Participant

dvr recording there, then disappears

This has happened before, but this week it has happened twice. Monday dvr recording The Good Doctor. Saw it in the "List" as recording. Went back the next morning to watch, it was gone. Happened again last night with a completely different channel. Saw the program was almost done with the recording. Went to watch it about an hour later, not there. And no I did not hit stop recording. Now I'll have to wait a month before it shows up OnDemand & watch with the endless commercials(which for some reason is the same commercial on every break). What happened??

4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: dvr recording there, then disappears

@sweetpea12

Lost recordings can be the result of a recording setting, or more likely, the result of a failing hard drive.  Sometimes restarting the equipment will restore content.  Otherwise, it is likely that the equipment needs to be replaced.  

Spectrum Social Media Customer Care

Trusted Helper

Greetings,

Let's do a cold reboot of the box.  Power off the box and unplug it for one minute.  After plugging it back in set up some recordings to test.  If the problem comes back after the cold reboot, I agree with James that the box may be starting to fail.  I would also get a tech dispatched to check signal levels.  When the tech comes, avoid resetting any boxes or modems for six hours so that the tech can take a signal reading.  Resets of equipment put the error codes back to zero.

A swapped box won't solve bad signals.  That needs a new drop-line, pole tap, or other wiring issues.  But with the tech dispatched, he can check both signals and the box.

Satch

Participant

Tech came out yesterday. Signal has absolutely nothing to do with something recording, then it disappears. Besides they were just out here a few weeks ago to check all signals. The box is not the problem either-Thank God since it's brand new. But......he has no idea why it shows something recording & it disappears.  He said the only thing that would disrupt it would be if it was rebooted during the recording, which it wasn't since I was watching another show at the time. So there you go, don't bother sending for anyone. Just hope shows record.  

Trusted Helper

sweetpea12 wrote:

Tech came out yesterday. Signal has absolutely nothing to do with something recording, then it disappears. Besides they were just out here a few weeks ago to check all signals. The box is not the problem either-Thank God since it's brand new. But......he has no idea why it shows something recording & it disappears.  He said the only thing that would disrupt it would be if it was rebooted during the recording, which it wasn't since I was watching another show at the time. So there you go, don't bother sending for anyone. Just hope shows record.  

If the tech is correct on all of the above, have you had a box swap?  That would be the only thing left that I could think of causing the vanishing recordings.  Maybe someone else will have a better idea.  What is the make and model of this box, and how may tuners does it have?

Satch