Trusted Helper

Re: NEW DIGITAL RECEIVERS-WARNING- Model is Hot to Touch.

@da1 wrote:

satch why would i miss upgrades if im constantly rebooting since i unplugged

Well,

You would probably get the update the next time you unplugged.  We have customers who go on vacation for 30-60 days and unplug the boxes.  They may miss important updates at that time and come home to bricked boxes.  Best to leave your box plugged in on vacation.

Rebooting daily puts a strain on the box.  You should only need to reboot like one every six months to a year, when things are good.  If you can't get a different model box, I would get a fan in on top of the box and turn it on . Set a little fan on top of the box.  The fan should be small and weigh much less than the box.  (A small fan can oscillate  to keep that area cool.)

Satch

Observer

keep in mind the box gets hot when in an off position --so a lttle fan would have to run 24hours a day which would also worry me.i think the only solution is for spectrum try aonther type box rather than humax since some one suggested its the mfg  of the box not spectrums problem. since this tv is at best used twice a week i will continue to unplug after each uses -let it reboot twice a week-and if the box "blows up" i would say "yeah". 

thanks for your inputs really appreciated

Trusted Helper

@da1 wrote:

keep in mind the box gets hot when in an off position --so a lttle fan would have to run 24hours a day which would also worry me.i think the only solution is for spectrum try aonther type box rather than humax since some one suggested its the mfg  of the box not spectrums problem. since this tv is at best used twice a week i will continue to unplug after each uses -let it reboot twice a week-and if the box "blows up" i would say "yeah". 

thanks for your inputs really appreciated

Yes,

Let's hope that World Box 2 runs cooler.  Spectrum can this excessive heat issue please be reported to Humax?  Quality control needs to be made aware of this in all divisions.  Yes, even when turned off, there are reports of these boxes generating a ton of heat.  The tech with whom I spoke said that "You can cook on them."  I would share these concerns and even send this thread to the powers that be at Humax so that they know about this.

Satch