Observer

new digital receivers

just a warning for custmers getting the required digital receiver. i have had 2 boxes installed one by myself and one by a technician. in both cases , even with the tv and receiver off---the box continues to heat up and i mean gets hot,so much that we wont leave the house or got to bed at night unless we unplug completely. which means we have to reboot each time we turn on.im just concerned someone may place the box next to some combustable materials  and start a fire. just be cautious !!!!!!!  

12 REPLIES
Observer

Re: new digital receivers

subject on post should have been" new digital receiver warning"

Helper

Which receiver make and model do you have?

Established Sharer

Second, when you received the replacement receiver from Spectrum, did you also receive a replacement "wall wart" power supply at the same time? 

And please also send along your ZIP Code so we can tell which portion of the USA you are located. 

Trusted Helper

Re: NEW DIGITAL RECEIVERS-WARNING- Model is Hot to Touch.

@reds91185 wrote:

Yes,

We need the make and model of receiver.  Also make sure that the following conditions are present:

• The box is in an open well-ventilated area.
  • No vents are covered up and there are a good 1" to 2" on the side of the box.
  • It is normal for the box to feel warm.  But if you put your hand on the box and it feels painfully hot, that should not be happening.
  • It's also not good to unplug the box every night.  You will not only miss updates, but this strains the box.

I would get this box replaced, immediately.

Satch

Trusted Helper

@Satch wrote:

@reds91185 wrote:

Yes,

We need the make and model of receiver.  Also make sure that the following conditions are present:

• The box is in an open well-ventilated area.
  • No vents are covered up and there are a good 1" to 2" on the side of the box.
  • It is normal for the box to feel warm.  But if you put your hand on the box and it feels painfully hot, that should not be happening.
  • It's also not good to unplug the box every night.  You will not only miss updates, but this strains the box.

I would get this box replaced, immediately.

Satch

Guys,

I chatted with a tech who said that there are reports of the World Boxes being hot to the touch.  Do we have tickets on this issue?  He said that this is a manufacturer problem not Spectrum.  I hope that the new World Box 2.0 units run cooler.

Satch

Observer

humas set top box  3438b7aac1441 is all the info i have

Observer

i dont think so just te box---area code 14059

Observer

humas set top box 3438b7aac144 is all the info i got

Observer

satch why would i miss upgrades if im constantly rebooting since i unplugged