Proven Sharer

Re: need advice bout cable box thats cheap n not from spectrum

@Mwilk19wrote:

I can live with having to lease a box accept your equipment is junk. I’ve had to replace my DVR at least 4 times in the last 2 years.

Replacing 4 boxes in 2 years suggests problems other than faulty boxes. Boxes do go bad from time to time, but not that frequently.

I'm up for suggestions. Three of the boxes were replaced by Spectrum techs and one by me.

Proven Sharer

@Mwilk19wrote:

I'm up for suggestions. Three of the boxes were replaced by Spectrum techs and one by me.

The techs are most likely replacing boxes hoping to clear up coax signal issues rather than do the right thing and replace the actual coax that is the root cause of the signal problems in the first place. 

Lead Moderator

@Mwilk19  I  am with @reds91185 on this one. It sounds more like a signal issue 

than an equipment issue. 

Do you also have Internet service with us? If you do please post the signal 

levels and modem logs here. Your peers can help diagnose the issue.

If you prefer direct support please feel free to contact our Social Media Customer care team at: 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

that cant be true  i know  a family that has had cable for atleast maybe 30 something years they have all the channel pkg but they returned all the cable boxes all of them cuz the bill was to high an all these years they still have the cable but no cable boxes

also i talked with a tech on the chat an he said that on april 17 when all the channels go digital at that same time eveybody on ultra in this area RGV texas will be bumped to ultra 400 he said for real was he telling the truth ???

also if i add the spectrum tv choice my bill will be 133.99 or will there be tons of hidden fees ?