVR! . We use this handy feature every day on our regular boxes and would like to enjoy it again on our main TV "enhanced DVR". Having the convenience of highlighting a few shows to watch later is a feature we have enjoyed for years and don't understand why it has vanished in recent months. Please put it back on the "enhanced DVR" channel guide !! Thanks!

Hey TV Guy,

Sup?  I have to check my box.  I think they moved Set Reminder to Settings.  We did get a small guide update in March/April.  I remember Set Reminder well.  Even though I did not use it, I know many people who did. 

You could set up to eight Reminder Times and this was a feature that was very useful in the guide cell options.  When you set a reminder, and you were watching something else, a pop-up message would tell you that another show was about to begin in a few minutes if you had a Reminder Timer Set.  This feature was particularly useful for non-DVR users, who had some control over when their programs were forthcoming.  Why Spectrum removed it from DVR boxes is hard to say.  Best guess is that they believed, well, if the customer wants to be reminded of the show, they can just record the program.

Is Set Reminder still in the Time Grid on the non-DVR boxes?  TV Guy, what box(es) do you have?  I have the Cisco 9865 and like it very much!  At any rate, moving Set Reminder from the guide cell options to the Timer Settings was very bulky and cumbersome.  I can see why this feature should return to the future selections in the Time Grid.  All the newer boxes have the added memory to support new features and functions.  I know that Set Reminder in the Time Grid future program cell options is missed. 

Satch