Highlighted

one of two DVRs doesn't display time status bar

Recently came (back) to TWC/Spectrum from DirecTV.  I have two DVR's, both Cisco's, with one being a model 8640 and the other a 8642.  When I fast forward on the 8640 there is a time bar displayed so I can see where in the recording I'm at.  The 8642 does not display that progress bar.

Might there be a display setting of some type to get that to show up?

What am I missing here?

TIA

5 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: one of two DVRs doesn't display time status bar

dr4sight wrote:

Recently came (back) to TWC/Spectrum from DirecTV.  I have two DVR's, both Cisco's, with one being a model 8640 and the other a 8642.  When I fast forward on the 8640 there is a time bar displayed so I can see where in the recording I'm at.  The 8642 does not display that progress bar.

Might there be a display setting of some type to get that to show up?

What am I missing here?

TIA

Hello,

A reboot of the box should bring back the program progress bar on the affected box.

Satch

if a reboot doesnt fix issue you need to either press your menu or settings button depending on the type of cable box you have and go to setup and you will see LED setup and it will give you option to either choose time or channel

Expert

Robot LOLCat LOLSmiley LOLWoman LOL

That's for the front panel display, not the actual playback timeline....

If a reset doesn't work, you can try to exchange the 42 for a 40 at your TWC store.... good luck!

The 2 boxes have different firmware in them, don't expect them to operate the same.

I finally got around to doing the reset on the Explorer 8642HDC and happily this solved THAT problem.  So now when I fast-forward I can view the status time bar which had been missing.

I thank the responders for the suggestion.

Not sure whether to put this new issue here or start a new thread.

To review I have a model Cisco model 8640DVR in one room and 8642 in another room.  My wife turned to the Game Show Network on channel 88 and 177 and received a message that the channel was "unavailable at this time".   She was using the 8642 unit.  When I tried the same channels on the other DVR they showed up with no problem.  Same thing happens with the Tennis Channel which is shows as unavailable on the 8642 but plays fine on the 8640.

I double checked all of the other Digi Tier 1 channels and these were the only cases where they list as unavailable on one unit but play fine on the other.

This really confounds me and this all follows the reset that I had already done.

Ideas?

Trusted Helper

dr4sight wrote:

I finally got around to doing the reset on the Explorer 8642HDC and happily this solved THAT problem.  So now when I fast-forward I can view the status time bar which had been missing.

I thank the responders for the suggestion.

Not sure whether to put this new issue here or start a new thread.

To review I have a model Cisco model 8640DVR in one room and 8642 in another room.  My wife turned to the Game Show Network on channel 88 and 177 and received a message that the channel was "unavailable at this time".   She was using the 8642 unit.  When I tried the same channels on the other DVR they showed up with no problem.  Same thing happens with the Tennis Channel which is shows as unavailable on the 8642 but plays fine on the 8640.

I double checked all of the other Digi Tier 1 channels and these were the only cases where they list as unavailable on one unit but play fine on the other.

This really confounds me and this all follows the reset that I had already done.

Ideas?

Hello,

If you have done the reset on Tennis Channel and GSN on the affected box and they are not coming in,  you should contact Spectrum for a signal and drop-line test.  Send your account information to @Forums_Help along with a description of this problem, and a request for a tech to come out and check your box and signal levels.

Satch