iA01 error on one box

Not getting service in one room.  Signal drops and/or display on box would say APP.  Have rebooted box several times; sometimes signal would work for awhile.  Have called Technical Support several times and have been told signal is bad.  I have exchanged the box several times and get IA01 error on all different types of boxes.  I have had a signal amplifier in line as it immediately enters house for past 20 years.  Installed another signal amplifier last night on line for box that is not getting signal and now getting Not Tunable Channel 0 (Source ID=2) Not Tunable Alert on TV with no signal.  

Nothing in house has changed but outside temps have now hit 100 degrees.  A simiiar issue occurred a couple of years ago and technician came out and noticed issues with outside pole and line (bad connection due to bugs, old line).  He replaced the line and it worked fine until now.  I hesitate to have tech come into house (ill family member) but they won't send anyone out to check outside line.  

Need help.

5 REPLIES
Expert

Re: iA01 error on one box

You can't use amplifiers that are 20 years old.

PERIOD!

Get them out of line and use a 2 way splitter for your data modem and then it's second port split only enough times for the remaining boxes. No open ports or empty wall jacks are allowed.

All devices are now qam 256 downstream and qam 16/64 upstream and will not pass thru all old one way amps.

If you have more than 3 devices, it will require TWC out to determine what the proper bi amp is and install it as well as probably replace bad coax.

Amplifiers are bad and should not be used if unnecessary or to repair coaxial problems.

on a working box, hold in the select button for 10 seconds then hit the up arrow. What is the IB freq and level and the OOB tx rx freq's and levels.

What's on your modems signal level page and where is it splitter wise from the incomming line?

Thanks for the reply but not sure what you're referring to.  I may be wrong calling it a signal amplifier but it plugs into outlet, coax cable runs from it to a splitter, then coax to box and TV.  All TVs in house work fine with this set up except one.  And that one is intermittent until I tried to put in a new desktop box.  Customer service gave me another one of the "amplifiers" last night to try to add to the coax line where I am having issues.  

This is cable TV only.  When you refer to a modem, I picture internet.  Internet is working fine and NOT an issue. 

Thanks.

Trusted Helper

30yrcustomer wrote:

Thanks for the reply but not sure what you're referring to.  I may be wrong calling it a signal amplifier but it plugs into outlet, coax cable runs from it to a splitter, then coax to box and TV.  All TVs in house work fine with this set up except one.  And that one is intermittent until I tried to put in a new desktop box.  Customer service gave me another one of the "amplifiers" last night to try to add to the coax line where I am having issues.  

This is cable TV only.  When you refer to a modem, I picture internet.  Internet is working fine and NOT an issue. 

Thanks.

Greetings,

You don't have a box issue.   You have a signal issue. You need to contact Spectrum for the following:

1.) A signal and drop-line test.

2.) A check of the junction box on your street.

3.) Disagree with Ms. Raye on the use of splitters.  They can decrease signals by up to ninety percent.  You should remove splitters.

Try to avoid resetting your box or modem for at least six hours before the tech comes.  This will reset the error codes, and in this case, the tech will get a good reading when this is not the case.

Satch

Very helpful, Satch.  

Expert

All of that is wrong. Twc/ spectrum needs to come out and repair this mess rather than giving you things that will make matters worst.

There is a proper way to install equipment in the proper order, your interaction with spectrum only shows their inept service.

You have bad cables, bad splitters or corroded connectors and adding an amplifier  gives you the "garbage in, wamplified garbage out" condition that not only afects your TV and internet, but everyone else in the neighborhood.

What are the modems signal levels and is the amplifier before the splitter that feeds it?

What is the exact model number of it?

TWC improperly installed a lot of a certain model.